Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:47 am

Anyone know whats the treatment for FHR booking ? I am trying to book a stay for next week and all I see is rainbow tower rooms available.

Where will the breakfast to be served (and is it buffet style)?

Also where are the complimentary lunch/dinner to be served? how much credit is it?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by anchor79
Anyone know whats the treatment for FHR booking ? I am trying to book a stay for next week and all I see is rainbow tower rooms available.

Also where are the complimentary lunch/dinner to be served? how much credit is it?
Breakfast is served in bed, complimentary lunch is after the complimentary massage, then comes the complimentary helicopter tour and complimentary dinner.

This is immediately followed to you waking up to the realization you were dreaming, and trudging down to the breakfast lounge for your Cheerios (if you are gold/diamond or possible just diamond based on a recent post).
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by anchor79

see post 1214

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post16205639
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
Argh, Looks awful. Thanks so much for your help. I guess it is better to stay elsewhere for less then
Old Dec 24, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I am currently at the property - beautiful as always. Booked with points and a few days before arrival called the hotel and negotiated a confirmed upgrade to a resort view Ali'i Tower for an extra charge. Was then further complimentary upgraded to a partial ocean view room upon arrival. The Ali'i tower is all renovated and is actually very nice (very modern look and feel). The VIP terrace was a zoo (as usual), so I did not venture in... All rooms seem to have wi-fi now but no wi-fi at the Tropics bar.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, TK Elite+ *G, ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum, LH MM
Question

Originally Posted by Richelieu
Do you think there's a chance the hotel won't keep luggage stored as I island hop for a few days out of Oahu? I think it's a reasonable request and have done it at other place elsewhere, but as I think many people would consider doing that since Hawaii is an archipelago, the demand for luggage locker must be higher than elsewhere... I tried to contact them, but I couldn't figure out an email address from their website (only phone number and I'd like to avoid paying for an international phone call to the US...
I have the same question.... do you have any answer? Do they store the luggage?

Do someone have an email address of this property?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by SerocoOl
I have the same question.... do you have any answer? Do they store the luggage?

Do someone have an email address of this property?
Just go down to the Bellhop
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Hilton Hawaiian Village Hi

Hey all,

I just have a couple questions about the Hilton Hawaiian Village for any of you that may have visited.

I usually book the cheapest available room and tend to be upgraded to an Executive Floor room when I stay at Hiltons (I have Gold status). But this tends to be in hotels with only a few different room categories and where things such as views are not overly important to me.

I notice that the Hilton Hawaiian Village has many many different categories, views, buildings, towers. So my question is, am I better to stick with my usualy modus operandi and book the cheapest going room? Or am I better off booking a higher level room from the start? When Hilton upgrades in properties with SO many different room categories will I get a 'better' upgrade by booking a higher category room from the outset or will I likely be upgraded to the same by booking the cheapest rate?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:46 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hlight=village

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hlight=village
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by duckied
Hey all,

I just have a couple questions about the Hilton Hawaiian Village for any of you that may have visited.

I usually book the cheapest available room and tend to be upgraded to an Executive Floor room when I stay at Hiltons (I have Gold status). But this tends to be in hotels with only a few different room categories and where things such as views are not overly important to me.

I notice that the Hilton Hawaiian Village has many many different categories, views, buildings, towers. So my question is, am I better to stick with my usualy modus operandi and book the cheapest going room? Or am I better off booking a higher level room from the start? When Hilton upgrades in properties with SO many different room categories will I get a 'better' upgrade by booking a higher category room from the outset or will I likely be upgraded to the same by booking the cheapest rate?

Thanks in advance!
Hate to say this but Gold is not going to "buy" you much. There are no "executive" level rooms, only Ali'i Tower ( my favorite and only tower I book) .
My suggestion is do anything to avoid the "back towers" International and Tapia. I have been staying here for over 30 years so listen. I would upgrade to either Rainbow ( for view) or Ali'i for comfort. Ali'i has private check in and private pool.

