Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Note that Visa signature promotion has just been extended through March 2010. With that promotion it is possible to book rooms at HHV for $134 a night (just booked two the first week of February). At that price, you might want to save your points for use in a better economy...
Old Dec 22, 2009, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by coolwater56
Hi all, just joined and first time poster here.

The wife and I love HHV and have stayed there several times staying at the Rainbow Tower and Diamond Head Tower Suite as a HH Gold member and always received some sort of Upgrade whether its buffet coupons or a room.

I have recently attained Diamond Status and I have booked reservations for Feb 2010 using my Reward Points for 8 free nights and paying out of pocket for the 9th night and was wondering what sort of UG's can a Diamond Level expect.

Currently on the reservation it states Resort Room with King Bed.
W/the arrival of NOR1 at the HHV, you should expect no more than a one class upgrade; so in this case - a partial view; you may get something more - but it is entirely likely that you will be asked to pay for the something more

I'm hoping for a Rainbow Tower, corner room, oceanview, king bed upgrade and maybe if I'm lucky a suite in the Rainbow. I contacted the Hotel and they stated I'll have to wait until I arrive which makes sense (sort of).

Second choice would be any oceanview, king bed room or suite.

If I could confirm a Suite then I would bring my older daughter (over 21) to stay with us for a few days too. She'd love it. But having 3 adults in a typical Resort room is pretty cramped with the daughter sleeping on a cot or what else?

Is there a trick or tricks to locking in something ahead of arrival or a managers email address I can send a note to. And any guesses to Hotel capacity during Feb?
The earliest you will hear/learn of upgrade is about 36 hrs prior to arrival. Check your reservation and you may see something more than "resort room" etc..

I have also heard that the Breakfast Buffet in the Rainbow Lanai has slipped a little in terms of quality. the wife and I always loved those buffets whether they were in the Tapa or Rainbow. Any new updates to this?
The Diamond/GLD breakfast option is quite minimal now: coffee, juice, muffins, nothing close to the Tapa option offered to Diamond/GLD in the past.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Question about Diamond upgrades: the rules state that subject to availability, I should get an Executive Floor room.

1) At the HHV, what exactly does that mean ? Is the upgrade to the Executive Floor in the same tower, or would they also put a Diamond on the Executive Floor in a different Tower ?

2) Are Executive Level rooms the ones with "Executive" in the name, i.e. Rainbow Executive King, Alii Executive King Corner and Tapa Executive Double ?

3) We'd like to stay in either the Rainbow Corner Oceanfront or the Rainbow Executive King Room. What category do you think we should book ? We were thinking of booking a Rainbow Oceanfront King (which is the minimum we really want).

4) Is the VIP lounge at the Rainbow tower for all Diamonds or only the ones staying at that tower ?

5) What kind of breakfast is offered to Diamonds nowadays ? Any way to pay to upgrade ?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by huegli
Question about Diamond upgrades: the rules state that subject to availability, I should get an Executive Floor room.

1) At the HHV, what exactly does that mean ? Is the upgrade to the Executive Floor in the same tower, or would they also put a Diamond on the Executive Floor in a different Tower ?
If you are offered an upgrade to an Executive room, there is no guarantee that it will be in the same tower as the original room you booked. Of course, if you are that set on a specific tower, you do not have to accept it.

2) Are Executive Level rooms the ones with "Executive" in the name, i.e. Rainbow Executive King, Alii Executive King Corner and Tapa Executive Double ?
Yes

3) We'd like to stay in either the Rainbow Corner Oceanfront or the Rainbow Executive King Room. What category do you think we should book ? We were thinking of booking a Rainbow Oceanfront King (which is the minimum we really want).
That all depends on your budget. If you *really* want a certain type of room, the only way to guarantee you'll receive it is to book that room. An upgrade from the Oceanfront King could be a Corner room, but it may also be an upgrade to the Ali'i Tower

4) Is the VIP lounge at the Rainbow tower for all Diamonds or only the ones staying at that tower ?
All Diamonds are allowed in, however, the snack/beverage options are very very limited

5) What kind of breakfast is offered to Diamonds nowadays ? Any way to pay to upgrade ?
See my answer two posts above this. As for paying to upgrade, you can opt to pay for buffet breakfast at the list price or book a room w/breakfast included.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Diamond at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Any way to get a deal on parking? $25 a day is rediculous!!!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 8:06 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No.

