Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Stayed at Shinjuku Hilton the first week of April for cherry blossom a few years ago and it was great. The small park across the street from Shinjuku Hilton was very convenient. A lot of locals spending time at the park enjoying the cherry blossom. The airport bus from Haneda to Shinjuku Hilton is also quite convenient. Fairly convenient getting around Tokyo via the subway from Shinjuku Hilton. Their executive lounge is fairly decent as well
NoY and mattya9 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Stayed at Shinjuku Hilton the first week of April for cherry blossom a few years ago and it was great. The small park across the street from Shinjuku Hilton was very convenient. A lot of locals spending time at the park enjoying the cherry blossom. The airport bus from Haneda to Shinjuku Hilton is also quite convenient. Fairly convenient getting around Tokyo via the subway from Shinjuku Hilton. Their executive lounge is fairly decent as well
Is the bus provided by Hilton (like what you would get here in the states)? Or is it like a city bus or VIP type bus? One of my concerns with the Shinjuku location is the logistics of getting there and back from Haneda.

OPS
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I vote for Hilton Shinjuku. Like others have said, its close to a park, and is a pretty easy walk into Shinjuku proper. Subway lines just around the corner will take you anywhere else you want to go. Plus, its a great hotel.

Easiest way to get there would be via the Limousine Buses, which should drop you off directly at the hotel. Just check the schedule online, especially if your flight gets in late at night.
mattya9 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Yes, Hilton Shinjuku. I enjoyed it there. I walked to Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden and it was spectacular in October. I can only imagine in the Spring. There is also a really nice park right down the street from the hotel. And it was a longish walk (but easy subway ride) to the Meiji Shrine and Yoyogi Park. Both of those were so pretty in early fall and great to visit.

I found the hotel a great hotel for a large city hotel. Easy to get around and lots of great fun places to eat close to Shinjuku station. As a Hilton Gold, I was upgraded to a nicer room (supposedly) and free breakfast. I loved the breakfast, although it could get busy later in the morning.

I went to Odaiba and it was reclaimed land and very new, modern, high tech. Full of fun destinations for a family. But nothing to compare to gardens that are hundreds of years old.
mattya9 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mattya9
Is the bus provided by Hilton (like what you would get here in the states)? Or is it like a city bus or VIP type bus? One of my concerns with the Shinjuku location is the logistics of getting there and back from Haneda.

OPS
Getting there and back is easy, just use the Limousine Bus as mentioned above (this is not a Hilton shuttle). Extremely efficient, on time, etc.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/
mattya9 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:36 am

Another vote for both the Hilton Shinjuku and Limousine Bus.

No logistics required.

Also, check out the Japan forum on this site, plenty of experts there.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Getting there and back is easy, just use the Limousine Bus as mentioned above (this is not a Hilton shuttle). Extremely efficient, on time, etc.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/
When searching for the Tokyo Hilton it isn't coming up. However, Shinjuku is. Is the Shinjuku stop physically at the Hilton?

OPS

EDIT: Disregard I found it.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

If deciding to use the bus at popular times I would not leave it to the last minute to book as it can sell out ( a day or 2 in asdvcne will be fine). If the Hilton stop is sold out then you could catch the bus from the Westside of Shinjuku station as other buses leaave from there.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 5, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I would vote for Conrad Tokyo, if that's an option
(although the price, in both cash and points, can be very high)
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:50 am

Conrad is certainly the nicer hotel to be sure, but for a first-time trip to Tokyo, Hilton Shinjuku is a much better location.

Not a bad idea to buy your return limo bus ticket when you arrive, seeing that it's a short stay. IIRC, the bell desk handles the tickets.

Last time I took the bus from the Hilton to the airport, the bus originated at the Hilton, which was nice, but know that it will stop at a variety of other hotels around Shinjuku and also at the train station before heading to the airport.

Also, look at when the bus arrives at the airport and use that as your guide. While they pad the schedule quite a bit, I've also personally experienced the bus being driven very slowly in order to not be early.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:01 pm

I've stayed at both the Hilton Shinjuku and Hilton Odaiba on various trips. They are both nice hotels, however, i much prefer the Shinjuku for the location and services. The hotel can be access by multiple underground tunnels from Shinjuku station or from closer metro stations. I've also receive suite upgrades here as a diamond and execceltn executive lounge services.
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by mattya9
- Dates of stay are March 27th-30th (3 nights)
Ooh, I'll be there 27th-31st. I booked into the Hilton Odaiba because Shinjuku is asking jpy63,000 before taxes now. Interesting to know that the points rate hasn't gone up in tandem.
mattya9 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:15 am

So I was able to use my free weekend night certificate and then pay 70k points/night for my booking at the Tokyo Hilton. Based on the cash value for a nightly King room it seems like 70k/night is a good deal. Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions!

OPS
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Enjoy - it's a very solid hotel in a great location.
mattya9 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a package where you get round trip bus to/from HND + Tokyo Metro pass: https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/gu...ubwaypass.html (note that Tokyo has multiple Metro providers so this is only valid on the Tokyo Metro - it should be sufficient)

When I went, the Shinjuku Hilton was the last / first stop on the route. The bus is very good - they do all the lifting, wifi and bathroom onboard. I bought the package and then asked the hotel to book the return trip.

The underground tunnel connects you to different Metro stations. They also have a little shuttle that takes you to Shinjuku (they are in West Shinjuku).

Also check out the free observatory in the Tokyo Metro Government highrise. Windows might be dirty from people's hands but it is free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.