Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2001, 9:44 am

I had in mind Tokyo Hilton in Shinjuku. I would stay there rather than going for a hotel in Narita or the Tokyo Bay property, if I have two days. Lots of things in Shinjuku and convenient.
Old Oct 30, 2001, 10:25 am

My family and I are going to the Tokyo Bay Hilton in the spring. What would you recommend as a reasonable way to get there from Narita?

Arigato!
Old Oct 30, 2001, 3:17 pm
askworldtraveler

My wife and I are going on Thurday and booked a promotional rate at Tokyo Hilton in Shinjuku. King on the Exec floor, N/S, with Breakfast - about $240.00 a night. Excellent for Tokyo. We usually take the train, but may try the bus if only for the reason, it goes direct to the hotel. If you like I would be glad to let you know how it all went. (we are going thursday - home Monday)....business

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++

Old Oct 30, 2001, 4:53 pm

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
I'll also be interested to hear how it goes. I'm going to be at the Shinjuku Hilton on that rate deal later in November.
Old Oct 30, 2001, 6:06 pm

To the Tokyo Bay Hilton from Narita...

Buses: http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/e/time...x_n/tdr_h.html

(Very low frequency)

You could also take Narita Express to Tokyo (less than a hour trip) and then change to JR Keiyo Line to Maihama Station (Disneyland station!) and then a bus/taxi for a short ride to the hotel. Tokyo Station is also big. Narita Express arrives at the bottom of basement floor 5. Not sure which floor the Keiyo line leaves from.
Old Oct 30, 2001, 9:38 pm

JR Tokyo Station is indeed a big one.

Narita Express arrives in the JR Sobu Line at floor B5, which is at about the farthest from the center of the station.
JR Keiyo Line which will bring you from Tokyo Stn to Maihama Stn is at the floor B4 of the other farthest place of the station.
It is about a half mile walk to transfer between JR Sobu Line and JR Keiyo Line at Tokyo Stn -- no joke here!
Old Oct 30, 2001, 9:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: UAL, Hyatt, Hilton, Shangri-La
By all means, keep in mind that the Tokyo Bay is a "Disneyland" hotel. This is fine if you are really, really, REALLY into Disney as Japan and the Japanese tend sugar-coat this even more than in the US!
Old Oct 31, 2001, 6:57 am

We did a family mileage run to NRT in May. Did 3 nights at a DIFFERENT Tokyo Bay hotel. As big Disney freaks, TDL was as important as sightseeing downtown; and we had a blast! Took airport bus to hotel, very easy, quick and efficient, plus we were on the bus less than 20 minutes after arrival (great timing). The below site has MANY links for all the Tokyo Bay area, including hotel maps, bus schedules, etc.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...lish/navi.html

Accessibility to downtown was easy also, on the subway, though I am still laughing about trying to find the right trains. Have fun!
Old Oct 31, 2001, 10:26 am

I might add DisneySea just opened in Sept. adjacent to DisneyLand .... so if you guys or your family really like Disney ... that Hilton may be a good choice.
Old Nov 1, 2001, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Well, having read this column I have a few questions: I have never been to Tokyo before and am mainly trying to get a good neighborhood above all else such as affinity programs, though I am gold with both Hilton & Starwood for the record.

I have pretty much ruled out the Disneyland area, I am not interested in that. And the Sheraton Grand Bay is sold out my dates anyway, but I am ruling out the HIlton Tokyo Bay.

So I have these choices:

Century Hyatt, regency club, 24,000 yen per night

Westin, 28,000 yen per night with possible executive floor upgrade with gold

Hilton, 35,000 yen per night with possible upgrade and free breakfast for gold

The neighborhood the Hilton is in, which I think is the same neighborhood as the Century Hyatt?? looked pretty cool. We are young, lively folks looking for a good nieghborhood with lots of nightlife & things to do like that. Perhaps in this case the Century Hyatt is my best bet for guaranteed exec level for 24,000 yen? Thoughts? Thanks so much.
Old Nov 1, 2001, 2:42 pm

Take the train to NishiShinjuku instead which has a stop in the lower level of the Tokyo Hilton - baggage is no problem inthis case !

Also, if you take the Airport Limousine Bus, the Hyatt is just across the street from the Tokyo Hilton in case the Tokyo Hilton isn't listed at the airport.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chiangi:
I had in mind Tokyo Hilton in Shinjuku. I would stay there rather than going for a hotel in Narita or the Tokyo Bay property, if I have two days. Lots of things in Shinjuku and convenient.</font>

[This message has been edited by markr33 (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old Nov 1, 2001, 7:50 pm

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
thesilb
If you going before the end of the year there is a special at the Hilton for Y26000.
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/s...tyhocn=TYOHITW

markr33
Are you talking about the Marunouchi subway train train that stops under the Hilton in Nishi Shinjuku?

[This message has been edited by QuantumLeap (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old Nov 1, 2001, 8:20 pm

Programs: Many
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thesilb:
The neighborhood the Hilton is in, which I think is the same neighborhood as the Century Hyatt?? looked pretty cool. We are young, lively folks looking for a good nieghborhood with lots of nightlife & things to do like that.</font>
If it were me, I'd be trying to use a discount coupon at the Park Hyatt. Having said that, the Hilton and Century Hyatt and Park Hyatt are on the "quieter" west side of Shinjuku. The nightlife you may have read about is on the east side of Shinjuku station. The station is about a 10-15 minute walk from either hotel, then another 5 minutes to get thru the station (say hello to the "box people" if you see any, you'll know them when you see them)
Once on the east side you are in the thick of things. Head another few minutes generally further east, and you'll be in roaring Kabuki-cho. Not BKK I suppose, but a few things that will open your eyes.
Old Nov 1, 2001, 8:53 pm
In Memoriam

thesib,
I saw your posting on the Hyatt board but I deceided to post on this one instead. Shinjuku will be a great area for you to stay in. I visited Tokyo for the first time 2 months ago. I stayed on a NAN award at the Park Hyatt but I did stop in at the Century and it should be fine. Go for the RC room and you should be happy. Service in Asian hotels is fantastic. I would however, strongly suggest if this is your first time in Tokyo to take the airport Limo Bus to the hotel. The limited express train would be faster but Shinjuku is the most confusting place I have ever been before. You can always take the train back on the return portion if you feel more comfortable after learning the area. I have been to Europe more than 10 times and every major city in the US and I can safely tell you that Tokyo transportation is quite a challenge. The first time I took a subway, I just starred at the map for about 15 minutes. It does get easier after a few tries. Most of the machines do have English translations and you can always just buy the cheapest ticket and put your ticket in the fare difference machine at your destination if you can't figure out the correct fare. Also, it's very confusing since there are I think 3 different companies that run the subways in Tokyo. Still, it a great place to visit. Make sure you organize a FT get-together. The Tokyo FTers are wonderul people who will be happy to have dinner and give you a tour.
Old Nov 2, 2001, 6:53 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Take the train to NishiShinjuku instead which has a stop in the lower level of the Tokyo Hilton - baggage is no problem inthis case !</font>
The NishiShinjuku stop is NOT in the lower level of the Tokyo Hilton-Shinjuku.
the NishiShinjuku stop on the Marunouchi Line is 1 block north of the Hilton property. Just FYI.

On our first visit to Tokyo, we found getting to the Shinjuku station and then taking a cab to the hotel to be the easiest. Finding the free Hilton Shuttle (runs very frequently) to the hotel, IMO is not the easiest in the Huge Shinjuku station (on your first try). After the shuttle drops you off at Shinjuku station , it is very easy to figure out where to enter/exit the station.

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited 11-02-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.