Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:32 pm

It looks like this thread is a little stale but I'm hoping for some advice. I'm suffering serious paralysis by analysis. I'm (hopefully) headed to Japan next March for my first trip to Japan and to Asia. I'm stuck on where to stay for our 4 nights in Tokyo - the Shinjuku Hilton or the Conrad. I know that the Conrad is surely a step up in terms of overall experience but I don't know if the more central location of the Hilton outweighs the perks of the Conrad. We're a gay couple, early 40s, and are especially excited to enjoy Japanese food and experience some izakayas. We're far past the point in life where clubs or crazy late night bars are appealing. I know that the Conrad is much closer to Ginza. How's the food/bar scene there vs Shinjuku? I'm Honors Diamond so would get lounge access and breakfast at either location. If it helps, we're starting the trip in Osaka/Hiroshima, then 2 nights in Hakone at a ryokan, and then finishing up in Tokyo. While we want to see and experience the breadth of Japanese culture, we're also eager to return to the US relaxed and recharged. Thanks in advance for any input.
socalgecko likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AAguy1979
It looks like this thread is a little stale but I'm hoping for some advice. I'm suffering serious paralysis by analysis. I'm (hopefully) headed to Japan next March for my first trip to Japan and to Asia. I'm stuck on where to stay for our 4 nights in Tokyo - the Shinjuku Hilton or the Conrad. I know that the Conrad is surely a step up in terms of overall experience but I don't know if the more central location of the Hilton outweighs the perks of the Conrad.
I disagree with your premise right off the bat. I think the Conrad offers much better location than the Hilton in Shinjuku. Heck, I'd take the Hilton in Odaiba over the Hilton in Shinjuku.

Unless you have work in the general vicinity or find an ungodly good rate bordering on free, I can't think of a single compelling reason to choose Hilton Shinjuku over those two.
bonoman and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'd also vote wholeheartedly for the Conrad. I'd not consider the two Hilton's if I had any choice. YMMV.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

I personally quite liked the location of the hilton shinjuku with access to shinjuku goyen Park shibuya the temples etc and the nightlife and lights of night time shinjuku with the viewing towers of the tokyo metropolitan govt buildings close by. Precovid seeing all the office workers exit the underground passage ways from the station ( and generally walking in the opposite direction from you) was a sight.
conrad was very good for the beautiful nearby gardens and ginza imperial Palace ropongi ueno etc. and is a better hotel and loved it
with the redevelopment of odaiba ( some shopping centres will be closed iirc)I think the hilton there is less attractive. The price of the hilton odaiba can be cheaper and had considered it on some of my 7 previous tokyo visits but the transportation time to central tokyo and beyond put me off.

I did like the hilton tokyo bay for ease of access to disneyland and did a split stay with the hilton shinjuku
ymmv

Regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 21, 2022 at 10:20 am
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:16 am

