Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 10:40 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
In my experience, the Conrad releases inventory in six-month increments. Keep checking back and closer in you'll see redemption available through the end of August. Getting a standard room (95k points) will be a little trickier, as they tend to start with Bay Rooms and other options, with the standard rooms being added to inventory later in the process.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond
The Conrad availability stopping in February was the first thing that got my attention. Not sure why there is no availability after Feb.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffers
The Conrad availability stopping in February was the first thing that got my attention. Not sure why there is no availability after Feb.
There is no availability at Niseko for ski season either. (December onwards)

Nothing to be concerned about - that's just how Japan works...
Old May 14, 2019, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
In my experience, the Conrad releases inventory in six-month increments. Keep checking back and closer in you'll see redemption available through the end of August. Getting a standard room (95k points) will be a little trickier, as they tend to start with Bay Rooms and other options, with the standard rooms being added to inventory later in the process.
Thanks! Will keep an eye on it and hope they release a bunch of availability at once.

Then it's the fun of finding flights on points
Old May 14, 2019, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
You might actually have an easier time with the flights than the hotels. I've had friends use miles to get to the Olympics in the past, sometimes by flying to a city a 2-3 hour train ride from the actual destination. Japan should have some similar options if you can get directly into Tokyo, and of course they have excellent trains.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
You might actually have an easier time with the flights than the hotels. I've had friends use miles to get to the Olympics in the past, sometimes by flying to a city a 2-3 hour train ride from the actual destination. Japan should have some similar options if you can get directly into Tokyo, and of course they have excellent trains.
Yes that's a good point. We are pretty flexible. Flying even into Osaka wouldn't be that much of an issue.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jeffers
Cherry blossoms in March-April. Paid stays were charging about $1000 a night.
Conrad availability opened up for a few days for our trip this year, and closed up until a month before our trip.
We ended up staying at the Hilton with points and were pleased with the location, room, and Diamond amenities.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by pokeable
Cherry blossoms in March-April. Paid stays were charging about $1000 a night.
Conrad availability opened up for a few days for our trip this year, and closed up until a month before our trip.
We ended up staying at the Hilton with points and were pleased with the location, room, and Diamond amenities.
Same here. we stayed at Hilton Tokyo during the peak cherry season and overall experience was very good.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Tokyo Hilton was the nicest Hilton we have stayed internationally

View from Tokyo Hilton Executive Floor - Mt. Fuji!

Great service from Executive Level concierge and room was beautiful. Quiet, spacious and really enjoyable visit.
dagangwood likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:30 pm

View from Osaka Hilton Room

Osaka was a really enjoyable city.
Osaka was a great city. Executive Level Room was perfect and concierge desk was phenomenal.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I know the following has been asked way too many times already, but I'm still very undecided and would really appreciate your help.
I will take my brother on a Japan trip in mid August and we will be staying in Tokyo for the first 3 nights.
Neither of us has been to Japan before so we're both very excited.

We will be arriving at NRT in the morning (around 9:30am) and we both have the JR pass.
So the plan is to take the Narita Express into the city and stick to the JR operated lines where possible.
At the moment I have a (semi-flexible) reservation at the Hilton Tokyo (Shinjuku) for a basic Twin Hilton room (cost being ca. 900 USD).
I am HH Gold so breakfast would be included, however, an upgrade seems unlikely to me rn as most categories of Twin rooms are no longer available.

While browsing AmEx Travel I saw that I could get a Twin room (City view) at the Conrad for an additional 350 USD.
That would be through FHR so it comes with an upgrade based on availability, breakfast, free wifi, late checkout, and 125 USD in property credit.
At the Conrad most room categories (Twin with bay view, and the executive floor twin rooms with city and bay view respectively) can still be booked it seems.
The credit would probably go towards the bar or the Cerise I think.

