Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:07 am

Japanese Hiltons

On vacation in Japan and just love everything about this country including our hotels. We have stayed at Hiltons in Fukuoka, Osaka, Odaiba, Tokyo and Tokyo Bay. All of them top notch. As Diamond members, we got upgraded at every hotel. Most upgrades meant rooms on higher floors or with better views. We also received welcome gifts delivered to our room and enjoyed the executive lounges. Amazing food for breakfast, snacks and dinner provided. We never ate dinner there but did see the spread while getting a drink before going out. The food in Japan is just too much to pass on by eating at the hotel.
It will be hard going back to my domestic Hiltons for work in a week Hampton Inn Fort Worth West off I-30 just doesn’t seem all that exciting after Japan!
RAPC and tfizzle like this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
As Diamond members, we got upgraded at every hotel. Most upgrades meant rooms on higher floors or with better views.
Yes... Japan is amazing. Glad you enjoyed it. Many of us love the country and its people/food/etc...

No... a "higher floor" is not much of an upgrade and a "better view" is nice but only really valuable in relatively few hotels...
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Japanese suck at hospitality because life in Japan is fully transactional. Its great as a tourist destination though.

Last edited by ashkale; Jan 14, 2020 at 4:33 pm
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Hilton set to open in Hiroshima late 2022.
https://newsroom.hilton.com/hilton/property/10331

A Japanese article says the complex will have over 400 rooms.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:16 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Hilton to Open 2 New Hotels in Japan

Having recently acquired the Aspire Card, I’ve taken a renewed interest in Hilton hotels in Japan. Two new Hilton hotels are scheduled to open in Nagasaki in 2021 and Hiroshima in 2022. I couldn’t find any reference to this on the Hilton forum, so I’ve started a new thread. Below is a link to the Hilton press release.

https://newsroom.hilton.com/hilton/n...rties-in-japan

I was in Nagasaki two weeks ago and passed by the hotel construction site. The hotel is scheduled to open in November 2021 and is part of a larger complex consisting of a convention/exhibition and shopping center being built across the street from the new Nagasaki train station now under construction to accommodate the new Shinkansen (bullet train) line service from Fukuoka that will terminate in Nagasaki City.

Being a tourist hub, there are many small to medium-sized hotels in Nagasaki, but only one major chain hotel in the city, the ANA Crowne Plaza Nagasaki Gloverhill (IHG chain), so the Hilton is a significant addition at the upper end of the market. Given that the Hilton will be part of a convention/exhibition center and shopping mall complex, I would suspect the hotel will also feature an executive lounge, but the release doesn't mention one for Nagasaki. Below are some photos I took of drawings at the construction site that show what the complex will look like when completed. There is already a Hilton Hotel in Fukuoka, which goes for 30,000 points or about $150 per night. I suspect this hotel will be in the same range or even lower.

Drawing of entire complex (Convention/Exhibition center, shopping mall, and Hilton Hotel on right)

Aerial view of the new complex.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Oct 17, 2020 at 8:20 pm Reason: Add information
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Good find! You might want to add them to the wiki in the joining/leaving sticky thread:
Hilton properties joining / leaving the Hilton chain
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Good find! You might want to add them to the wiki in the joining/leaving sticky thread:
Hilton properties joining / leaving the Hilton chain
Just did! thanks for the link.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Hi
thanks very much for posting!
I stayed in the Fukuoka Hilton to visit Nagasaki and would definitely stay in Nagasaki for a couple of nights. Looks like a fantastic location.
My stay at the Hilton Fukuoka was one of the best Hilton overnights I’ve ever had!
Thanks again
Old Oct 21, 2020, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Hi
thanks very much for posting!
I stayed in the Fukuoka Hilton to visit Nagasaki and would definitely stay in Nagasaki for a couple of nights. Looks like a fantastic location.
My stay at the Hilton Fukuoka was one of the best Hilton overnights I’ve ever had!
Thanks again
You're welcome! I've never stayed at the Fukuoka Hilton, but am planning a stay this year. I understand that their Executive Lounge is still open, so I hope to give it a try.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
You're welcome! I've never stayed at the Fukuoka Hilton, but am planning a stay this year. I understand that their Executive Lounge is still open, so I hope to give it a try.
I stayed at the Fukuoka Hilton for points a couple of years ago and got upgraded to a junior suite. There is plenty to see and do in Fukuoka as well as Nagasaki, prior to taking the steam train through central Kyushu.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by tem123
I stayed at the Fukuoka Hilton for points a couple of years ago and got upgraded to a junior suite. There is plenty to see and do in Fukuoka as well as Nagasaki, prior to taking the steam train through central Kyushu.
Yes, I know, I live in Nagasaki. I hope I'll get upgraded too when I stay at the Fukuoka Hilton. How did you like their Executive Lounge? BTW, from where did you catch the steam train?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Yes, I know, I live in Nagasaki. I hope I'll get upgraded too when I stay at the Fukuoka Hilton. How did you like their Executive Lounge? BTW, from where did you catch the steam train?
I must admit I don't remember much about the lounge!
The steam train ran from Kumamoto to Hitoyoshi. We then continued on vintage railcars to Kagoshima. A great day out through beautiful scenery.

https://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/english/train/sl.html
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:06 pm

Doing 2 weeks in Japan next November and looking for any recs on Hiltons I should keep an eye out for while I plan the itinerary. Tokyo will likely be the Hyatt Regency simply bc it is so cheap on points, but right now I'm also thinking about the Conrad in Osaka or the Curio in Karuizawa as both look fairly nice. Anywhere else I should consider if my travels line up? I'm a Diamond, so looking for things like a strong breakfast, good executive lounge, nice rooms, etc. Would likely only eat at the hotel if the food was good, for example not doing a club room at the Hyatt as it seems their breakfast and evening snacks are so-so and would much rather just eat elsewhere if staying there.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 4:00 pm

You may like to check out the Hilton Odawara - easily accessible from Tokyo by local trains. Lots of nice walks nearby. The hotel also has a lounge with fairly meagre offerings.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Doing 2 weeks in Japan next November and looking for any recs on Hiltons I should keep an eye out for while I plan the itinerary. Tokyo will likely be the Hyatt Regency simply bc it is so cheap on points
By that logic, why wouldn't you also say "Osaka will likely be the Hyatt Regency simply bc it is so cheap on points"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.