Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2005, 2:26 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by LAChargers
I haven't been to Tokyo for about 13 years and am going to stay with certificates. We will only be there for 3 nights and will do the "tourist" things so location doesn't really matter. We will be in Tokyo and am leaning towards the Conrad after doing a search and reading some of the reviews.

Should I even consier the other Hiltons in Tokyo?

Thanks.
I had a great award stay at the Tokyo Hilton this year . As a gold I was upgraded to the executive floor and had lounge access.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 2:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hilton Tokyo is my recommendation

I'll second 360guy - we had a very nice stay this year, and the location is pretty unbeatable. Shinjuku station includes Narita Express and direct or nearby access to many public and private railway trains and subways (you can actually access most of them via underground malls from the hotel.) This allows you to take in local sights (e.g. Asakusa) and day trips (Kamakura, etc.) with minimal hassle.

We had very nice treatment (check in in the Executive Lounge is best) as well as decent accommodations, lounge access. The lounge concierge staff is very hepful. Some folks have typefied the property as "dated" but IMO that does not mean it is dingy, dirty or a poor property at all.

(If it's a week / workday, avoid using the rail system before 09:00 unless you enjoy scenes of sardine-packed commuters and hordes of workers flowing up every stair / escalator. I also recommend a decent RR / subway map.)
Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:24 pm

My wife and I have stayed twice at the Hilton Tokyo on GLON/GLONP2 certs (first was before they changed their whole rewards structure). My first reward stay I was a silver, and my second I was a gold. Neither time did I try to book online (likely not yet available yet), and I had no trouble either time. It's definitely not restricted to "Diamonds Only" as a reward stay.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Tokyo hotels

Please help me!

I will be in Tokyo in early April for 2 days. Which hotels would you recommend I stay at? I've never been to Tokyo.

As a Gold HHonors member with 65000 points, and the Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Tokyo Bay both 40000 points, I can not get both nights on an award. (The Conrad Tokyo is not available for an award those days, but is available for pay.) Which night should I use as an award, and which should I pay? (I'll be there on a Thursday and Friday.)

How easy is it to get to these hotels from NRT, and from other points around Tokyo?

Are there any other recommended hotels that are (fairly) inexpensive but good (3* or above)?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
OK. I will be the search engine...

The Tokyo Hilton is located in the business district of Shinjuku in the west of Tokyo. I can easily be reached from NRT with the Narita Express train. The transfer is ca. 5 mins from Shinjuku train station by taxi. During the daytime, the Tokyo Hilton provides a complementary shuttle service from one of the bus stops.

The hotel is very nice. If you are lucky and (a.) have a room on a high floor (b.) facing the right direction and (c.) the weather is nice, you will have a nice view of mount Fuji !

The hotel is close to two subway stations.
Close to the Hilton Tokyo you will find the Century Hyatt, the Keio Plaza and a little bit farther the Park Hyatt (THE place to stay in Tokyo!)

In the Akasaka area (more central) I can recommend the New Otani hotel (tower rooms). The rates are about (+/-) YEN 28.000 per night.

The Tokyo bay Hilton: Don't know, have never stayed. Certainly not close to the centre of Tokyo !! The closest one to the airport is of course the Hilton Narita airport

Last edited by Rambuster; Feb 8, 2006 at 4:16 pm
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I have recently stayed at the Tokyo Hilton on an extremely last-minute points award (40k).. the experience was just fine. Location is in a business/govt area .. and there is a hotel shuttle bus that runs between the hotel and JR Shinjuku station - bus stop #21 in front of the Keio dept store.

As a HH Gold, was told that the exec floor was full (not sure if I'll ever believe it when I hear that) but was given a room on the business floor.. the room size was average, which probably translates into decent for Tokyo rooms.. and there's a dinky business lounge with coffee/water.

Also received breakfast coupons for the buffet - again, okay but nothing spectacular. Free is free, right?

Request for a late checkout was honored.. and the front desk spoke good English.
If you need a late-night snack, there's an am.pm store about 5 minutes away.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:16 pm

I'd recommend the Tokyo Hilton for both nights.

-First, you don't want to have to lug your bags after one day to another hotel (unless it was right next door or something - and then you might still not want to).

-Second, I wouldn't pay for the Conrad Tokyo unless you got some really great deal since it's pretty expensive and typically 2-3 times more expensive than Hilton Tokyo (then again I wouldn't stay there at all based on my last experience - definitely didn't live up to the Conrad name for me...though, to be fair, there are some on this board who have had positive experiences).
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:56 pm

We like the Hilton Tokyo - friendly service, great location (near huge Shinjuku station, accessible via hotel van from bus stop #21 in front of Keio Department Store 8:00 AM to 9:30 PM, taxi or walking the underground corridoes and malls.) Subways (Marunouchi Line from Nishi-Shinjuku Station and Toei Oedo Line from Tochomae Station) are accesisble via the underground malls and halls, and leat to exciting Roppongi, Ginza, Asakusa, etc.

Trains from Shinjuku can be taken to most Kanto area sites, such as the Great Daibutsu and temples near Kamakura, as well as previously mentioned, the Narita Express to NRT. (NEX may be pricey, but it is the only train with room for bags... the secret is: Japanese travellers typically ship their luggage, and the economy of scale makes this efficient and reasonably priced - we do it too, as the hotel is always willing to help.)
Old Feb 9, 2006, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
... the secret is: Japanese travellers typically ship their luggage...

You learn something new on this forum every day. I have been travelling to Japan for years now and finally I understand this luggage thing !
Old Feb 9, 2006, 5:24 pm

No award stays at Tokyo or Narita Hiltons

Just looked at the hilton web site and there are no award stay nights available for the Tokyo and Narita Hiltons. I searched for October and when I found none, got curious and looked at each month all the way back to March.....none, nada, not one available night. Is this typical or am I doing something wrong?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 5:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Just found one on first attempt, Jul 28-31, King room for Hilton Tokyo.

Edited to add: Oct 13-16, Tokyo Hilton again, King room.

Do you have any status? I don't know if that makes a difference.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Feb 9, 2006 at 5:44 pm
Old Feb 9, 2006, 5:46 pm

Yeah I'm Gold. Tried again and it worked. Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:19 pm

REC1111, if you are going to be in the Kanto in October, if you can do a day trip to Nikko you might see some of the most spectacular Autumn colors you have ver seen.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
REC1111, if you are going to be in the Kanto in October, if you can do a day trip to Nikko you might see some of the most spectacular Autumn colors you have ver seen.
I agree. Nikko can be a good day-trip from Tokyo. Make sure to get a JR Rail Pass!!!
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:21 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
I second the "New Otani". Classy and very much appreciated by Tokyo residents themselves. I stay there in most of my visits to Tokyo and I have never regretted it. I would also take a look at the "Imperial Hotel". A Tokyo "classic" as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.