Location wise the Hilton definitely seems to be the better property.
But on the pictures the rooms at the Conrad definitely are a lot nicer.
I'm having a really hard time making a decision :/
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:06 pm

Hilton was really a super property

We really enjoyed our visit to Tokyo Hilton. We had a king room overlooking city and the service was impeccable. Best shower pressure in the entire world. The subway entrance is right across the street. Honestly, we were so tired from our touring, that looking out at the view was the last thing on our list although it was very nice. I would stay there again. The airport bus is kind of a hike but drops your right at entrance. There is a building across the street that has a free view from the top. Maybe Government building. If you go in the morning, it's not crowded but it's very nice and great place to buy souvenirs. Starbucks is also across the street and 7-11 is a good place to get cash. Have fun. Totally worth going. If you get to executive club room, you can view Mt. Fuji.
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
I know the following has been asked way too many times already, but I'm still very undecided and would really appreciate your help.
I will take my brother on a Japan trip in mid August and we will be staying in Tokyo for the first 3 nights.
Neither of us has been to Japan before so we're both very excited.

We will be arriving at NRT in the morning (around 9:30am) and we both have the JR pass.
So the plan is to take the Narita Express into the city and stick to the JR operated lines where possible.
At the moment I have a (semi-flexible) reservation at the Hilton Tokyo (Shinjuku) for a basic Twin Hilton room (cost being ca. 900 USD).
I am HH Gold so breakfast would be included, however, an upgrade seems unlikely to me rn as most categories of Twin rooms are no longer available.

While browsing AmEx Travel I saw that I could get a Twin room (City view) at the Conrad for an additional 350 USD.
That would be through FHR so it comes with an upgrade based on availability, breakfast, free wifi, late checkout, and 125 USD in property credit.
At the Conrad most room categories (Twin with bay view, and the executive floor twin rooms with city and bay view respectively) can still be booked it seems.
The credit would probably go towards the bar or the Cerise I think.

Location wise the Hilton definitely seems to be the better property.
But on the pictures the rooms at the Conrad definitely are a lot nicer.
I'm having a really hard time making a decision :/
My wife and I stayed at the Tokyo Hilton for 10 days last September for our anniversary and would go back in a heartbeat. My biggest complaint was the selection of English language television to unwind to was limited (fixed using the YouTube app on an iPad and the Lightning-to-HDMI adaptor to connect to the TV ) but the service was impeccable -- easily the best we've had worldwide with Hilton (the Rome Waldorf Astoria being a close 2nd and I'm not even sure where the distant 3rd would be). We had booked a standard room of some kind and were upgraded to a Junior Suite with a ton of room and a great view. Room was clean and well maintained...and we were usually so exhausted by the time we got back I don't remember much else.

Subway is close but can be a bit of a hike if you do the tunnels. Government building a couple blocks away has free observation deck. Plenty of food nearby including Western options if you need a break from the unusual.

On one hand I regret not giving the Conrad a whirl but since I've heard great things about it, but I was not disappointed by my choice at all.

On the other hand the Hilton NRT was a massive disappointment (hot room with a strange smell, old bathroom, worn furnishings) despite its airport convenience... if I were doing it again, I'd spend an extra night at the Tokyo Hilton even if it meant waking up super early for our flight home.
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Been at both the Shinjuku Hilton and the Conrad recently.

I think in this situation, Hilton would be better. N'EX will drop you off at Shinjuku station, you can either transfer to subway (not easy) or just cab it to the Hilton (recommended).

Then - you're in the heart of Tokyo, right in Shinjuku. You can walk all of Shinjuku, and it's only 4-5 minutes away. With the Conrad, it's 25-35 minutes each way to Shinjuku.

Plus, easy access to the Yamanote (circle) line train. Shibuya is just 5-6 minutes away.

Don't get me wrong, Conrad is great. But there's little to do right outside the front door. Yes, Ginza is close, but it's not Shinjuku.

I don't follow your room rates - they seem somewhat high.

Also, breakfast at the Shinjuku Hilton is very nice, either in the EL or on the ground floor.
mphall and Chiller3333 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by smithrh
I don't follow your room rates - they seem somewhat high.
The usd900 he mentioned does seem high. Maybe it's usd900 for 3 nights?

Having said that, hilton base rooms do get priced all the way up to upwards of 60k jpy (so ... 75k+ after taxes) during super peak seasons.
Chiller3333 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.