You might look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...ns-thread.html

But very high parking charges are pretty standard for most Waikiki hotels of the HHV class.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:10 pm

Hilton Hawaiian Village for Gold VIP's gym/paradise pass?

Can any Gold VIP's that have visited this hotel recently tell me what amenities are included for GOLD's?
I understand the breakfast is just pastries now. How much is it to upgrade to the full buffet?
Also, when we were there a few years ago we got breakfast certs for our two kids as well (ages 8 and 10). Do they still do this?

Is the $20 per day Paradise Pass at HHV worth it?
Is there a charge to use the Gym for Hilton Gold members if we don't get the Paradise Pass?

Last time we had a nice corner room in the Tapa Tower and liked it.
We'd like to stay in the Rainbow tower this time are the rooms as big as the Tapa Tower? We had a king bed with a pull out sofa in Tapa tower which worked out good for us do they have this setup in the Rainbow tower?
Thanks.
D.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Originally Posted by psubill78
Any way to get a deal on parking? $25 a day is rediculous!!!
Yes, there is a marina across the lagoon from the Rainbow tower that has parking for $.25/hour or $6/24 hours. I used it on the couple days I rented a car and was staying at the HHV last month.

Take a look at the satellite view on google maps or something similar and you will be able to spot it.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
Yes, there is a marina across the lagoon from the Rainbow tower that has parking for $.25/hour or $6/24 hours. I used it on the couple days I rented a car and was staying at the HHV last month.

Take a look at the satellite view on google maps or something similar and you will be able to spot it.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a look.... $6 a day isn't bad at all.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Beat me to it. There always seems to be ample parking there. It was free along the beach until 4pm or so (these spots are near the Lagoon Tower). Be careful returning to a spot near the meters around 10pm as they tend to fill up by then.
Beyond the meters are more spots that cost the same, but they require you to put money in a box that corrosponds to your spot. I used it a few times. Seems the meters go heywire every once in a while too.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:29 pm

Any Reviews of Kalia Tower

We will be doing 8 nights via HGVC in the Kalia tower this March. Just wondering if anyone here could give me their take/review of it.

The parking suggestions in other threads were great to find.

CV
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:43 pm

Does anyone have any recent experience staying in the Kalia Tower? The last post I could find about it was from when they first opened.

Any reviews and/or suggestions to make our upcoming stay more enjoyable would be appreciated.

CV
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalVol
Does anyone have any recent experience staying in the Kalia Tower? The last post I could find about it was from when they first opened.

Any reviews and/or suggestions to make our upcoming stay more enjoyable would be appreciated.

CV
The numerous Hilton Hawaiian Village threads are pretty comprehensive. The Kalia tower is simply one of several options at that large property.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:03 pm

Thanks!

I was trying to get specific info to avoid wading through 100's or more posts in generic threads.

Is there a way to do a search that will bring up specific posts as opposed to threads?

Thanks, again.

CV

Scratch that...I figured it out in the advanced search. I had missed the little check-off at the bottom about showing posts or threads. Noob mistake
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Spg, AA, United
Just completed a 6 night award stay at the HHV. Very disappointed with stay. Grounds are lovely, but rooms in the Rainbow Tower are very dated. Mold, etc. Requested an upgrade as gold but would not provide unless we paid despite availability. I had the sense that all decent rooms at the property are considered to be an upgrade. 2 towels a day. Sheets changed on 4th day. Personnel routinely doing there jobs. Hotel has no charm. Prices are expensive and quality is poor. Finished up last night of trip at the Hyatt. What a difference.

All in all, I would not recommend HHV but for a family with small children as pools are nice and beach is protected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.