Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by wantan
planing a spur of the moment trip over Chinese New Year holidays , and considering Japan. We only have a few days left to book \as it will happen next week (work + school + family + covid restrictions finally aligned). I've made sure we do not require a visa for visiting Japan.

The current thought is to fly into Tokyo NRT and plan to be in Japan for 5 days. Last we were there was 2017 @ Hilton Tokyo Odaiba. This time we will be bringing our kids (both below 5) along and was thinking :

Upon arriving Narita at 6am to take the Shinkansen (never been on one) to Kyukaruizawa Kikyo, Curio Collection by Hilton, Karuizawa. Mainly to experience the cold weather and hopefully snow. From the reviews this seems to be a quiet countryside hotel and the area looks walkable as we will not be bringing a car seat (unknown if Japan Taxis required one).

Next 3 nights @ Hilton Tokyo Bay for the benefit of the kids. Or should I split the trip into 2/2/1 nights at different hotels as our flight on the final day leaves at 0030 from Haneda.

Appreciate any inputs or tips !
On your Tokyo itinerary, are you planning on staying at Tokyo Bay for the Tokyo Disney parks? If not or if you are planning on visiting only one of the parks for a day, I would advise staying in Tokyo itself (Hilton in Shinjuku or Conrad) rather than the Hilton Tokyo Bay or making multiple hotel transitions (2/2/1 seems like a lot with 2 kids!).
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold, SW A-List
First time to Tokyo, where to stay?

My wife and I will be spending 3 days in Tokyo on our way back from Vietnam in May. Is the Conrad the best Hilton to stay? Or the Hilton Toyko? We will be doing all the normal tourist stuff and enjoy eating out at finer restaurants and perhaps find a nightclub one night. Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Del Mar 1K
My wife and I will be spending 3 days in Tokyo on our way back from Vietnam in May. Is the Conrad the best Hilton to stay? Or the Hilton Toyko? We will be doing all the normal tourist stuff and enjoy eating out at finer restaurants and perhaps find a nightclub one night. Thank you in advance.

Hi

Will post more tomorrow as it is bed time but if you can afford the conrad go for it. It is a very good hotel

The conrad prices can be High though.

The hilton in shinjuku us a very good hilton with a good lounge and close to good transport links.

There are separate threads here on each of the hotels.

Regards

Tbs
Old Mar 19, 2023, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Conrad: More luxurious hotel and the lobby feels tranquil when coming into the hotel ( the twenty eight lounge can be busy at night)3
On top of the Odedo metro line and close to Shimbashi station
Close to Ginza/Imperial Palace, easy to get to Tokyo Skytree, and the sensoki temple in asakusa
Rooms are nice ( bay view rooms have great views)
Breakfast in Cerise is very good ( service may not be as good as pre covid but still good). Lunch was goof
Lounge is very good- evening snacks more limited than pre covid ( ie more appetiser small portions in glass cups) but breakfast and afternoon tea is good
Very good turndown service
Good pool and gym ( on 29th floor- one end of the pool offers views towards Tokyo Sky tree)
Prices can be high ( for example in Mid may the Conrad is Y85 k per night ( Y47k for hilton) but points seem better value ( 95k pn for Conrad ( standard) v 75k for hilton ( premium)
Y6000 or so to Haneda ( no limosine bus in Nov 2022)
Hamarikyu garden is just across the road ( via a busy instersection ) and is beautiful
Potential for cheap suite upgrade offers at check in ( subject to availability)

Hilton
Larger hotel so lobby can be busy ( esp with the marble lounge restaurant close by)
Close to the Shinjuku night life area and shinjuku station ( 10min walk). Other metro lines close by
Close to Shinjuku Gyoen park, Tokyo metropolitan govt building ( free observation deck). shibuya ( scramble crossing) Meijijingu shrine
Rooms are good , good turndown service
Pool and gym are good
Lounge is very good for breakfast, limited afternoon snacks but better evening snacks
Limosine bus to haneda
Some rooms and some tables in the executive lounge can have nice views of Mt Fuji on a clear day
Shinjuku central park is just across the road- nice to have some green space close by
Potential for cheap suite upgrade offers at check in ( subject to availability)
A few small shops ( inc a convenience store in the basement- prices reasonable)
Regards

TBS
lkar and Cynicor like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 19, 2023 at 4:41 am
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Summer trip booked HGI Kyoto
Now I see a DT opening - no rates yet
any info on this property?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmandrew

Hi,

Some info here

DoubleTree by Hilton Kyoto Higashiyama

Looks like a couple of train stops from Kyoto JR station and just across the kamo river
Amenity list looks a little short ( ie No fitness centre)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 22, 2023, 4:07 pm

Hilton’s in Japan charge extra for a 2nd adult in the room but for diamonds the extra is waived. I see that it’s suggested, because of the way the app automatically amends the rate, to book as 1 adult and make a note saying diamond with 2nd adult for no extra charge. Is this also recommended for award nights where again the rate changes with a 2nd adult.

