Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2003, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
HHV Kalia Tower important info

This seemed important enough for another thread and may explain a lot...

Hilton will turn 138 rooms in the tower into a 72 unit Hilton Grand Vacations Club. Pre-opening sales are expected to begin next month.

(If this was previously mentioned somewhere and I missed it, feel free to delete.)
Old Nov 19, 2003, 5:50 pm

I will post my experience. I am leaning towards requesting a room in the Rainbow tower unless I hear some more positive feedback about the Kalia tower.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 12:13 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Checked into HHV yesterday (11/21). Tried to get into the Ali'i, Tapa or Rainbow towers as a Diamond, but the resort is full for the holiday week. Got an oceanview room in the Kalia Tower, on the 21st floor (of 25).

Rooms are nice, new, but on the smaller side. Odd numbers are oceanview, even mountainview. Haven't had a chance to look at the mountainview rooms yet. There is definitely street noise even on the oceanview side, if you are on the lanai or have your sliding door open. The view toward Diamondhead is blocked by the Tapa Tower, with the Rainbow and Lagoon Towers partially blocking the beach view. My room looks straight out over the lagoon. Still nice at sunset! Saw the fireworks from my lanai last night...minimally obscured by the Rainbow Tower. I think if you were on the other end of this tower, however, the view of the fireworks would not be as good. Room numbers range from XX29-XX57. I am in a higher number room.

This is the furthest Tower from the beach and superpool. This doesn't bother me, as I like to walk (I guess I'll get a lot of that next week at HWV!) The tower does have it's own pool on the 4th floor, along with Mandara Spa.

The lounge is located the 25th floor in the center of the building, oceanview. Morning continental breakfast of the usual fare: toasts, bagels, doughnuts, danish, cereal, fruit. During the day they have crunchies like chips/salsa, pretzels and yummy cookies and brownies, along with soft drinks. I have not tried the evening reception, but one of the servers said it has a pu pu selection (hot/cold) and bar service. Cocktails and wine are $7, beer $5 (which includes gratuity according to the drink menu).

I move to HWV tomorrow (11/23) for my ALON stay over thanksgiving. I will give a HWV update at that time.

Hope that helps!
Old Nov 22, 2003, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Thanks, AkWxMan, especially for the lounge info. Don't mind the walk to the beach/pool either and having that lounge access with the kids along might really help to defray some of our food expenses. I'm a little concerned about the room size though - what is the configuration? King and a sofabed? Do you think there'e enough room for a rollaway? Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 11:35 am

I was at the HHV Nov 12 - 15 last week and as I checked in, I asked when the Kalia tower was going to reopen, and the woman at the front desk said "in about a month." I'll be darned.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 4:02 pm

Thank you for the timely info, AkWxMan. I think it reinforces my decision to try for a corner room in the Rainbow tower. I am guessing the week starting Jan 2 will be a little less packed.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 8:21 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Another little update...

Was at the evening reception last night. 2 hot Pu Pu's and then the usual assortment of cheeses, veggies and chips/pretzels. The Kalia tower also has a seperate reception and concierge in the lobby, as well as a seperate Valet ($17/day).

yyzflyer, I had a room with 2 doubles as no king rooms were available. Would be VERY tight to have a rollaway in there...don't even think it would fit. Didn't see a king room..sorry.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 1:12 am

Can't use HHV ALON res Jan 2

I am scheduled for an ALON stay at the HHV on Jan 2. I am starting a new job next week, and will not be able to get time off so soon.
If there is anyone with an ALON cert who has been unable to find availability I would be happy to coordinate with you so that you can take these dates.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 1:44 pm

Just stayed on an ALON. Unfortunately, although I was Gold, I was in the Kalia Tower. I did get the executive floor, however, room 2544 - a decent view of Waikiki and Diamond Head. Also included was breakfast coupons for two different restaurants, 2 free bottles of water, and the food at the executive floor. We basically had a good breakfast and a light dinner there every night. Room was okay, nothing spectacular.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 3:10 pm

The 2 Bedroom penthouse suite in Lagoon Tower is my favorite. It comes with daily maid service and room service. No free breakfasts.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 4:15 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Just got back last week. First offered a suite on Lagoon side Rainbow Tower. Told checkin agent it was our honeymoon (yes it was), and introduced him to Mr. Jackson. Got Rainbow tower Diamond Head side Rm 1911. Would suggest when asking for Rainbow tower get odd numbered rooms starting at 16th floor and up, and rooms numbers 1601,03,05,07,09,11 and 13. That gives them 15 floors to work with and 7 rooms per floor. The view will be outstanding from any of those rooms. You can get a suite anywhere. You can only get that view in those 100+ rooms
Old Nov 26, 2003, 5:37 am

Programs: QR platinum
Rainbow Tower , as Gold was upgraded to Room 2801, fantastic corner room (as all XX01 rooms 2 lania balcons)last week
Old Nov 26, 2003, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
So you were in my xx01 room last week? Harumph...

Got a great upgrade though. Rainbow Tower, 3105. Fabulous view.

The bathroom had a window so we could look out at diamond head while contemplating the meaining of life ... Never had a hotel room with an interior window that opened out into the rest of the room & provided such a great view.

Review to follow later.....

Mary
Old Jan 11, 2004, 7:22 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
HHV-Garden room w/2 doubles on Award?

I am considering using an award stay for a trip to Hawaii in February. I called the Hilton 1-800 line in inquire about availability. I am a Diamond so I didn't think there would be too much of a problem.

She told me there was availability, but only for two double beds with a garden view? What?!?! I'm not going to burn 175k points for a double bed, for one. (Husband refuses to sleep on double bed, too tall.)

Has anyone else ever been told this? Is this typically canned language or is this perhaps what is left?

Any thoughts?

Dawn
Old Jan 11, 2004, 7:30 am

Two things come to mind. First, is it possible you are trying to book the week of the Pro Bowl? If so that could have something to do with lack of availability. As far as the award booking, it will be booked as a garden room although you usually get your choice of bed type, then you get an upgrade based on availability at the time of check-in. Did you try going to the Hilton website and trying to book a room for those dates to see what rooms come up as available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.