Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:06 pm

Conrad is an excellent hotel, I would recommend it over the Hilton. I have been upgraded to better view rooms and to a suite before, all on award stays. They renovated their lounge, and it is not as crammed as it used to be a couple of years ago. Food selection is great at the restaurant on the 28th floor and you get the full buffet for 2 people as a Diamond member. The transportation is fine, you can take the Eido line (Shiodome stop) from two levels below the hotel, and transfer to any other line.

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, United Nobody (Emirates Etihad Thai Air Hong Kong Air Scoot Nobody) HHonors Diamond
Stayed Hilton Narita and Hilton Tokyo in November, I highly recommend a night in Narita when arriving and if leaving early the next morning from NRT. My first experience at Hilton Tokyo and was upgraded to a Suite with my Diamond. The Airport Limo Bus takes you right to the Hotel 1.5-2 hours depending on time of day. I like that you can walk into the basement of the Hilton Tokyo and walk underground to either one of two Metro Stations and a very quick taxi or shuttle to Shinjuku Station. Executive Lounge at the Hilton Tokyo was superb in both service and quantity/quality of appetizers. On a clear day (usually Sunday) you get a great view of Fuji
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Narita has, at least to me, a small village feel. It's a neat experience to try at least once. And, the convenience of being close to the airport is another plus.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I would not ever stay at the Hilton-NRT for an extended visit.

However, my last time I arrived early evening and opted for a very cheap one-night point redemption at Hilton-NRT and then made my way to the Hilton-Tokyo the following morning. The ability to rest almost as soon as I arrived made this a great choice for me
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:24 am

Thank you ALL for giving me your input. I have more questions

1./ I like to know more about " Airport Limo Bus" . Is this bus can take hotel guest to both hotel ( Conrad/ Hilton) or just only HiltonTokyo .
2./ My flight out of japan depart at 9:50 am, should I get a Airport limo Bus back to Narita airport or should i stay at hotel near this airport for 1 night before my departure.
3./ Does airport bus pick up hotel guest at Hilton hotel 's front door . If so, Can I buy the bus ticket at Hilton hotel front desk in advance.
4./ Does anyone know Hilton Narita has complimentary shuttle from hotel to Narita airport and how is shuttle operating hour . I must be at the Airport check in counter around 6:50am (3 hrs before departure time).
5./ By the way, does credit card is widely acceptance in local restaurant and at small shop in Tokyo area.
6./ Can you please recommend a few good place to eat near both hotels.

Please advise

Please advise
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by vnfilm1

1./ I like to know more about " Airport Limo Bus" . Is this bus can take hotel guest to both hotel ( Conrad/ Hilton) or just only HiltonTokyo .
2./ My flight out of japan depart at 9:50 am, should I get a Airport limo Bus back to Narita airport or should i stay at hotel near this airport for 1 night before my departure.
3./ Does airport bus pick up hotel guest at Hilton hotel 's front door . If so, Can I buy the bus ticket at Hilton hotel front desk in advance.
4./ Does anyone know Hilton Narita has complimentary shuttle from hotel to Narita airport and how is shuttle operating hour . I must be at the Airport check in counter around 6:50am (3 hrs before departure time).
5./ By the way, does credit card is widely acceptance in local restaurant and at small shop in Tokyo area.
The Airport Limosine Bus can take you from NRT to both the Hilton or Conrad. Not surprisingly there is a website with lots of details about the schedule, stops, fares, etc:

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

Generally speaking the bus will pick you up at each hotel's front entrance. You can buy the tickets at the hotel. For your return to NRT, the first bus looks to leave the Hilton at 5:30 with an arrival to NRT around 7:30. At Narita, this will be plenty of time for a 9:50 flight.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please advise

Please advise
Google is your friend.

I am planning a trip to Japan too and you will be amazed on how much you can learn watching Youtube videos.

Also, for hotel, there are threads like:

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}
Hilton Tokyo {JPN}
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by username
Google is your friend.

I am planning a trip to Japan too and you will be amazed on how much you can learn watching Youtube videos.

