Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2003, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Morrissey:
I would definitely e-mail the HHonors manager at the Tokyo Hilton prior to your arrival, and politely request an upgrade.

[email protected]
</font>
RTWSTARALLIANCE, do you have a different e-mail address I should contact? (I e-mailed you but got no reply.)

Kathy

Old Aug 22, 2003, 12:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
Originally posted by Morrissey:
I would definitely e-mail the HHonors manager at the Tokyo Hilton prior to your arrival, and politely request an upgrade.

[email protected]
</font>
RTWSTARALLIANCE, do you have a different e-mail address I should contact? (I e-mailed you but got no reply.)

Kathy

Same here, I've tried e-mailing about a few things weeks ago, still got no reply.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 1:14 am

Hi,

I had difficulty getting a non smoking room on a GLON, but there was availability in smoking. The room i got was smoking, but no hint of any ex-cigarette smoke to be smelt anywhere!
Old Aug 22, 2003, 10:36 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:

Kathy

[/B]</font>
Kathy,

Here's another to try...

TEL@03-3344-5111@FAX@03-3342-6094

E-mail:[email protected]

Also, here is the Hilton Tokyo Japanese Web Site I found it has some intesting items such as the shuttle bus schedule and the Narita limousine bus schedule as well.
Old Aug 23, 2003, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA LIFETIME GOLD, 1.7MM; HH Diamond
Kathy, I just e-mailed this info to you but saw others with the same problem so decided to just post this e-mail address.

The general manager Thomas Hoeborn's e-mail is [email protected] and he should direct someone to take care of your request. I'm surprised that Mr. Koriki the HHonors manager didn't answer. He was great when I was in contact with him last year. Of course, he may not be there now or something.

Anyway, hope this helps. If all else fails you can try [email protected].

Chrism
Old Aug 24, 2003, 4:03 am

Re: the point about charging the airport bus to your hotel folio so that you can get HHonors points - doesn't work, at least didn't for me. In December I was there and asked the hotel to charge the fare to my hotel folio - they said that they could not do that and would only accept cash, explaining that they were collecting the fare on behalf of the bus service. I told them that the Hyatt will allow you to charge (though, as a side note, you don't get Gold Passport points). Still no luck. If you/anyone has a different experience, I would love to know, as I plan to return in the near future.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 9:54 am
SJC

Programs: UA 1K2MM
I've charged the airport limousine ticket to my room just about every time I stayed at Tokyo Hilton, both paid and award stays. Paid everything with credit card upon check out. Never a problem.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Sorry that my post was ambiguous -- I actually meant I had contacted RTWSTARALLIANCE by e-mail and not received an answer!

Have not yet contacted the Tokyo Hilton, but will do so very soon.

Kathy
Old Aug 26, 2003, 11:35 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Kathy. Sorry about that. I did respond to your first e-mail a couple days ago. I just sent another one with the e-mail address you require. Request a room facing the lights of Shinjuku. The night view is wonderful. Regards
Old Aug 26, 2003, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RTWSTARALLIANCE, thanks.

I wonder why e-mail has become so unreliable. Could it be that spam filters (such as AOL's) are rejecting a lot of mail that is NOT spam?

Kathy
Old Aug 27, 2003, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I know it is a known problem with certain filters. I sent a e-mail to a associate who "never" got it. It almost cost him some $ now he has adjusted his filters to receive my e-mail. Have no idea since 99% of people have no problem getting my e-mail. See you in Tokyo along with Mike.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I contacted both hotels by e-mail. I got responses from both stating that I will be upgraded to the executive floor, though it seems there is some wiggle room in there. One e-mail says "the upgrade is always a matter of availability at the time of check-in" and the other says "we are anticipating a full house during your stay," so I suppose it's possible I won't actually get the executive floor.

But I've done what I can and I have copies of the e-mails to show to the check-in clerks if they should try to tell me that award stays don't get upgrades or some such.

Kathy
Old Sep 8, 2003, 11:28 pm

Programs: Many
Although I've gotten the wiggle room email before, its always worked out for Exec Floor at Tokyo Hilton. And the direct subway access now is fantastic.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a followup, I was indeed upgraded to the executive floor at both the Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Osaka on my GLON award stays.

I enjoyed both stays very much. A few additional (positive) comments about the Hilton Osaka here.

Kathy
Old Oct 3, 2003, 8:17 pm

great to hear your stay was good kathy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.