Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by alohastephen
Thanks slidergirl.
Lounge access sounds nice. Did
they have a cocktail hour too?
Don't expect much from the lounge - the options are very limited.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
[QUOTE=Zip;20222811]
Originally Posted by gbearbuck
The VIP lounge closes at 11:00 for the day (which is unfortunate because they have two computers and a printer in the lounge... QUOTE]

You should be able to access the lounge "after hours" with your card key. The bad news is that I often find that those computers are not working (even during the "open" hours).
I tried... It wouldn't let me in after breakfast time... My card worked in the morning, however it wouldn't open the door in the afternoon or evening...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Thirty minutes in the HHonors check-in line the other day - plus actual time with a (proficient) agent. That can never be acceptable.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: UA G
Has anyone been here recently? Is the resort fee waived for golds or diamonds?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Thirty minutes in the HHonors check-in line the other day - plus actual time with a (proficient) agent. That can never be acceptable.
been that way for almost all the years that I have been staying there (35)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:33 pm

The resort fee is not waived for golds or diamonds. If your reservation was made before November 2012 (? exact date in November) then the resort fee will be waived as it had not been instituted prior to that date. This is what I was told when I checked in recently. Because my reservation had been made prior to this date I was not able to take advantage of the "benefits" of the resort fee- i.e. free use of DVD kiosk in the lobby, not sure what else.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Resort Fee

I just had a 2 night stay and a funny thing happened. My flight was delayed and I did not end up checking in until 3am. They only charged me 1 day resort fee.

As a Gold they did give me a code for the wireless. Which was ok in the room, but spotty by the pool. No upgrade, but it was ok it was only for 2 nights.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by windycityf
I just had a 2 night stay and a funny thing happened. My flight was delayed and I did not end up checking in until 3am. They only charged me 1 day resort fee.

As a Gold they did give me a code for the wireless. Which was ok in the room, but spotty by the pool. No upgrade, but it was ok it was only for 2 nights.
WIFI has always been spotty there they refuse to invest in better service for some reason and its been that way forever in a day. Upgrades there are getting hard to get at times maybe due to your very late check in, but then you didnt have a long line to wait!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Had my first so called walk from a hotel this last weekend from the HHV. I asked @ check in if they were oversold and was told they were. Received my entire stay comped at the Hilton Waikiki Beach. Have any others been walked or volunteered to go to another Hilton, and what did you get for compensation?

Last edited by SEA777GUY; Feb 24, 2013 at 7:49 pm
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Had my first so called walk from a hotel this last weekend from the HWV. I asked @ check in if they were oversold and was told they were. Received my entire stay comped at the Hilton Waikiki Beach. Have any others been walked or volunteered to go to another Hilton, and what did you get for compensation?
never heard that in all the years I have been going there, they did not offer to put you in their sister property across the street?

Having stayed at the Hilton I can tell you while it maybe free it's not what I would have done. It's the old Radisson small rooms, etc.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
never heard that in all the years I have been going there, they did not offer to put you in their sister property across the street?

Having stayed at the Hilton I can tell you while it maybe free it's not what I would have done. It's the old Radisson small rooms, etc.
No offer to stay at the sister hotel. Just at the Hilton Waikiki Beach. We were put on a high floor in the newly remodeled room. Very quiet with little lines and no kids running around, easy to get a taxi, And walkable to many restaurants. I would've booked here if I would've known. On the downside, Both hotels were reluctant, to offer any other amenities, other then a comped stay.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
No offer to stay at the sister hotel. Just at the Hilton Waikiki Beach. We were put on a high floor in the newly remodeled room. Very quiet with little lines and no kids running around, easy to get a taxi, And walkable to many restaurants. I would've booked here if I would've known. On the downside, Both hotels were reluctant, to offer any other amenities, other then a comped stay.
They should have given you free breakfast and internet and $200 cash for walking you if you are a diamond.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
They should have given you free breakfast and internet and $200 cash for walking you if you are a diamond.
at the very least. if I am not mistaken making a Diamond walk with a confirmed reservation is a no no. it's easy to say after the fact but I would have asked for the GM right then and there. They don't just give out diamond status for nothing !
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by edgewood49
at the very least. if I am not mistaken making a Diamond walk with a confirmed reservation is a no no. it's easy to say after the fact but I would have asked for the GM right then and there. They don't just give out diamond status for nothing !
It SHOULD be a nono and I can't think of any reason why a property would ever have an excuse to walk their highest unless there happened to be something like a power loss or other emergency out of the properties control.

There is at least one thread on what to expect if you are walked as a diamond so it does happen. A property tried walking me once and thanks to FT, I knew I was entitled to cash compensation and when I was told I was being walked, I asked for my $200 walking money. The front desk clerk got the manager on duty and she suddenly found me a room and didn't seem pleased the FDC was walking a diamond, so I am sure they walked another guest who wasn't a diamond.

I remember one time a property manager at a Hilton brand that used to post here said he wasn't sure what Hilton's policy was of walking a diamond because he would NEVER even consider walking a diamond. I think it's common sense a property wouldn't never a diamond.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
I am only a Gold. I was first told that my pre-paid refund would be refunded in 5-7 working days. I was told today that it will now be 6-7 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.