Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2000, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

I plan to go w/ my husband next April to
Japan for our anniversity, and we want to
stay in Tokyo area. Anyone has stayed in Hilton in Tokyo?? The Hilton in downtown area has no availability (NOW) for next March, April, and all the way thru May, 2001. And, our only other choice is Hilton Tokyo Bay near Tokyo Disneyland if we want to use HHonor pts. Is it worthwhile and close enough to stay in Hilton T Disneyland and commute to downtown, or is it worth it to pay to stay in Hilton Tokyo downtown?? The only good recommendation I had from friends is Park Haytt Tokyo so far. Since this trip is v special for us, any comment or suggestion will be great!!

Thanks,
Helen
Old Aug 3, 2000, 8:35 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
I've never stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, but it may be a little far to commute to downtown. The Hilton downtown (Shinjuku) is nice - I've stayed there maybe 7 times in the last year. The Executive lounge offers breakfast, appetizers and cocktail hour, although the food leaves a little to be desired. I usually don't have any problems upgrading to Exec with a coupon, but they can be rather full at times. Indoor pool and fitness center (email me if you want to make sure you have a fitness center free pass - $$ if you don't.)

(Sometime on my way back to Narita I would like to try out Hilton Tokyo Bay.)
Old Aug 3, 2000, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tokyo Disneyland is way out of town. It will take you at least one hour to get to/from Tokyo. I will avoid it unless you are going to TDL for one day.

Hilton Shinjuku is in downtown Shinjuku, about half an hour from downtown Tokyo. Nice hotel, but it is NOT in downtown Tokyo. I would go for Westin if you want to stay close to downtown. There is also a Holiday Inn in Ginza. The location is good, not the hotel. It depends on what you are looking for, I guess.

Park Hyatt Tokyo is also in Shinjuku. Location aside, it is probably the best hotel in Tokyo, with prices to match. The standard rooms are probably bigger than suites in average Tokyo hotels. Highly recommended, if you don't mind the price.

[This message has been edited by TerryK (edited 08-03-2000).]
Old Aug 3, 2000, 10:29 pm

Tokyo Disneyland is far from the center of Tokyo. (It's not technically in Tokyo, either.) I would not recommend a hotel near it if you want to come to downtown.

If you can come to Tokyo in early April (or end March), it will be nice with cherry blossoms everywhere.
Old Aug 4, 2000, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all your tips!! That's why I love this site and do try to check on it once a day.. so much all info for travellers like us..=)

Ok, decided not to stay at Hilton Bay afterall... The Park Hyatt price seems a bit steep, but location-wise is tempting.. i have myself narrow down to either Hilton Downtown, or Park Hyatt.. Will report how's the hotel after our stay. And, yes, hope we can catch the cherry blossom festival too.

chow
Helen
Old Aug 5, 2000, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to make it clear. The Park Hyatt Tokyo is in Shinjuku, which is in the northern fringe of Tokyo. I think the hotel is excellent, but not the location. Shinjuku is a prime commuter area, the traffic to/from downtown could be horrendour during rush hours.

Hilton Tokyo is only a few blocks away from Park Hyatt Tokyo. Neither is in downtown Tokyo. There are no Hilton or Hyatt in downtown Tokyo. Downtown hotels are mostly Japanese. Westin, Holiday Inn, Intercontinental are chain hotels with properties near downtown Tokyo.

BTW, Tokyo is a VERY big city. I consider the areas around Imperial Palace, Tokyo station, and Ginza (shopping area) as downtown.
Old Aug 5, 2000, 12:26 pm

Actually, Shinjuku is called the second 'downtown.'

Tokyo has several 'downtowns' like Ginza/Otemachi (probably the downtown) and Shinuku, Shibuya, Ikebukuro, Ueno.

They all have sizable shopping districts and offices ...
Old Aug 7, 2000, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again for clearing up for me!!

Helen
Old Mar 19, 2001, 5:32 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Looking for feedback on the following Hiltons: Hilton Tokyo(shinjuki), Osaka or Nagoya. Are any of these near the subway or train stations? I know Osaka is next to the train station. Also any must see or do's in central Japan would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2001, 11:49 pm

Hilton Tokyo: 5-8min walk from Japan Railway (JR) Shinjuku stn, or 1min walk from subway Nishi-Shinjuku stn.
Hilton Nagoya: 20-25min walk from JR Nagoya stn, or 3min walk from nearest subway stn which I can't remember its name.
Hilton Osaka: Next to JR Osaka stn, which is about 10min away by JR or subway from JR Shin-Osaka stn where bullet train stops.

I stayed all three. My feeling was that Hilton Tokyo was the best and Nagoya second. Not quite a good mood I felt at Hilton Osaka. In the Japanese BBS focused to Hilton I've read many postings saying chances are rare at Hilton Osaka to receive upgrades and/or breakfast coupons as Gold VIP members.
Old Mar 20, 2001, 8:17 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo just more than a year ago. I thought it was a nice hotel, well situated and had relatively large rooms. We paid a rate that included an incredible breakfast buffet. On it's own the buffet was outrageous - something like $35 a person, as I recall - but it had a very extensive assortment of food.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 11:08 am

Mileage Run to Tokyo

I am planning on making a mileage run to Tokoyo this weekend. Anyone have advise on what property to stay at in Tokyo, along with specials or bonuses. Will be staying on Sunday,4/22. I am a Gold member.

Thanks for your input

Ken
Old Apr 16, 2001, 3:04 pm

Search this forum with keyword "tokyo", and you'll find some related threads such as:

Recent Experience w/Hiltons in Japan?
Hilton in Tokyo area
Tokyo Hilton Stay Report
Old Oct 30, 2001, 7:56 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Hilton Tokyo hotel versus Hilton Tokyo Bay

I have not been to downtown TYO in probably 10 years - and so I need some advise.

I am considering a mileage run to NRT which will require a 2 nite stay. The Holiday Inn Narita is showing $68 per nite. Or I could attempt to use Honors Points at the Tokyo Hilton or the Bay... for a free stay.

Could anyone advise the transit time/cost from NRT to the two Hilton properties mentioned?

Should I just stay at Narita... or hoof it into town? Advise? Thanks, as always.
Old Oct 30, 2001, 9:42 am

You have (a) airport buses, (b) express trains, (c) local trains from Narita airport to central Tokyo.

Cost: (a) and (b) costs about 3,000 yen (25 USD), while (c) is about 1,000 yen (8.5 USD), if you take Keisei railway service, plus 190 yen. (You can also take JR -- Japan Railway -- service to Tokyo, Shinagawa.)

These costs are for one way. You need to double them for a round trip.

Time: I would say a little more than 1 hour for (a), with no traffice jams.

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/

(b) is about 1 hour to Tokyo Station. Frequency is not that high.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/nex/index.htm

(c) is 75 minutes to Nippori or Ueno stations, which are linked to JR East Yamanote loop railway line, which circles the central Tokyo area.

http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetud...esse/index.htm

Train rides are reliable but I would think it's too much of hassle if you have baggage. Esp. at Shinjuku Station. It's a bit complicated there. I can get lost there quite easily! (I live fairly close to it.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.