Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:49 am

I've only stayed at Hilton Tokyo and thats where I will stay in future. Extremely well located. Wonderful staff. I'm Diamond so I get access to Executive Lounge. In addition,
if you get tired of japanese food Mcdonalds is one block away. Very good shopping at Keio Department Store. Bottom floor is grocery store. Visit the fish dept and see the incredible variety of fish and seafood that's available.
On Sat morning there is a small flea market 2 blocks away in park.

From the Hilton website-
Rail & Subway: A 2-minute walk from Nishi-Shinjuku Station on the Marunouchi Subway Line, a 3-minute walk from Tochomae Station on the Toei Oedo Subway Line and these stations are connected by underground passage to the hotel with easy access to Otemachi, Ginza, Akasaka, Roppongi etc. A 10-miniute walk from Shinjuku Station, Japanfs busiest train station, where you can easily access most major areas of Tokyo. The complimentary shuttle bus leaves for the hotel regularly between 08:00 to 21:30 from Shinjuku Station (West Exit), Bus Stop #21 in front of Keio Department Store.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
NRT makes a nice place to spend your first night, since most flights arrive in the early evening and it's a steal at 10K points.

The Hilton Odawara, while not in Tokyo (it's about 45 miles out), gets many rave reviews in this forum.

Hilton Tokyo is your only other choice, unless you plan to visit Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay).
Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
Well looks like Hilton Tokyo it is. Any idea if I'll get upgraded as a Gold?
Old Apr 21, 2005, 2:07 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by kwbtraveler
Well looks like Hilton Tokyo it is. Any idea if I'll get upgraded as a Gold?
Just completed a 6 night award stay at the Tokyo Hilton.As a gold I was upgraded to the Executive floor and had lounge access. It is a great hotel with a professional staff.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 3:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Do I recollect correctly there's a Conrad Tokyo coming this year? That would be another option.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond.
I am keen to try the new Conrad. in 2001 I spent 90s night in the hilton Tokyo Bay, which is great if you are working at or visiting Disneyland, but it is a long of a train trip into town for most other purposes.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM; SPG (Au); HH (Ag)
Hilton Tokyo is your only other choice, unless you plan to visit Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay).[/QUOTE]

Ahh, but the Hilton Tokyo Bay can provide you quite the surreal (in a funky/pleasant/enjoyable way) experience. There's nothing like experiencing a new culture with a big slice of Anaheim right across the street. I've stayed at the TBH a couple times on business (our associates are located in Chiba Prefecture). It's well-appointed, has an excellent gym facility, and a wide range of excellent (if pricy) restaurants. You're about 30 minutes from Tokyo station by train (and you can take the Y200 disney monorail to the Maihama station).

The staff is professional and extremely friendly -- undoubtedly from catering to the multitudes of families there. There's something wonderfully wholesome about a group of kids all sporting their Buzz Lightyear ray guns.

So, if you're into something a little outlandish. . . . .
Old Apr 22, 2005, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
I was hoping for the upgrade and lounge access. This is great.

I might also need to take a visit to the Tokyo Bay Hilton. Perhaps take in Disneyland - oh life is good.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
More Conrad Tokyo information

Yep, the Conrad Tokyo is coming. Open date is given as July 1, 2005. In part, the page says

"The Conrad Tokyo is a luxurious 290-room property located in the heart of Tokyo's Shiodome precinct. The hotel will be one of the most prestigious and visible locations in Asia's most strategic city.

The future Conrad Tokyo will be located in the top ten floors of a 37-storey, multi-purpose tower and will offer stunning views over Hamarikyu Gardens, Rainbow Bridge and the Shiodome precinct. Catering to both the corporate and leisure market, it will feature 172 Deluxe rooms and 50 Executive rooms boasting an impressive minimum room size of 48 square metres, three-metre-high ceilings and full ceiling-to-floor front windows. In addition, the hotel will have 68 Superior Suites. It is scheduled to open in spring 2005."

and

"Shiodome is an inner city office, retail and entertainment development project located midway between Ginza, the world's most expensive real estate, and Tokyo's famous Hamarikyu Gardens. The precinct has excellent infrastructure including subway and train links, direct expressway access to Rainbow Bridge and easy connections to Haneda and Narita Airports.