Good luck
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Thanks for the reply edgewood.

I'm trying to decide between an Ocean View in Ali'i or Rainbow Tower.

The difference in price is actually pretty negligible - Ł38 for the five nights - so cost isn't really a factor.

Looking at maps and pictures of the resort it seems that the chances of a room with a spectacular view are more likely in the Rainbow Tower due to it's height and reading reviews the Rainbow Tower rooms have all now been refurbished.

Is Ali'i really significantly better than Rainbow?

Does it still include free continental breakfast within the tower etc? The HHV website lists the benefits as being a private pool, fitness centre, registration etc but does not mention the breakfast.

Last edited by duckied; Jan 8, 2013 at 4:45 am
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:22 am

The difference in price is actually pretty negligible - Ł38 for the five nights - so cost isn't really a factor.

Looking at maps and pictures of the resort it seems that the chances of a room with a spectacular view are more likely in the Rainbow Tower due to it's height and reading reviews the Rainbow Tower rooms have all now been refurbished.

Does it still include free continental breakfast within the tower etc? The HHV website lists the benefits as being a private pool, fitness centre, registration etc but does not mention the breakfast.
The Rainbow Tower is right out by the beach and not obstructed by much. I think you'll get a decent view no matter which side of the tower you're on.

My only trip to the HHV, I booked a Resort View room using an AXON award but I had no idea which tower I would be in. I was given a partial ocean view room in the Ali'i tower but I was a pretty disappointed with it. It was on the 3rd floor on the side next to the public park. Being on the 3rd floor, it was not above the tree line so it definitely was not even a partial ocean view room.

Long story short, an "ocean view" room may be up for interpretation in the Ali'i Tower (from my experience). If an ocean view is what you really want and the price difference is negligible, I'd say just book the Rainbow Tower.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:41 am

there is a significant difference between the two towers, Ali'i much more upscale. They do have wonderful ocean front and view windows.. A bad day at Ali'i is a good day at any other tower! There is a private pool, and pool service. Also a private gym right at the pool!!

The "breakfast" is in Rainbow Tower and is minimal at best. Too many people with kids running around, papers gone real fast, nothing hot other than toast.

Walk tight across the street and there is a local coffee shop that has been there forever and a day. GREAT comfort food and cheap ( for Hawaii) in the mornings it looks like a ant farm with many many people walking across the street !!! Breakfast at the Village is over priced and lacking in taste.

Enjoy !
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:23 pm

Have to give an update, just got back from 3 weeks in the Rainbow tower. Elevators are weird (you have to input your room number and it assigns you an elevator) but they are all working. Breakfast for diamonds is the same understocked continental mess in the rainbow terrace -crowded and running out of everything. Stayed on a high floor, loved the view, good maid service. I would avoid the valet at all costs. The driveway is part closed due to renovations, and the valet circle is a mess. Self parking is faster and cheaper. Check in still a zoo in the afternoon. But we really like it here, great beach, nice pool, and a good value and nicer beach than the Surfrider, RH, Sheraton, etc. PS, IMO the breakfast across the street, Wailana Coffee House, is awful.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by mikelevitt
Have to give an update, just got back from 3 weeks in the Rainbow tower. Elevators are weird (you have to input your room number and it assigns you an elevator) but they are all working. Breakfast for diamonds is the same understocked continental mess in the rainbow terrace -crowded and running out of everything. Stayed on a high floor, loved the view, good maid service. I would avoid the valet at all costs. The driveway is part closed due to renovations, and the valet circle is a mess. Self parking is faster and cheaper. Check in still a zoo in the afternoon. But we really like it here, great beach, nice pool, and a good value and nicer beach than the Surfrider, RH, Sheraton, etc. PS, IMO the breakfast across the street, Wailana Coffee House, is awful.
your the first person that has written a negative about the Wailana Coffee House. I have been going there for over 30 years and have yet to have a "awful" meal. But then I was not there the day you were. Too bad it's a part of the history of Waikiki

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.