Also, for hotel, there are threads like:

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}
Hilton Tokyo {JPN}
I spend way too much time watching travel related videos on youtube, but much of what's recommended in my feed turns out to be low-grade stuff aimed at millennial backpackers, full of 'advice' that's insultingly obvious to anyone who's traveled further than their own backyard.

One thing that seems hard to find is a decent channel on hotel reviews - I mean something more than a guy wondering around the room with a shaky iPhone before he's even unpacked his bags.
So if you have any recommendations for that I'm interested.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Personally, if flying early out of Narita I stay in Narita the night before. It saves money/points on the last night stay and saves time in the morning. The Hilton also runs a shuttle into Narita Town so you can go get a decent dinner, as there is nothing really within walking distance. I'm pretty sure if you go to the Hilton Narita web page the shuttle schedule is posted there somewhere as a PDF.

Credit card acceptance is pretty poor in Japan at local restaurants, ramen shops, and places like that. Higher end restaurants will take credit cards but be prepared to carry cash for snacks, lunch, and stuff like that.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yurtripper
I spend way too much time watching travel related videos on youtube, but much of what's recommended in my feed turns out to be low-grade stuff aimed at millennial backpackers, full of 'advice' that's insultingly obvious to anyone who's traveled further than their own backyard.

One thing that seems hard to find is a decent channel on hotel reviews - I mean something more than a guy wondering around the room with a shaky iPhone before he's even unpacked his bags.
So if you have any recommendations for that I'm interested.
I can't recommend until I get there to see who knows what he or she is talking about and who does not.

However, the "low-grade stuff aimed at millennial backpackers" might be what I am looking for - I even stay at the Hilton instead of the Conrad
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, United Nobody (Emirates Etihad Thai Air Hong Kong Air Scoot Nobody) HHonors Diamond
The circle route bus ( A and B) will take you right from the Hilton to lots of cool places in Narita town. I like to kill time at the big mall. Like the previous poster, I find it helpful to stay at the Narita Hilton the night before my flight out
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:20 am

I'm a bit late to this thread I know, but I've stayed at both (trying all the hilton properties in Japan lol)

1. Unless arriving late, I wouldn't bother with the hilton in Narita or if you really want to save money, the transit time from Narita to anything in tokyo is probably > 1 hour. It might be worth it for you on the last day since you are leaving at 9:50 am, The only change I would do is if I stayed in Shinjuku I would probably take the NEX out of shinjuku station to narita at 5:55-7:18 instead of a bus. It's a short taxi ride to shinjuku station that early in the morning, but that's a personal preference, and I haven't had a problem with 2 hours before departure at Narita before.

2. I've been upgraded as a gold in both. The conrad upgrades are kinda similarish as people have stated. The location of the hilton is better I think, simply because Shinjuku is a short walk away, and there's tons of stuff there, and it's pretty connected to everything. I'd choose the Conrad if I wanted a quiet place and didn't plan to go out much and planned to stay at the hotel alot (ie at the end of a 2 week trip or something). Surprisingly I think breakfast is better at the Hilton.

3. Credit cards are good at most larger eateries, but many of the small places are cash only.

4. I'm planning to go in september again just to eat lol, if you have specific things you want to try, let me know. but do not pass up the chance to go to the Gyukatsu Motomura if you are in Shinjuku or elsewhere, I had it 2x in April this year and really want to go back and eat more. There are too many things to eat in Shinjuku/Tokyo in general depending on what you like.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:03 am

Thank you ALL for sharing more information.
Does anyone know where is the website to look for bus route in Tokyo area . I want to use both of train / bus ( if possible)

@ MoogleMD,
This is my first time to visit Japan . If you can share some of the restaurants which you visits during your trip , please share later.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:52 pm

When you book an award room in Hilton Tokyo or Conrad Tokyo, do you pay other fee (i.e Service charge 15% , tax 8% and 200 Yen per person per night. . if someone has booked a certificate award or point stay in Japan, can you please confirm it. Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
When you book an award room in Hilton Tokyo or Conrad Tokyo, do you pay other fee (i.e Service charge 15% , tax 8% and 200 Yen per person per night. . if someone has booked a certificate award or point stay in Japan, can you please confirm it. Thanks.
No. (To the best of my recollection.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.