Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors such as broken links, for example to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have any of the posters here ever had a buffet breakfast?
Old May 3, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by acysb87
Have any of the posters here ever had a buffet breakfast?
If your talking at the Rainbow Towers yes and unless they have done a turn around in offering and quality I'll pass !

Years ago it really was great and worth the price point, but it seems that the quality has dropped as well as the "presentation" treating guest for granted rather than trying to earn their business. ANd I have been staying there for over 30 years so I have seen the really great times and the not so great times.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Did not take time to review whole thread, but what is the cost of a cab from HNL to the Hilton?
I didn't take a taxi, but if it helps for reference, I took the SpeediShuttle and roundtrip from airport to hotel lobby it was $53 for two.

FYI...if you book using the hotel website, which links to SpeediShuttle, it is more expensive. Go directly to the SpeediShuttle website and save a lot!

The HHV website states that SpeediShuttle is the only authorized shuttle service to stop at the hotel and then provides a link to the reservation system. Again, google it yourself and then reserve.

The shuttle service is amazing. They were waiting at the airport to pick us up, service was prompt both ways.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Did not take time to review whole thread, but what is the cost of a cab from HNL to the Hilton?
Check out http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com...tation.cfm#cha and http://charleystaxi.com/services/airport/ and you will see they also have Charley's Taxis onsite and they offer a flat rate of $29 to/from HHV and HNL.

The only issue we had was finding THE cab assigned to us once outside. Ask for a cab number, if you can, when you call them. Call down early to make sure they have a cab waiting for you when you are ready to leave the hotel. Also, confirm the rate BEFORE getting in the cab to make sure there are no issues when you arrive.
Old May 7, 2013, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ThriftyTourist
I didn't take a taxi, but if it helps for reference, I took the SpeediShuttle and roundtrip from airport to hotel lobby it was $53 for two.

FYI...if you book using the hotel website, which links to SpeediShuttle, it is more expensive. Go directly to the SpeediShuttle website and save a lot!

The HHV website states that SpeediShuttle is the only authorized shuttle service to stop at the hotel and then provides a link to the reservation system. Again, google it yourself and then reserve.

The shuttle service is amazing. They were waiting at the airport to pick us up, service was prompt both ways.

Appreciate the information. Will be at Honolulu for 1 night in November . Staying at Hilton as AC arrives late and our stay is at Maui. Rather than risk a mis-connect, we felt a nice evening dinner down town and a mid day cnx next day to Maui would be appropriate.
Old May 7, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Trying to remember for sure but I believe I paid around $40 including tip for last taxi ride from HNL to HHV. Super easy - no long lines waiting for a cab, and ended up in a limo because of the amount of luggage! Unless you are traveling alone I would say taxi is a better value than the shuttles into Waikiki.
Old May 7, 2013, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Cab is about $40/ow.
Old May 15, 2013, 6:24 am

single dad here with teens, coming to HHV for one night on way to Grand Wailea for 6 nights. i'd like to get someone to drive us around and see the sights briefly in Honolulu, not necessarily USS Arizona, but if time, great.
Not too worried about doing all the hotel activities since we have Grand Wailea coming up. This stop at HHV is to be able for us to see some of the places they see on Hawaii Five O on TV, LOL.
arrive from east coast at dinner, so no running around on arrival.
next day we'll fly to Maui around 4pm
I'm thinking it would be potentially cheaper and make better use of our time to NOT rent a car and have a car service drive us around some the next day, and then just drop us at the airport to head over to Grand Wailea on Maui in afternoon when we're done, to minimize cost and maximize the short day we'll have at HHV. Does this 1) sound doable and 2) have any suggestions for who to ask to drive us? limo or van service and just hire them for 3-4 hours? Any idea on cost?
thanks

