Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Perhaps the hotels in question haven't loaded rates and availability for that month yet.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Aug 11, 2005 at 4:36 am Reason: Misread OP
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:24 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The Japanese School year begins in April so I believe March is graduation time which may offer a partial explanation......
Old Aug 11, 2005, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Looks like both the Conrad and the Tokyo Hilton has no availabilty beyond March 2006 either.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: Everyone!
I booked rooms in Tokyo Hilton for late Feb/early March 2006 in April 2005.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by wilp888
Is something happening in Tokyo in March, 2006? I have tried every single date in the month and there are no vacancies at either the Tokyo Hilton or the Conrad Tokyo. There are rooms though at the Disneyland Tokyo Hilton.
thats's funny, usually I have trouble getting rooms at Hilton Tokyo Bay (Disneyland) and have to stay out in the Tokyo Hilton.

I would suggest you call sounds like a computer problem.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question Which property in Tokyo?

Which Hilton property should I stay in? I was looking at the Conrad and the Tokyo Hilton. I am a gold so the free breakfast is a added bonus.
I had a $3 exec. room at the Tokyo Hilton but Expedia canceled it for some strange reason. I have business in Shinjuku.
I have stayed at the Excel before and for the last 13 years the Capital Tokyu.
Any suggestions please?
Thank you,
Jon
Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:29 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku is better located for your business than Conrad Tokyo in Shiodome. Conrad Tokyo is very new and well designed, but you can save I guess about 200USD per night if you choose Hilton Tokyo.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
You're right about location near Shinjuku but the Tokyo Hilton has some dumpy rooms.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question

Originally Posted by yasuki
Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku is better located for your business than Conrad Tokyo in Shiodome. Conrad Tokyo is very new and well designed, but you can save I guess about 200USD per night if you choose Hilton Tokyo.
Yasuki san, how is the New Otani Hotel?
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:35 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
New Otani is a nice hotel. Ten years ago, the executive Japanese business men used to stay at the Imperial (Teikoku) hotel, Okura hotel and New Otani hotel. It is still going on, but the new comers such as Park Hyatt, Four Seasons Chinzanso and Westin Tokyo had come and now Grand Hyatt, Four Seasons Marunouchi, Conrad and Mandarin Oriental has come.
X Japanese top hotels have started to renovate their old rooms to be opposed to those hotels, and some rooms have just finished. (Evevn Century Hyatt Tokyo and Hilton Tokyo have started to renovate their rooms with same reason.)
I guess that New Otani has just started renovating and its rate is almost same with one of Hilton Tokyo. As a HH G member, you would have some possibilities to be up to the exe room at Hilton Tokyo. (There is no exe floor at New Otani) So I recommend Hilton Tokyo rather than New Otani for you.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
I stayed at the New Otani this past April. I was placed in the new tower but the room is kind of tired-looking anyway. The location is good as it's close to the subways, but the Hilton is close to Shinjuku. If you are a member of the Marriott Rewards, you get to earn Marriott points. I got a very good rate and I didn't need to be close to Shinjuku so it was worth it.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:10 am

Thank's folks!
I know Akasaka very well, for the past 13 years I have stayed at the Capitol Tokyu.
I have chosen the New Otani, with the $250 Expedia coupon the room cost was $210.
Hilton would have been nice for my Gold benefits
Moderator you may close this if it is off topic.
Jon
Old Dec 10, 2005, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
Tokyo Hilton Properties--Which one?

I haven't been to Tokyo for about 13 years and am going to stay with certificates. We will only be there for 3 nights and will do the "tourist" things so location doesn't really matter. We will be in Tokyo and am leaning towards the Conrad after doing a search and reading some of the reviews.

Should I even consier the other Hiltons in Tokyo?

Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
I'd leave out the Hilton Disneyland if you are trying to see a lot of tourist sites.

There are many bus tours and such that will pick you up at the Tokyo Hilton, which is convenient. Also, access to the subway is fairly convenient, and you can get to the train station from there via free hotel shuttle bus too, so there are a lot of pluses for a tourist.

I have not stayed at the Conrad yet, but look forward to it given it is new. That's probably a plus, since the Hilton is becoming a little dated -- but it is still nice.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: Everyone!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492526

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477841

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502471

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502471

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451017

many more available...........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.