Last edited by garethmorgan; Mar 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 3, 2023, 6:18 am
Suspended

Hiltons in Tokyo / Osaka /Kyoto

Hello - I'm wondering if someone can offer some insight here.

I'm looking at staying in a Hilton property in Tokyo or Osaka/Kyoto during March of 2024. I know that this is a popular time because of the sakura.

However, I can find literally no availability at all, not even for one night, in any of these cities. This is for either a cash stay or a points stay. I have searched for single nights, 5 and 7 night stays (in case of some sort of minimum stay requirement)

Is it simply that they really are booked out ? It seems so unlikely nearly a year out.

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place !
Old Apr 3, 2023, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flumps
Hello - I'm wondering if someone can offer some insight here.

I'm looking at staying in a Hilton property in Tokyo or Osaka/Kyoto during March of 2024. I know that this is a popular time because of the sakura.

However, I can find literally no availability at all, not even for one night, in any of these cities. This is for either a cash stay or a points stay. I have searched for single nights, 5 and 7 night stays (in case of some sort of minimum stay requirement)

Is it simply that they really are booked out ? It seems so unlikely nearly a year out.

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place !

Hi Flumps ,

Welcome to flyertalk and the hilton forum

Japanese hilton hotels ( and other hotels also?) tend to open up for bookings closer than a year out ( maybe nine to six months) so booking a year out will show no availability ( as they have not been released yet ) but closer in they will be released. Not sure exactly when ( others may confirm) but this question often gets asked

When it comes to booking I would book a rate that could be changed so if the prices fell closer to your dates of travel you could change them.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 3, 2023 at 6:57 am
Old Apr 3, 2023, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Thank you for the welcome and reply. I'll stop panicking a bit in that case and just keep an eye out.

I haven't been to Japan since 2019 and have missed it a lot. I've seen the cherry and plum blossom several times so that isn't such a big deal for me, but March generally works well for me in terms of being able to go away.

Noted with the suggestion of the 'flexi rate' to lock something in - good idea !
Old Apr 6, 2023, 9:34 pm

Rate opening for peak times can be weird. No set dates, but recently you could book Conrad Tokyo for Jan and Feb but not Christmas/New Year. Then it opened up.
They often also open availability in blocks of a few months.
You won’t have missed your shot yet, but it’s worth checking regularly to book a refundable rate in the first instance.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 9:14 am

I have a question about a booking I have for 5 nights at Kyoto Garden Inn. I have it at 120k yen for 1 adult. And it goes up to 136k for 2 adults. If my Friend ends up coming along would I be charged the difference? Or should I just book a new room with 2 adults.
thanks
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Jetblue Plus
Originally Posted by Grubman1234
I have a question about a booking I have for 5 nights at Kyoto Garden Inn. I have it at 120k yen for 1 adult. And it goes up to 136k for 2 adults. If my Friend ends up coming along would I be charged the difference? Or should I just book a new room with 2 adults.
thanks
They will charge you extra for the 2nd person fee is better to book with 2 to start with. Asia booking typically you want to enter the total guess if not the fee I typically more the booking. In the USA I always book 2 but end up being 4 due to kids and never had any issues
Old Jul 23, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Some info here

DoubleTree by Hilton Kyoto Higashiyama

Looks like a couple of train stops from Kyoto JR station and just across the kamo river
Amenity list looks a little short ( ie No fitness centre)

Regards

TBS
I just came across this DoubleTree by Hilton Kyoto Higashiyama. This hotel will open on August 8. I am surprised about the location, 19 min. walking distance to Kiyomizu-dera temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and one of the top tourist destinations in Kyoto. This hotel is only a minute walk from Keihan Line Kiyomizu-Gojo station. The hotel has Japanese soaking public bath and a fitness center. During the foliage season it Kiyomizu-dera is a prime location for Japanese cypress foliage. Major traffic jam (usual 5 min. drive can take +30 min.) The hotel near Kiyomizu-dera is a prime location for tourists.

Also, I found out that DouibleTree by Hilton Kyoto Station will open next year. This hotel is located 5 min. walk from Kyoto Station Hachijyo entrance (south entrace) and it is a rebranding from Daiwa Royalnet Hotel Kyoto Grande which closed May this year. The press release said DouibleTree by Hilton Kyoto Station will have an executive lounge and a fitness center.

Both hotels are not bad location for tourists. Hilton will have some presence in Kyoto.
The _Banking_Scot and Cynicor like this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 5:45 pm

That’s excellent. Currently they lack a well located, or affordable hotel there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.