Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2004, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat,Hilton Diamond,Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier
Hilton Tokyo Vs Hilton Tokyo Bay

I am travelling to Japan to sightsee.
Which hotel is best for this the Hilton Tokyo or the Hilton Tokyo Bay?
I am guessing the Hilton Tokyo since it is close to transportartion.

Is this true?

Thanks
Old May 13, 2004, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Lightbulb

Unless you want to spend a lot of time at Tokyo Disneyland, stick with the Tokyo Hilton!
Old May 13, 2004, 11:48 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Hilton Tokyo is downtown in Shinjuku on the west side of the city. Hilton Tokyo Bay (a fine property, having stayed there) is on the southeast side of Tokyo, actually in the state of Chiba, near Tokyo Disneyland. Train ride from HTB to downtown is about 45 min or so as I remember.
Old May 14, 2004, 6:46 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
No doubt. The Tokyo Hilton is where you need to stay. Enjoy Japan!
Old May 14, 2004, 10:25 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Definitely Tokyo Hilton. Being in Shinjuku puts you in a place where there is a lot to see and do, and close to transportation which will take you fairly quickly to all those places in and around Tokyo you would probably want to see. Tokyo Bay Hilton, while a nice property, is only convenient if you plan to go the Tokyo Disneyland or the new DisneySea (which is impressive and worth a visit if you're into theme parks or Disney).
Old May 15, 2004, 7:42 am

Related to the location of the Hiltons, I will be attending a conference in Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington Hotel, which is located adjacent to the Tokyo International Exhibition Center "Tokyo Big Sight".

Does anyone have an estimation, how far is the Hilton Tokyo Bay from the "Tokyo Big Sight" and what is the best way to get there from Hilton?

Or should I rather stay in Hilton Tokyo and commute daily from there, since I probably will be going to downtown anyway for dinner and entertainment

Greetings,
Blueskies
Old May 15, 2004, 7:50 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Blueskies. I highly recommend Hilton Tokyo period. One would only stay at the Tokyo Bay Hilton if visiting the theme parks. That is it. No good food, shopping, sights or anything of real interest in that zone. So if you admit you are going to be in town possibly daily stay at the Hilton Tokyo. Also behind the Hilton is a subway stop. No need to take the shuttle to Shinjuku station. Use the subway to make your connections. That all being said I believe your meeting is on a man made island which also has a shopping complex. My wife and I took a boat ride out there and the mono rail back if this is the correct place. Excuse if not or my memory of the event is bad. It was a ok area. The Hilton Tokyo has a very very good Guest Relations desk. Concierge to us. Contact them and ask about directions and travel time. I think it would be at least the same if not more with the Tokyo Bay Hilton. Oh. And then you need to wait for a motor shuttle to take you to the subway station. At least with the Hilton Tokyo you can walk and be on your own schedule. I hate hotel shuttles in Tokyo. Clean and efficient but they only run every so often. Regards
Old May 15, 2004, 1:28 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Tokyo Big Sight

Blue Skies, Tokyo Big Sight is located at Ariake station for the hotel (or Kokusai Tenjijo station for the convention center), which is on a man-made "garbage island" just off of the "real" land. It's about a 15 minute automated-train ride (Yurikamome) from Shinbashi station. Shinbashi is about 15-20 minutes from Shinjuku station by the JR Yamanote line, where the Hilton Tokyo is.

Definitely go with the Tokyo Hilton, as the Tokyo Bay property is definitely only for Disney-goers, like the above posters mentioned. Both are excellent properties, and there are a lot of things to do and places to go in the vicinity.
Old May 15, 2004, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It all depends. If you have business in Daiba, which I believe is the island you are referring to, and are only there for a day or two and DO NOT want to deal with hours getting in and out of central Tokyo, then the Tokyo Bay property is a decent option. You can do a shared Taxi in from NRT for a bit more than 3500 Yen, and easily get back and forth from Daiba. Again, this is an option if you DO NOT want to deal with central Tokyo and just need to get back and forth around Tokyo Bay.
Old May 15, 2004, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskies
Related to the location of the Hiltons, I will be attending a conference in Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington Hotel, which is located adjacent to the Tokyo International Exhibition Center "Tokyo Big Sight". Does anyone have an estimation, how far is the Hilton Tokyo Bay from the "Tokyo Big Sight" and what is the best way to get there from Hilton? Or should I rather stay in Hilton Tokyo and commute daily from there, since I probably will be going to downtown anyway for dinner and entertainment
STAY IN SHINJUKU! IT IS WHERE I LIVE AND THE MOST HAPPENING PART OF TOKYO!!!

A lot of people, even in Tokyo, assume the Yurikamome Line is the only way to get to Odaiba, which is the man made island where the Washington Hotel and Tokyo Big Sight are located. It is NOT hours from central Tokyo, as one previous poster has mentioned.

There is a VERY convenient and speedy rail line called the 'Rinkai' line which will get you directly from Shinjuku Station to Odaiba island in as little as 24 minutes! You usually have to change once at Ozaki:

Shinjuku>Ozaki (Saikyo Line) then Ozaki>Kokusaitenjijou (Rinkai Line)

The Ariake Washington hotel is a three minute walk from Kokusaitenjijou station.

http://www.wh-rsv.com/english/tokyo_...ake/index.html

Last edited by KezzaKawasaki; May 15, 2004 at 6:36 pm
Old May 16, 2004, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally I have had to get to/fr Daiba from Shinjuku in rush hour and it HAS taken much more than an hour on several occasions. As I stated, if I do NOT have to be in central Tokyo, I avoid it. PErsonally I find Shibuya to be much more happening than Shinjuku. While Shinjuku does have a lot of action, some of it is quite unsavoury (Kabuki-Cho for example?).
Old May 17, 2004, 8:03 am

All cities of the world have unsavory. If you look for it you will find it. Tokyo and Japan are no different. The neighborhood around the Tokyo Hilton is not unsavory. In fact, it is kinda boring.
Old May 17, 2004, 1:56 pm

Programs: Many
Kabuki-cho isn't even close to the Hilton, and the physical 'barrier' of Shinjuku Station (if you are walking) is a deterrent in and of itself to some.

A walk down Center Gai will reveal a few unsavory things about Shibuya as well...
Old May 17, 2004, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes Kabuki-Cho is on the other side of the tracks, however the immediate area around the Hilton is totally non-descript and consists of boring office buildings. Hey, I stay at this property on occasion and I am not totally dissing it, I was just saying that if I do NOT have to go into central Tokyo, I don't.
Old May 18, 2004, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Kabukicho is not a bad area in itself. Many, MANY people walk there and the red-light aspect of it is inside an area next to the Shinjuku Prince Hotel, totally seperated from many department stores and businesses. And even inside the red-light, there are many shops, restuarants and venues that have nothing to do with the other businesses. Many people walk inside there. It is very safe.

As for Shibuya, you haven't seen anything yet. Both "happening" and red-light, so give me a break.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.