Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
OK, I apologize for nitpicking here, but the name of the tower is Ali'i.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 10:23 am

HGVC Tour Points: How Long to Post?

MissBumpMe and I took the HGVC tour at the HHV in late April.

The points have yet to post.

Is this typical?
Old Aug 6, 2003, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I took the tour in June & no points had posted by August. I tried calling the hotel, HH, etc. All passed the buck. I then remembered I had a receipt for the tour (points) which I sent to our very own FT contact. I had the points in a matter of days.

Mary
Old Aug 6, 2003, 12:53 pm

We took the tour in April. The certificate they gave us said it could take 60-90 days for the points to post. I called afer a couple of months had gone by and the lady I spoke with also said it could take up to 90 days and asked me to be patient a little longer. I waited until the 90th day had passed and called back. They took my name and phone number and two days later the points showed up in the account. They probably figure by making you wait up to 90 days a lot of people will forget about following up. Yeah, right, that's why I took the tour, so I wouldn't get any points.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 3:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HawaiiBound:
We took the tour in April. The certificate they gave us said it could take 60-90 days for the points to post. I called afer a couple of months had gone by and the lady I spoke with also said it could take up to 90 days and asked me to be patient a little longer. I waited until the 90th day had passed and called back. They took my name and phone number and two days later the points showed up in the account. They probably figure by making you wait up to 90 days a lot of people will forget about following up. Yeah, right, that's why I took the tour, so I wouldn't get any points.</font>
When you say "they" who is they?
Do I call HHonors or HGVC?
Could the Diamond Desk potentially pull strings?

Old Aug 6, 2003, 4:47 pm

My points posted three days after I called the number on my HGVC tour/HHonors points receipt.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 7:39 am

The "they" I was referring to are the folks at HGVC. That is also who I called. We were given a certificate showing we had attended and had the points coming so if I had not be able to resolve the matter directly through HGVC I would have contacted the Hilton Honors folks to see what I needed to do to get the points posted.

[This message has been edited by HawaiiBound (edited 08-07-2003).]
Old Aug 7, 2003, 9:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HawaiiBound:
The "they" I was referring to is the folks at HGVC. That is also who I called. We were given a certificate showing we had attended and had the points coming so if I had not be able to resolve the matter directly through HGVC I would have contacted the Hilton Honors folks to see what I needed to do to get the points posted.</font>
Great!

...seems like I need to make a call.
Thank you.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, A Advantage, HHonors, Marriott Rewards
e-mail address for HHV?

I have been trying to get an e-mail address for HHV--and so far have had no luck. I'd prefer contact via e-mail as it will save me a long distance call, and more important, I like to have my communications in print. Can anyone help me out?
Old Aug 16, 2003, 7:13 am

Hilton Hawaiian Village (Waikiki)

We are booked into Hilton Waikiki Village for GLON during labor day week. Please advise me on Internet connectivity (dialup / broadband).

I will need to login to work a couple of hours a day. & Yes, that is the condition with my wife :-) We are there for a wedding, her vacation, and my mini vacation.:-)

I have sprint dialup with 800 or local number.

Tks

John
Old Aug 16, 2003, 7:50 am

There is no "Hilton Waikiki Village."
There is the Hilton Hawaiian Village (yes, it is in Waikiki), and the Hilton Waikoloa Village.

Please clarify which of the two Hilton properties in Hawaii you are staying at.

FWIW: The HHV has a business center with highspeed. It's about $15/hour.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 9:01 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
It would be interesting if someone booked the Waikaloa Village thinking it was in Waikiki.

You have several options with the HHV (which is in Waikiki as noted above). Dialup speed is OK and, if you have an 800 number, is free for the first 60 minutes (after that you have to pay or hang up and dial back in).

There is also wired broadband in some of the Tapa Tower rooms. There used to be wired access in some of the Ali'i Tower rooms as well, but I haven't been there in a year and a half. The wired access costs about $6.95 per day for 128k access and $9.95 per day for 256k access.

There is wireless access down by the pools, but for some reason they don't advertise it. You have to ask at the desk. The price is the same as wired access.

You can also go to the business center as noted above.

If you are willing to go offsite, Borders in Honolulu on Ala Moana has T-Mobile wireless access.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 9:43 am

Oh, I didn't realize there are two.
I just checked, we are on the Hilton Hawaiian Village in HNL/Waikiki.

Thanks

John

--------------
Hilton Hawaiian Village (yes, it is in Waikiki), and the Hilton Waikoloa Village.

Old Aug 16, 2003, 7:06 pm
vandykes44

John, do you have a GLON award or an ALON award? I was under the impression that you can't use a GLON for the Hawaii properties. However, if that's not the case, I have a GLON that I'd like to use for Hawaii next year.

[This message has been edited by vandykes44 (edited 08-16-2003).]

Old Aug 17, 2003, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Gold; Starwood Gold; UAL Premier; Delta Silver
I think it's an ALON award too. Hilton's site is poor at identifying "premium" hotels. They leave it to us to assume is all cat 6 proerties. Nevertheless, it's a very good award IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.