Thanks - that's the direction I was leaning in. Ginza seems to be a good location and I see lots of good restaurants, etc. This will be the tail end of our trip to Japan and of course we want to experience the best of Tokyo. But, that said, ending the trip at a great hotel, with a great spa, and access to a lounge doesn't sound so bad. We're burning points for Club Level at Ritz Carlton Osaka on the front end of the trip so will be fun to compare and contrast!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As you mentioned ryokans in Hakone, please check out this legendary rant on the Gora Kadan to get a glimpse at what you are (potentially) getting yourself into:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25458394-post98.html
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
please any suggestions are welcome
November trip (if government allows) - got J seats into ITM, don’t arrive until 5pm - taxi
first 2 nights Conrad Osaka - Luxe Travel rate around $350 (rather than 190k points)
3 nights Hyatt Place Kyoto 54k points - not a Hyatt guy but we do have 55k - looks well located
2 nights LUX Roku - 2 AX FNC’s (save 220k) - thinking we will be exhausted so probably won’t leave the property - use $250 AX resort credit for dinners
2 nights Conrad Tokyo, again Luxe - $100 f/b, double points + I assume we would get our normal Diamond credit + lounge
a nice dinner to be had for $160; same in Osaka?
home from HND
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No objections per se, but please note that Hyatt Place Kyoto will be quite a step down from everyplace else on your itinerary.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew
please any suggestions are welcome
November trip (if government allows) - got J seats into ITM, don’t arrive until 5pm - taxi
first 2 nights Conrad Osaka - Luxe Travel rate around $350 (rather than 190k points)
3 nights Hyatt Place Kyoto 54k points - not a Hyatt guy but we do have 55k - looks well located
2 nights LUX Roku - 2 AX FNC’s (save 220k) - thinking we will be exhausted so probably won’t leave the property - use $250 AX resort credit for dinners
2 nights Conrad Tokyo, again Luxe - $100 f/b, double points + I assume we would get our normal Diamond credit + lounge
a nice dinner to be had for $160; same in Osaka?
home from HND
Those are some really good rates. Sorry for sounding dumb.. but any insight on Luxe Travel? Is that like Impresario?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
No objections per se, but please note that Hyatt Place Kyoto will be quite a step down from everyplace else on your itinerary.
we could be talked into 5 nights at the Roku (440k) - just don’t know how convenient it will be to seeing the sites
I assume it will be a lot like a modern version of the Hyatt Ventana Big Sur.
also have to figure out where to use our 2 FNC’s - only choices would be WA Amsterdam (hard to find standard rooms) or Key West (reviews have been mixed)
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:48 am

Japan second geste stay free?

I'm going to Japan and I book my hilton hotels indicating that I was alone and in the comments I indicate the second guest stays free. But since, I have a third guest who is a baby... Do you think it will work anyway?

I asked on facebook hilton community and people say I cant do that and I need to pay the difference.

I am hilton diamond members
Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Hilton is opening few new properties in Japan in next few years.

Hilton Hiroshima: opened this September
Hilton Garden Inn Kyoto: opening Nov. 16. I saw pictures of this hotel in Japanese press. This hotel looks far better than any Hilton Garden Inn I have seen in the U.S.
DoubleTree Toyama: opening Jan. 18, 2023
Hilton Miyakojima Resort: opening Summer 2023
Hilton Yokohama: opening Fall 2023
Hilton Kyoto: opening 2024
DoubleTree Osaka Castle: opening 2024
Waldorf Astoria Osaka: opening 2025
Canopy by Hilton Osaka: opening 2025
Conrad Nagoya: opening 2026
Waldorf Astoria Tokyo: opening 2026
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Nov 9, 2022 at 4:23 pm Reason: Waldorf Astoria Tokyo corrected, thanks to The_Banking_Scot
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

thanks for that.

I think there are plans for a waldorf astoria tokyo to open around 2026 in nihonbashi?

Regards

Tbs
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
planing a spur of the moment trip over Chinese New Year holidays , and considering Japan. We only have a few days left to book \as it will happen next week (work + school + family + covid restrictions finally aligned). I've made sure we do not require a visa for visiting Japan.

The current thought is to fly into Tokyo NRT and plan to be in Japan for 5 days. Last we were there was 2017 @ Hilton Tokyo Odaiba. This time we will be bringing our kids (both below 5) along and was thinking :

Upon arriving Narita at 6am to take the Shinkansen (never been on one) to Kyukaruizawa Kikyo, Curio Collection by Hilton, Karuizawa. Mainly to experience the cold weather and hopefully snow. From the reviews this seems to be a quiet countryside hotel and the area looks walkable as we will not be bringing a car seat (unknown if Japan Taxis required one).

Next 3 nights @ Hilton Tokyo Bay for the benefit of the kids. Or should I split the trip into 2/2/1 nights at different hotels as our flight on the final day leaves at 0030 from Haneda.

Appreciate any inputs or tips !
Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:19 am

HGI Kyoto award nights had been frozen beyond Aug 15, now loaded at 70k - was 48 to 66k
Hyatt Place 15/18k + eligible for Cat 1-4 cert - we have 2

tough choice now, 5th night free still makes it 56k so thinking Hyatt 2 - HGI 5 - finish last night at Roku

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.