Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by sleuth
I indicated that I checked every single day from the beginning to the end of the promotion. Cheapest I could find is 7500JPY. That's not 4250JPY as stated on the promo page. This rate was for a twin room, which I'm assuming is the lowest category room. What exactly am I missing?
Agree! I did not see any days having a 4250 JPY rate!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Thanks more4less and Kacee!

I guess the normal rates for the Conrad are from JPY30000-40000 so JPY27500 may not be too good of a deal?

Thanks again!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kikid
Thanks more4less and Kacee!

I guess the normal rates for the Conrad are from JPY30000-40000 so JPY27500 may not be too good of a deal?

Thanks again!
It's not unusual to see rates at the Conrad in the mid to high 20's. That's a reasonable price. I think you'll have trouble finding a similar quality hotel for less in Tokyo. The rooms are quite large and well appointed and the service is excellent. It's just not a screaming deal.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
Originally Posted by gummibar
Agree! I did not see any days having a 4250 JPY rate!
I noticed the same thing. Then I noticed that the promo page says "Per person per night 2 adults use". That's sleazy Hilton. Come on!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Has people booked for 1 pax / night and quote spouse stays free for 2nd pax?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
Originally Posted by planetshakers
Has people booked for 1 pax / night and quote spouse stays free for 2nd pax?
I would love to argue that
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:57 am

I gave a quick look at this promotion right when it opened up as I have a stay coming up at the Hilton NRT. However, as other posters have found, I didn't see anything of value whatsoever - just prepaid rates more expensive than the flexible rate I currently have.

In the past I have had this same experience with the Japan flash sales - price quoted is per person and there is never any availability at that price. Contrast with the Thailand flash sale earlier where it was very straightforward and rooms at the advertised rates were plentiful.

Going forward, I'm going to probably just start ignoring most of these, just like the AA "great fares" emails or whatever - Dallas to Abilene next Wednesday for only $144!!!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I gave a quick look at this promotion right when it opened up as I have a stay coming up at the Hilton NRT. However, as other posters have found, I didn't see anything of value whatsoever - just prepaid rates more expensive than the flexible rate I currently have.

In the past I have had this same experience with the Japan flash sales - price quoted is per person and there is never any availability at that price. Contrast with the Thailand flash sale earlier where it was very straightforward and rooms at the advertised rates were plentiful.

Going forward, I'm going to probably just start ignoring most of these, just like the AA "great fares" emails or whatever - Dallas to Abilene next Wednesday for only $144!!!
We looked into the sale for an upcoming Japan trip. Rates for Tokyo and NRT were not really attractive compared to properties in other programs we're members of, or not a significant difference from the flexible rate. For Osaka, however, it really was around a 50% discount from the flexible rate, and enough cheaper than the corporate rate I had booked at the Ritz Carlton that we decided to move over.

In other words, I wouldn't give up completely on these sales, just take them with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Calcifer; Oct 29, 2014 at 5:26 pm
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Calcifer
We looked into the sale for an upcoming Japan trip. Rates for Tokyo and NRT were not really attractive compared to properties in other programs we're members of, or not a significant difference from the flexible rate. For Osaka, however, it really was around a 50% discount from the flexible rate, and enough cheaper than the corporate rate I had booked at the Ritz Carlton that we decided to move over.

In other words, I wouldn't give up completely on these sales, just take them with a grain of salt.
Probably a more reasonable stance than what I articulated.

Nice find, too. I really like the Osaka property. No, not five star, but great location and great service. Good lounge too.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I looked at both hotels in Seoul and neither had special rates, I use flexible search and check several weeks before and after my date and never shows up.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by thepla
I looked at both hotels in Seoul and neither had special rates, I use flexible search and check several weeks before and after my date and never shows up.
I booked an Executive Suite at the Conrad Seoul using the 50% off sale rate two days ago. I checked again today...the rate has been pulled for all dates.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, looks like all of the special rate rooms are booked. I have an existing reservation at the Tokyo Hilton for 11/2 - 12/1. Good thing I booked when I did. The rates this promotion is now showing is significantly more that what I booked at 2 weeks ago.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
I booked an Executive Suite at the Conrad Seoul using the 50% off sale rate two days ago. I checked again today...the rate has been pulled for all dates.
I wish I had looked a day or so ago. I'm staying at a Starwood property but just made Diamond and this would have been a nice option.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Conrad Tokyo is offering 50% off suites booked until 31 March 2015.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Any recent reports for booking two twins for a single person- and a second 'stopping by' on occasion? Unfort my Hhonors Gold has lapsed- and the 2nd person wouldn't be a spouse either way- so no T&C I can fall back on...guess the property could always charge me more. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.