Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gvaughn
Apparently this is gym is not hotel owned/operated.
The only gym (apart from the one in the Ali'i tower) on the property? Which is located in one of the hotel towers? In one of the chain's flagship properties? That's just ridiculous. I have only ever stayed in the Ali'i tower, so I never noticed.

I will e-mail the hotel to inquire about this!
Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by sensei
The only gym (apart from the one in the Ali'i tower) on the property? Which is located in one of the hotel towers? In one of the chain's flagship properties? That's just ridiculous. I have only ever stayed in the Ali'i tower, so I never noticed.

I will e-mail the hotel to inquire about this!
The Kalia Tower is technically NOT a Hilton hotel. It is a timeshare affiliated through the HGVC program.

Here is an article that discusses the spa and the business relationshipn with Hilton:

http://www.allbusiness.com/medicine-...6053315-1.html
Old Dec 24, 2008, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The Kalia Tower is technically NOT a Hilton hotel. It is a timeshare affiliated through the HGVC program.
That's not true. It's a hotel tower with timeshare units on the top floors.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by linsj
That's not true. It's a hotel tower with timeshare units on the top floors.
I stand corrected. Here is a more detailed article that discusses the relationship:

http://www.waikikinews.com/02date/dateline.003.html
About one-third of the hotel rooms in the newly opened Hilton Kalia Tower, 138 out of the total of 453, will be rebuilt into 72 timeshare units, a mix of luxurious studio and condominium-style one-bedroom units.

The six-floor Hilton Grand Vacations Club will open in December, said Hilton Grand Vacations Co., the vacation-ownership arm of Hilton Hotels Corp.

The timeshare space occupies all of floors 12 through 18 (there is no 13th floor) and the rooms on those floors are closed for the conversion renovations.
However, it IS a fact that the spa facilities are NOT Hilton owned (and therefore not subject to the HHonors Elite privileges):

http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com...alia-tower.asp
Mandara Spa
Pamper yourself at Mandara Spa*, one of Hawaii's most complete and luxurious spas. Select from a variety of spa treatments that incorporate Hawaiian, Asian, Western, European and Polynesian beauty and relaxation concepts.

Mandara Spa also features a state-of-the-art cardiovascular Fitness Center, a full-service salon and a dramatic, mosaic-tiled outdoor swimming pool, whirlpool and sun terrace.

* Independently owned and operated
Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:33 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum

However, it IS a fact that the spa facilities are NOT Hilton owned (and therefore not subject to the HHonors Elite privileges):

http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com...alia-tower.asp

[
Thanks for looking this up! Free gym access really is another free benefit of the Ali'i Tower then.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:18 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Four night Gold member reward stay

This Gold member just got back from a nice, four night award stay at the HHV. A few notes:

We were reserved in a "resort room." I had a 1-800-# reservation agent put a note in my reservation that I would like a Rainbow Tower room. I received an ocean view room in the Rainbow Tower, which was great.

The BK benefit for Gold and Diamond HH members was a continental breakfast buffet in the Tapa Cafe. It was pretty extensive, with cold cuts and cheese, hard boiled eggs, and lots of fruit and pastries. Unlike the HWV, the HH BK included the tax and gratuity, AND it filled you up. Needless to say, the HHV's was a much better value.

No free HSIA in the Ali Tower Starbucks. They said that Hilton provides the HSIA for the entire village.

The weekday penguin and turtle feeding was pretty entertaining for my two young daughters.

I think that they should change the name of the "Super Pool" to the super cold pool or the super plain pool. Besides being very cold, it did not have water slides or whirlpools, like the HWV has.

Parking is $25/night. We just used Enterprise for one day for a day trip to the North Shore, Dole Plantation, etc.

The HHV took out their self check-in/airline boarding pass kiosks. The Concierge Desk will print off your boarding passes for free upon request.

It was very convenient to have the ABC Store, Starbucks, shopping, and restaurants right on their grounds. The HHV is much more compact than the HWV.

Check out time is 11am. They charged me $25 for a 1pm check-out. I though that they might budge a little bit on the check out time, since I was a Gold HH. No love there.