Given its immediate vicinity to Ginza, the Tsukiji fish market and the serenely spectacular Hamarikyu Gardens, Shiodome is rapidly establishing itself as a prime tourist destination within Tokyo."

More can be read on JapanToday's pages, which says in part:

"On July 1, the 290-room Conrad Tokyo will open on the top 10 floors of the 37-story Tokyo Shiodome Building. German Jan Monkedieck will be there as general manager of the city's newest 5-star hotel."

No, don't even ask how I would pronounce the GM's last name! Maybe he will get corrective surgery with the new salary...

I even know how it came about; according to the JapanToday article:

"Having been in the hotel industry for 18 years, you must have seen some weird things.

Yes, I looked after Michael Jackson and his chimpanzee, and had to encourage one pop group not to do sit-ups in the lobby. Celebrities are interesting, but being rich doesn't mean they are sophisticated in their behavior."

My apologies, it is crude beyond redemption. Da debyl made me do it.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 22, 2005 at 10:25 am
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo as a Gold three years ago on an award stay during the 2002 FIFA World Cup. I didn't get upgraded since the executive floor was occupied by the whole Saudi Arabian football team! but when I checked in they apologised for this and gave me free breakfast vouchers.

The hotel is excellent and I would recommend trying out the Japanase style steam bath and sauna.

Just a warning about Shinjuku station, it is MASSIVE!.. We arrived by train from Narita and it took us about twenty minutes to find the line which runs to Nishi Shinjuku. However once you have got your bearings it is only a 10 minute walk back to the station.

Opposite the Hilton is the Hyatt where Lost in Translation was filmed and if you look closely in the movie you can see the Hilton's rooftop tennis courts out of the window in some of the scenes. Also from the hotel it is around a 2 or 3 minute walk to the Tokyo Government building (just past the Hyatt) which you can go up and get a great view of the city (I think it is also free to get up there).
Old Apr 24, 2005, 1:10 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I am currently at the Tokyo Hilton and it has been a while since I was here but treatment has been great so far. I have always been given Exec Floor as a Gold and Diamond and the lounge gets a little busy but havent seen it so full that you couldnt get in and the service in the lounge is really good. One thing I got this time that I dont remember ever getting before was a few coupons for discounts on hotel restaurants and a free drink coupon. Too bad you arent here over the last couple of days as the weather has been great!
Old Apr 24, 2005, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
There are also 49 (literally!) other threads on this (Hilton HHonors) forum with "Tokyo" in the title. They are easy to find now that the Search function has been reinstated. (This is one of the most-discussed cities on this forum, almost in the same league as NYC and London in that regard.)
Old Aug 10, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Tokyo Hilton and Conrad - No Vacancy in March, 2006

Is something happening in Tokyo in March, 2006? I have tried every single date in the month and there are no vacancies at either the Tokyo Hilton or the Conrad Tokyo. There are rooms though at the Disneyland Tokyo Hilton.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888
Is something happening in Tokyo in March, 2006? I have tried every single date in the month and there are no vacancies at either the Tokyo Hilton or the Conrad Tokyo. There are rooms though at the Disneyland Tokyo Hilton.
you might want to send an e-mail to either/both properties as they may have not loaded dates into the system yet.

Tokyo (Shinjuku):

[email protected]

Conrad Tokyo:

[email protected]
Old Aug 10, 2005, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by gvaughn
you might want to send an e-mail to either/both properties as they may have not loaded dates into the system yet.

Tokyo (Shinjuku):

[email protected]

Conrad Tokyo:

[email protected]
Good idea. I'll try that. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.