Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:27 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Recreation
How horrendous. I agree that leaving young children on a high balcony is a terrible idea anyway but it seems they paid the ultimate price for their mistake.

Whenever I go to Embassy Suites hotels, I always wonder if anybody has fallen to their death. If you've never been to ES, they usually have rooms on the perimeter with a huge open air atrium in the middle. A four foot wall is the only thing preventing you from falling. If I had young children, or a really drunk partner, I'd be a nervous wreck walking on the high floors.
The Luxor in Las Vegas is the same way. I had a friend who used to work there and said people jumping/falling was not uncommon.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:28 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by 2400
Hotel management did not handle the incident very well, especially after the media arrived on site ... "Unfortunate accident" was the standard response followed by a "No comment" to further questions. Hotel staff seemed well-briefed by their corporate legal department.

The local police and fire department/paramedics responded admirably. I was surprised to see police and fire chaplains (in police and fire dept uniform with Roman collar) tending to many obviously distressed guests. Very progressive public safety departments.
That's all they can say until the lawyers investiage. They don't want to open themselves up to lawsuits.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
We stayed at the Four Seasons in Vancouver, BC years ago and that hotel had a window at the floor level that opened out. Any toddler could have easily toddled on out the window and down 20 some floors to the ground. Even my older children could have made that huge gap. I watched the kids like a hawk and NEVER allowed the window to be opened. Wonder what they have done about it these days?
Old Jan 7, 2006, 5:53 pm

Smile How likely am I to be upgraded in Hawaii on free stay

[B]Hi, I am staying at the Hawaiian Village the first week of May on an award. I was just recently upgraded to Gold status. I was just wondering how likely am I to be upgraded to the executive level on a free stay. I loved to hear other peoples experiences. Thanks, Susan

Last edited by akitadog; Jan 7, 2006 at 5:53 pm Reason: speeld wrong
Old Jan 7, 2006, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
100%

Hows that for good news? welcome to flyer talk ^ ps an upgrade to the rainbow tower is better than one to the exec floor of the kalia tower
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by akitadog
[B]Hi, I am staying at the Hawaiian Village the first week of May on an award. I was just recently upgraded to Gold status. I was just wondering how likely am I to be upgraded to the executive level on a free stay. I loved to hear other peoples experiences. Thanks, Susan
Susan

I work at a Hilton hotel, in Fl and can tell you that upgrades are not done untill the day of check in. Diamond members are taken care of 1st then Gold. If they have upgrades left they will upgrade you. You also have to think about how busy the hotel may or may not be at that time, if Hawaiia is anything like fl in May you may have a good chance. Again it all depends on how many people have reservations at that time.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MindaHilton
Susan

I work at a Hilton hotel, in Fl and can tell you that upgrades are not done untill the day of check in. Diamond members are taken care of 1st then Gold. If they have upgrades left they will upgrade you. You also have to think about how busy the hotel may or may not be at that time, if Hawaiia is anything like fl in May you may have a good chance. Again it all depends on how many people have reservations at that time.
any hiltons in Fla have 2600 rooms? welcome to ft too. See the "ins and outs of the HHV thread"
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:54 pm
Suspended

newbie bump
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Not 100% for Me

I stayed at HHV last February on an ALON award, during Presidents Day week. The place was full and the front desk person spent a long time trying to get me 6 nights without having to change rooms. We ended up with an 8th floor room in the Tapa Tower. I would call the room a partial ocean view, as you could see the water from the balcony. I certainly wouldn't call this an upgraded room. We did get breakfast coupons for the restaurant in the Rainbow Tower, which was great, but crowded at times.

I was Gold at the time. We enjoyed our stay even though we didn't have a killer room.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jeeves
I stayed at HHV last February on an ALON award, during Presidents Day week. The place was full and the front desk person spent a long time trying to get me 6 nights without having to change rooms. We ended up with an 8th floor room in the Tapa Tower. I would call the room a partial ocean view, as you could see the water from the balcony. I certainly wouldn't call this an upgraded room. We did get breakfast coupons for the restaurant in the Rainbow Tower, which was great, but crowded at times.

I was Gold at the time. We enjoyed our stay even though we didn't have a killer room.
why are you comparing may 1 with presidents week?
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, WN Companion Pass, Hertz 5 Star Gold
In two award stays at HWV as Diamond, I've been "upgraded" to the Ocean Tower, higher (but not top) floor. Rooms nothing extraordinary, tired looking carpets.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Festus
In two award stays at HWV as Diamond, I've been "upgraded" to the Ocean Tower, higher (but not top) floor. Rooms nothing extraordinary, tired looking carpets.
why are you comparing the HWV with the HHV? did everyone loose their glasses?
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:18 pm

Thanks for all the great info. I feel much more confident I will be upgraded. I think the 1st week in May probably is not too busy. Susan
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
stayed at the HHV in May 2005...

While I did pay for the week stay out of my own pocket, it wasn't really crowded so as a Gold VIP they upgraded me to an executive room in Kalia tower.

So since you are going in May yourself, I don't think the crowds will preclude you from an upgrade.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 12:55 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
1. I've never stayed at HHV, so my comments are not property specific. Search the HHV thread(s) for better property specific info.

2. The HHonors manual actually encourages giving upgrade priority to reward stays. So a reward stay works in your favor -- if the individual property follows the manual (see #1).

3. Regardless of what they do at MindaHilton's hotel, some properties do indeed upgrade ahead of time (ask if they do "pre-confirmed upgrades"). Again, I don't know if HHV does this (and would be inclined to guess they don't).

Last edited by Rut Dog; Jan 9, 2006 at 12:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.