The HHV is nice and convenient, but I like the less busy feel of the HWV better.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA G, Hil Loser, Marr PL
I am a diamond with a Feb stay using a GLON... is this high season and is an upgrade wishful thinking if i have selected this as a my way option? Thanks for the response!
Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:59 am

I can join the choir, as I also have 6 nights as Diamond in February at the HHV. However, I'm concerned about the 'quality' of the rooms.

Having seen the photo shots on the i-Map on their website, even the Ali'i Tower (which should be the best of the best at the HHV) leaves me with an interpretation of old furnitures - acutually, it reminds me of a stay at a three star charter hotel (at Costa del Sol) I once had as an exchange student in Europe. Looking back, that was not good.

The pictures from i-Map does not correspond to the pictures of their accommodation on their website... Which is to trust? the i-Map pictures or the pictures on http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com...ions/index.asp

I will be travelling with 2 y.o we will be spending much time in the room. If possible, is the Rainbow Tower prefered in terms of view?

We may extend our stay in Honolulu a couple of days. I don't want to use more points than I already have. After having seen the rooms on i-Map I have thought of taking a couple of nights at the Hyatt Waikiki in stead of HHV... But again, the HHonors points are nice to have...
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:38 pm

Hilton Hawaiian Village in December/Christmas

Has anyone stayed at the HHV during Christmas week? Do they do anything special during that time at the hotel and how is the weather and ocean temp during that time?

Thanks much.
D.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Weather for many locations, but here Kailua-Kona specifically:

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/w...=018219&refer=

Contact for to inquie about Christmas programs:

http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com...ntact_form.cfm
Old Jan 10, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
3Cforme, you're referenced the property on the Big Island, but the OP asked about the property on Oahu.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Discoboy,

I don't know if the HHV does any special during Xmas week, but I can tell you that the water temp only varies by a few degrees year-round. I live in Hawaii and can tell you that people can easily swim all year without being cold. During the winter, some people use a t-shirt in the mornings when the air is a little cooler. Hope you come to Hawaii - we need more tourists. Aloha!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by discoboy
Has anyone stayed at the HHV during Christmas week? Do they do anything special during that time at the hotel and how is the weather and ocean temp during that time?

Thanks much.
D.
We just came back from the HHV. The weather was fine (only rained once) and rather warm if a bit windy... I found the ocean to be cold for my liking (but I have a very low tolerance of cold) but a lot of people were swimming.
I don't know about Christmas (we checked in on December 28) but nothing special was organized for Christmas. As far as I am aware the only "special" events were fixed menu dinners at the Bali and Village Steak & Seafood Village restaurants. We dined at the latter on the New Year's Eve and it was a major disappointment.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Bump...similar to last post above, I have 6 night award stay confirmed and am hoping for a decent room as a HH Gold (though the confirmation just says 2 double resort room). I am planning to buy 2 more nights on Oahu preceding the award nights.

Options include:
  1. Buy the lowest price room, hope I get the UG and keep the UG across both reservations
  2. Pay up for the first two nights (i.e pay for rainbow tower) and negotiate to keep the UG room for all nights
  3. Priceline 2 nights at HHV and hope for good fortune on room assignment
  4. Priceline 2 nights elsewhere nearby then move to HHV

Thoughts? I'm guessing I could keep whatever room I get on night 1 through the stay, but I'd like it to be a nice one. Would a direct phone call work better than email?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: NW Plat, DL 2 MM Flying Colonel, AA EXP MM, CO,NW,UA, MM, Hilton, Hyatt Diamond, QF Club Lifetime
HHV to Close Two Restaurants

Hilton Hawaiian Village closes two restaurants, shifts workers
Pacific Business News

The Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa will close its Village Steak & Seafood Restaurant and the Tapa Café on March 21.

Approximately 50 employees of the restaurant, in the Rainbow Tower, and cafe, in the Tapa Tower, will be transferred to other departments in the resort.

“The decline in visitor counts, rising costs and severe economic conditions have precipitated this action,” said Jerry Gibson, senior vice president of Hilton Hawaii and managing director of the Hilton Hawaiian Village, in a statement to PBN. “We are committed to offering help to our team members during this transition and our goal is to place as many as possible thr

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif....html?ana=e_du

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.