Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:19 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
July - August is Obon season in Japan, when Japanese people return to their "home towns" to pay respects to all those who have passed on before them. Tokyo usually observes Obon in July and the countryside in August.

Mid-July to mid-August are usually busy throughout Japan and this may be one reason why award availability is scarce.

Are your dates blacked out by the hotel?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:54 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by luxury
Are your dates blacked out by the hotel?
How can I tell?

When I first entered my city and dates the Shinjuku Hilton came up and it seemed an icon that said availability but then when i click on that I got no dates available.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Hilton Tokyo

My advice would be to try and get your Hilton status comped to Gold to match your Starwood... and then try again. I wanted to stay four nights at the Tokyo Hilton in November 2003 - no availability. But being Diamond (to your other question), the CSR immediately said they would contact the hotel and try and get me a reservation. Had a reservation within 24 hours. You may need to be Diamond to get the room -- but I think Gold would also help.

Had a similar experience to Alinlondon with room upgrade and lounge access. Nice experience. Can also tell you the hotel can handle a 7.6 earthquake off the coast of Honshu Island with ease.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alect
How can I tell?

When I first entered my city and dates the Shinjuku Hilton came up and it seemed an icon that said availability but then when i click on that I got no dates available.
When I booked my GLONP2, it gave me the same message online. I called the CSR, and they were able to book it without a problem. It might be an issue with how the website database has that loaded or something.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:08 am
LLZ

Tokyo Hilton (Shinjuku) vs. Tokyo Bay Property

Any pros/cons to either of these? Will be using an GLO-something six night stay award and was leaning towards the Tokyo Hilton because of location in Shinjuku....

Tokyo Bay is further out and seems more geared to families with children, etc...since it's an official "Tokyo Disney Resort. "

Anyhow, that would solidify my Tokyo Hilton choice, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Previous experience in Tokyo is limited to the Crowne Plaza in Ikebukuro, which was nice, and had plenty of stuff around it, close subway, shopping, restaurants, etc...so this time I figured Shinjuku for an even better location/neighborhood.

Will be spending most of the time in the city, except for bullet train excursion somewhere and probably one day (or possible overnight) trip to Mt. Fuji.

Thanks for any advice/recommendations.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
If you want to see Disney then stay at Tokyo Bay, otherwise stick with Shinjuku. Much more close to everything that you want to see.

Just getting in and out of the Tokyo Bay location is difficult if you are going via the train (JR line or metro) anywhere. To go anywhere from Tokyo Bay you first need to take the Disney tram around the park to the front gate of the park (assuming that you want to get on the train to go into the city).

Shinjuku is easier to get around I think, although you need to get to the Shinjuku train station (a short cab ride or free shuttle bus ride away) to get around town, or you can walk a ways underground within the hotel's basement to two different subway stops -- although it is walk.

Overall, I think that a pretty good location gives Shinjuku the advantage.

^
Old Jan 26, 2005, 3:09 am

hilton tokyo (shinjuku)

i can't comment on hilton tokyo bay as i haven't stayed there or seen the property, but the hilton tokyo was very nice. i stayed there on a redemption of HH points, it is good value when you consider the cost of points v. the rate for a hotel room there.

on a redemption as a hh gold, was upgraded to a queen executive level room, with lounge access. check my earlier posts, very nice property and lounge. they have a wide array of hot food and continental and traditional japanese breakfasts in the lounge. The evenings also have a selection of hot snacks and drinks. be careful about bringing friends up, they will charge about US$15-20 for the guest. if you're on your own, just make the reservation as a 2 guest stay just in case.

location is in a good area, about a 15 min walk from the main shinjuku station but they have a free shuttle outside the keio shopping centre or you can grab a cab or take one of the smaller lines to say a 5 min walk from a closer station. It will cost you about US$2 for the saving of the 10 mins but expect to wait 5 mins for the train.... is it really worth it!!

the gym is nice, but not that big for the size of the hotel. i didn't try the pool but they have an indoor pool. the charge for the tennis courts and you get free internet on the executive and business levels. they can also provide you with a free cable if your computer doesn't have a 10 base-t LAN plug but you have to return it.

easiest way when leaving back to NRT is to get the conceirge to book a bus for you which collects you from the hotel, it's quick, convient, and you also earn HH points!

i thorougly enjoyed the warm, electronic toilet seats and the wide array of nick nack tolietries... some bizarre stuff there... toning liquid, etc!
Old Jan 26, 2005, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
There is also quite a lot of discussion on these properties (including on the subject at hand of comparisons between them) on existing threads. A search using the term "Tokyo" will turn them up.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Question Room occupancy limit of 3 in Japan?

My wife and I plus two children are planning to go to Japan in April for a week. However, all the Hilton hotels I have looked at seem to have a stated maximum room occupancy of 3. Is this a legal limit? Any way to put two adults and two children in one room?

Last edited by Wexflyer; Feb 3, 2005 at 5:52 pm
Old Feb 4, 2005, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From what I understand, they are pretty strict about this at many Asian and European properties. I ran into the same problem when trying to book an award stay at the HKG Conrad next June. I was told they would only allow two adults and one child in the room. In the end, I decided not to fight it, and just booked two rooms. Since my two daughters are teenagers, they'll be fine in the other room by themselves, and Mrs. Skyman and I will have a more enjoyable stay.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 11:23 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
How old are your children? In Japan, hotels are not so strict for the number of children as other Asian countries. If your children are less than 12 or 13 years old (elementary school students), it would be no problem. If they are not, most Hilton properties in Japan will offer an extra(sofa) bed and 2 adults and 2 children would be no problem. (But Hilton Osaka does not offer)

In my case, I am staying at hotels with my wife and 2 children(4 and 1 years old) and the third will be born in this March. I have just started being annoyed when I thought of the future. Maybe 10 years later, I need to book 2 rooms for my family.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 12:27 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Thanks for the replies - the children are 11 and 8, so hopefully no problem!
Old Feb 16, 2005, 6:43 am

Programs: HH Gld, MR Plt, PC Plt, AA Plt, CO Gld, Amtrk S+
Double United Miles in Japan (plus upgrade & breakfast)

Found during a Google search...

http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/process...px?lp=UA_Japan
For stays between December 14, 2004 and March 31, 2005: On your next trip to Japan, stay at any of the following Hilton hotels and enjoy special room rates, an upgrade to the next room category (subject to availability at check-in), complimentary breakfast and double United Mileage Plus miles.
Rate or plan code required. Enjoy!
Old Feb 16, 2005, 6:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As it says:

"Book your room online with the "DBL MILES UPGRADE" rate or Request Plan Code MK"

Nice deal. Though for the Hilton Narita at ¥16,500, I'll probably use the 10k points.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
Question Where to Stay in Tokyo??

WoW - Looks like I'll be going to Tokyo in May and again in July. I've never been there and have no practical background regarding the Hilton properties. I'm a Gold and would like a property that provides me the opportunity to take advantage of the status. Also, my son will probably accompany me on one of the trips - so a location he can move about from would also be helpful.

Last edited by kwbtraveler; Apr 21, 2005 at 9:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.