Last edited by LovePrunes; May 15, 2013 at 9:25 pm
Old May 15, 2013, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
single dad here with 4 teens, coming to HHV for one night on way to Grand Wailea for 6 nights. i'd like to get someone to drive us around and see the sights briefly in Honolulu, not necessarily USS Arizona, but if time, great.
Not too worried about doing all the hotel activities since we have Grand Wailea coming up. This stop at HHV is to be able for us to see some of the places they see on Hawaii Five O on TV, LOL.
arrive from east coast at dinner, so no running around on arrival.
next day we'll fly to Maui around 4pm
I'm thinking it would be potentially cheaper and make better use of our time to NOT rent a car and have a car service drive us around some the next day, and then just drop us at the airport to head over to Grand Wailea on Maui in afternoon when we're done, to minimize cost and maximize the short day we'll have at HHV. Does this 1) sound doable and 2) have any suggestions for who to ask to drive us? limo or van service and just hire them for 3-4 hours? Any idea on cost?
thanks
Suggest you call the hotel concierge for pricing, short of that Goggle Limo companies for online pricing. I have done that before in other places and it's turned out well But try the hotel first. Their good and they have to make sure they steer guests right. Enjoy.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Suggest you call the hotel concierge for pricing, short of that Goggle Limo companies for online pricing. I have done that before in other places and it's turned out well But try the hotel first. Their good and they have to make sure they steer guests right. Enjoy.
Second the suggestion to use the Concierge. People don't make enough use of their resources.
Also, I suggest you wander over to the Cruise Critic website, go to "Community", "Forums", "Ports of Call" and then Hawaii. Lots of folks there looking for private tours and such for their one day in port. You might get some ideas there. You might even find some ideas for Maui.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by slidergirl
Second the suggestion to use the Concierge. People don't make enough use of their resources.
Also, I suggest you wander over to the Cruise Critic website, go to "Community", "Forums", "Ports of Call" and then Hawaii. Lots of folks there looking for private tours and such for their one day in port. You might get some ideas there. You might even find some ideas for Maui.
Remember where they are staying in Maui is a ways out there, which I prefer the Four Seasons. Quiet but you still have the "shopping" center and great golf course.

The Grand is really nice oh be it a little tired even after it's latest renovation.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:05 pm

Thanks, great suggestions from all. Great idea about cruise people wanting the same thing I might be looking for in a 3-4 hour highlights tour.
Been to Grand Wailea several times, just not with the kids, always wanted to bring them so booked before the points went up
Will let you know how it goes. Biggest thrill for them at HHV will be being in Honolulu and seeing the statue in person out front of the the police department from Hawaii Five Oh, and swimming in the HHV lagoon where you see the rainbow tower in the background as it's on TV! We're easy to please. Maui's what we're really after, but this is a good stopping point to regroup after a long day of flying, and six nights on Maui will be plenty.

Last edited by LovePrunes; May 15, 2013 at 9:23 pm
Old May 18, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: UA
Just arrived at HHV and got upgraded to a Ali'i tower executive king corner room. Amazing, given that I'm on a cash + points reservation!
Old May 18, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by jyflyer
Just arrived at HHV and got upgraded to a Ali'i tower executive king corner room. Amazing, given that I'm on a cash + points reservation!
Nice score!
If you see a man walking a large furry brown dog (Golden Retriever size, but chocolate brown) around the HHV, say "hi" to the dog, Buddy. He is a sweetie! He lives at the HHV - his "mom" is one of the on-site managers.

For the H-50 kids: the parking lot across the HHV lagoon is where the big guy parks his food truck :-)
Old May 18, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond

FYI, all of the shuttle services stop at the hotel. I've used both Roberts Hawaii and SpeediShuttle here; I found the service and the cost pretty much the same. (For trips to the hotel, Roberts provides each guest with a complimentary lei at the airport though.) If you're traveling on your own, the shuttle is the way to go...but once you start adding up people and bags, the taxi is a better value.

It's been my experience that HHV is the first stop into town from the airport ...and it's the last stop out of town to the airport, so you don't need to worry about long wait times at other hotels as people get on/off the shuttles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.