Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:14 pm

Has an Ali'i oceanfront room on the 4th floor and our view just skimmed the top of the palm trees but was still beautiful. I did note that there were corresponding oceanfront rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor with the 2nd floor rooms situated a few steps down from the pool deck with direct stairways from the lanai to the pool deck--I don't think that you would have a great ocean view in those rooms--not sure if those rooms are categorized as oceanfront. The Ali'i tower was fine-we have stayed in the rainbow tower on two prior occasions. They no longer provide additional services with the exception of the 2 free bottles of water left daily--no turndown service, no appetizers, same toiletries. The biggest advantage for us was the private pool area which was nice as opposed to the crowded conditions at the other pools.

Last edited by Redeemed; Nov 10, 2009 at 9:17 pm Reason: incomplete info
Old Nov 11, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Has an Ali'i oceanfront room on the 4th floor and our view just skimmed the top of the palm trees but was still beautiful. I did note that there were corresponding oceanfront rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor with the 2nd floor rooms situated a few steps down from the pool deck with direct stairways from the lanai to the pool deck--I don't think that you would have a great ocean view in those rooms--not sure if those rooms are categorized as oceanfront. The Ali'i tower was fine-we have stayed in the rainbow tower on two prior occasions. They no longer provide additional services with the exception of the 2 free bottles of water left daily--no turndown service, no appetizers, same toiletries. The biggest advantage for us was the private pool area which was nice as opposed to the crowded conditions at the other pools.
How do the rooms in Rainbow and Alii towers compare?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:38 am

The rooms themselves are comparable however the Ali'i bathroom is much larger with separate dressing area. The views from the Rainbow tower(we had Diamond Head view once and once a corner room with ocean and harbor view) were superior however. On this past trip we had direct oceanfront view from the ALi'i tower but could not see Diamond Head. The Ali'i pool area was very nice and uncrowded with plenty of padded loungers available all through the day and 2 ice water dispensers. I did notice that the Super Pool and new Paradise pool areas were swarmed with people-no pool chairs available.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
I never ventured past the pool next to the lagoon tower that my kids fell in love with. They could slide down the four slides for hours. How did the other pools compare? I found the lagoon itself horrible. it was cold and smelly. I laughed at the boat rental for $40.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
i have back to back reservations at this property next weekend (part vacation part business trip). is there any way to combine them so i can keep the same room for the whole time, rather than checking out & back in?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
i have back to back reservations at this property next weekend (part vacation part business trip). is there any way to combine them so i can keep the same room for the whole time, rather than checking out & back in?
Call the hotel; they should be able to combine them into one room.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, DL silver, AA plat, UA premier
I just booked a award room for 6 nights in March. Without reading through the entire thread, can someone tell me whether diamonds are getting upgraded on award stays. They offered the "paid upgrade" but figured I would chance it. Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: Onepass Platinum, Hhonors Gold
Handicap room vs Double Bed option

I have booked a rewards night (6 nights) at the Hilton Hawaiian Village property in January and while booking I was given only two options for room type:

Double Bed or a Handicap Room.

I assumed the Handicap room will have a King Bed so I chose this room type. Does anyone have any experience with this room type at this property if it is any good. I understand the room is designed for physically challenged guests but other than that, does it offer a king bed? Is it one of those roll-in showers or a bath tub?

I am a Hhonors Gold member and going there with my wife. Should i even bother calling the property to see if they can change a rewards reservation. I also found out that there is a conference at the property during that week ( i am not going there for the conference)...
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by kalia0718
I have booked a rewards night (6 nights) at the Hilton Hawaiian Village property in January and while booking I was given only two options for room type:

Double Bed or a Handicap Room.

I assumed the Handicap room will have a King Bed so I chose this room type. Does anyone have any experience with this room type at this property if it is any good. I understand the room is designed for physically challenged guests but other than that, does it offer a king bed? Is it one of those roll-in showers or a bath tub?

I am a Hhonors Gold member and going there with my wife. Should i even bother calling the property to see if they can change a rewards reservation. I also found out that there is a conference at the property during that week ( i am not going there for the conference)...
The handicap room offered a larger bathroom with a larger (not a roll-in) shower, but this was for a lagoon tower room so YMMV.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Diamond, Avis First
HH Diamond Member UG's

Hi all, just joined and first time poster here.

The wife and I love HHV and have stayed there several times staying at the Rainbow Tower and Diamond Head Tower Suite as a HH Gold member and always received some sort of Upgrade whether its buffet coupons or a room.

I have recently attained Diamond Status and I have booked reservations for Feb 2010 using my Reward Points for 8 free nights and paying out of pocket for the 9th night and was wondering what sort of UG's can a Diamond Level expect.

Currently on the reservation it states Resort Room with King Bed.

I'm hoping for a Rainbow Tower, corner room, oceanview, king bed upgrade and maybe if I'm lucky a suite in the Rainbow. I contacted the Hotel and they stated I'll have to wait until I arrive which makes sense (sort of).

Second choice would be any oceanview, king bed room or suite.

If I could confirm a Suite then I would bring my older daughter (over 21) to stay with us for a few days too. She'd love it. But having 3 adults in a typical Resort room is pretty cramped with the daughter sleeping on a cot or what else?

Is there a trick or tricks to locking in something ahead of arrival or a managers email address I can send a note to. And any guesses to Hotel capacity during Feb?

I have also heard that the Breakfast Buffet in the Rainbow Lanai has slipped a little in terms of quality. the wife and I always loved those buffets whether they were in the Tapa or Rainbow. Any new updates to this?

I appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance.

Happy Travels
Coolwater
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
I don't have any information to offer, but, would like to hear from you after your stay. I have recently reached Diamond VIP and will be at HHV in May. I called last month to ask the prices of the continental breakfast and internet fee. I was trying to decide which one to take as my Diamond gift. I was told that since I'm Diamond, I would be on the club floor or would have access to the club floor breakfast. She also said that I would get internet free. I have my doubts about the information I received. So, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:52 am

Rainbow tower breakfast has a different muffin each morning...chocolate, apple, etc. plus some large bowls of fruit to choose from...cut watermelon, pineapple, etc. plus some juices, an egg, and a mediocre croissant. It's not very impressive, but it'll do for a buffet that seats a couple of hundred people each morning.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
I just checked out of the HHV a couple nights ago. Breakfast was pretty minimal, but we made do with what they offered. it consisted of 3-4 types of pastry, hard boiled eggs, pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew. Also a couple types of juices.

This was my one and only stay at the HHV, so I have no idea how good of an upgrade I got, but we did have a nice view of diamond head/waikiki from the 34th floor of the Tapa tower. Also there was a pullout couch in our king room, and a mini fridge in the wetbar area.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Coolwater56, Welcome to FT.

THere's a lot of information here, and you'll find it useful to use the "search" function - as there is already a *very* lengthy thread about the HHV, a lot of which deals w/options/offers for Diamond upgrades.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I've stayed at the HHV twice this year as a HH Gold. First trip was a combination of reward nights and paid nights. I asked at check in what my options were, and more importantly to simply have the same nice room in the Rainbow tower for every night. I think it cost me about $50.00 per night to upgrade the reward stays, but I felt it was worth it, YMMV.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.