Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
Thanks for all the great replies.
- not too many comments on the Conrad. We stayed at Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris a few months ago and it while it was nice, it wasnt to our liking with kids. I am thinking the Conrad might be similiar. So probably wont consider Conrad.
-Because of the AXON/5th night free Hilton awards, we will probably just stay at one place. Which kind of rules out Hilton Tokyo Bay,
-Since we have the points, we would also rather just book 2 connecting rooms. We dont get a lot of sleep with 4 people sharing 2 double beds after a time change and long travel for 5 nights.
-So still a tossup between Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Odiaba. Is there Uber/Taxis to get from Hilton Tokyo to Disney, Or will that take 2 hours? Via trains/metros, how long will it take to get form Hilton Tokyo to Disney? Does one have better diamond benefits than the others?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by truprunbike
Thanks for all the great replies.
- not too many comments on the Conrad. We stayed at Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris a few months ago and it while it was nice, it wasnt to our liking with kids. I am thinking the Conrad might be similiar. So probably wont consider Conrad.
-Because of the AXON/5th night free Hilton awards, we will probably just stay at one place. Which kind of rules out Hilton Tokyo Bay,
-Since we have the points, we would also rather just book 2 connecting rooms. We dont get a lot of sleep with 4 people sharing 2 double beds after a time change and long travel for 5 nights.
-So still a tossup between Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Odiaba. Is there Uber/Taxis to get from Hilton Tokyo to Disney, Or will that take 2 hours? Via trains/metros, how long will it take to get form Hilton Tokyo to Disney? Does one have better diamond benefits than the others?
Uber X is not available in Tokyo, can is expensive. Taxi/uber black plus tolls will set you back at least $100 each way and 1 hour +.
Why do that 4 times if you only need to do it once. Train is also about an hour each way.

Shinjuku does have a really nice breakfast spread, but you are in Tokyo why eat hotel breakfast when there are so much good stuff at 7-11!

Tokyo bay does have 4 person room (king plus two bunk beds) 66k a night. Sheraton next door has 4 single bed rooms. Not sure if Hilton does or not.

As a diamond myself at both Hilton and Hyatt I really don't care which hotel has the marginally better diamond benefits. I care more about the location.

If you want more Disney/transit info, Google Disney forum "mice chat", a lot of good info there.

Last edited by teddy25; Sep 9, 2016 at 4:09 pm
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Shinjuku to Disney is a pain, so I really wouldn't recommend Hilton Tokyo. If you were to do it, probably Chuo Line to Tokyo Station, and then a looong walk to transfer to train to Maihama.

Hilton Odaiba would be about a half hour or so, either via shuttle bus (Hilton Odaiba is an official Good Neighbor hotel, so I think you can even buy park tickets from the hotel itself) or by train from Tokyo Teleport station (via transfer in Shin Kiba)
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by teddy25
Shinjuku does have a really nice breakfast spread, but you are in Tokyo why eat hotel breakfast when there are so much good stuff at 7-11!
Best thing I've read on the internet all day!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teddy25

Yes! 7/11 and Lawson is hard to beat^
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: HH D
Your favorite Hilton in Japan

I'm going to visit Japan in Marth. I'm Diamond and I have enought points for stay in Hilton Hotels.
What Hilton in Japan is your favorite? What are yours recomendation?
I'm going to stay in Tokyo, Osaka, maybe Nagoya... Another cities, of course, too.

Last edited by Garina; Nov 23, 2016 at 11:17 pm
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Conrad Tokyo. Good location. Excellent large rooms. Great service.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I stayed at the Hilton Nagoya and Fukuoka while there last week. Both were nice hotels. I had a suite upgrade at Nagoya which was great and rate this the better hotel apart from the executive lounge and breakfast.

Exec lounges at both were similar but both the buffet breakfast and the evening canapés in Fukuoka were far superior.

The Nagoya breakfast area was very crowded with a wait to get in. They seem to limit the number of people despite having free tables simply to minimise the crowding around the food.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If you ski - Hilton Niseko. The hotel itself is nothing special (though it is ski-in, ski-out) but if you are a skier, it's a thrill to check skiing in Japan off the bucket list. We went last year in March (2015) and the snow was great and it was a steal on C+P.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Agree. I've stayed at a number of Hilton properties in Japan. This is by far the best and holds its own against any brand.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba

(I might be the only person who says that.)
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just got back from Tokyo this morning and spent 3 nights at the Conrad on points (as well as the PHT, Disneyland hotel and Hilton Tokyo Bay). Great location and amazing service. Overall wonderful experience.

I want to try the Odaiba location next time. Location there looks to be great as well.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Skatering
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
(I might be the only person who says that.)
I'm also a fan! It's quite a steal when you get it on discount (sales), since they always upgrade diamonds to executive rooms facing the bridge and tower! Nice little balconies and the evening lounge spread is nice
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Huge fan as well.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hilton
Hilton Tokyo

I have a 14 years old son and we have 150K points and plan to stay use it for 3 night in Hilton Tokyo in July, can anyone confirm if hotel allow us (my wife, son and me) to stay in one room without any additional charge, assuming that we do not require for additional bed? We plan to book a King Bed which is sufficient for us since we all are kind of skinny, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.