Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by greg0ire
Where are we SFO or JFK?
Worse: Waikiki
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Worse: Waikiki
Touche
Old Oct 9, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA,AC,DL
Drop people off at the HHV and try parking next door at the Hale Koa. You will have a 5-10 minute walk depending which building you are in, but it is MUCH cheaper. I can't remember exactly how much, others here may know.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by jestme
Drop people off at the HHV and try parking next door at the Hale Koa. You will have a 5-10 minute walk depending which building you are in, but it is MUCH cheaper. I can't remember exactly how much, others here may know.
Thank you. It almost sounded really good. It's $7 for guests and $18 for military, but $36 for general parking.

Edit: I see it's $16/day for a multi-day pass for the general public. That should work. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 7:50 am

I have an Ocean View Room booked at the HHV. I am Gold (and have the "upgrade" option chosen), but the hotel is very full, so I do not anticipate getting an upgrade (which would be to a Rainbow Tower Ocean View). Given that, is there a tower I should request (knowing that it very well might not be granted).

According to the room description, the options are: Diamond Head, Tapa, and Kalia. From what I can see, Diamond Head would be the one I'd most like to avoid. I know that Kalia is farthest from the water, but I am attending a conference at the Hawaii Conference Center, so Kalia is closest to that.

As I said, I know that this would just be a request, but I figured I might as well try (assuming that there is a "best" option).

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frontenac551
According to the room description, the options are: Diamond Head, Tapa, and Kalia. From what I can see, Diamond Head would be the one I'd most like to avoid. I know that Kalia is farthest from the water, but I am attending a conference at the Hawaii Conference Center, so Kalia is closest to that..
The distances you are contemplating here (i.e. farthest from the ocean, etc . . .) are not that great, only a couple of minutes.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
The distances you are contemplating here (i.e. farthest from the ocean, etc . . .) are not that great, only a couple of minutes.
True. I just figured that it might make a difference if done multiple times per day (I know that reviews often seem to mention the different distances). Would you recommend one tower over another?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frontenac551
True. I just figured that it might make a difference if done multiple times per day (I know that reviews often seem to mention the different distances). Would you recommend one tower over another?
I prefer the DH over the Tapa (DH has much larger balconies). I haven't stayed in Kalia so I can't comment.

If you are in the Tapa be sure that you get a room on a very high floor - otherwise the view will limited by buildings.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA,AC,DL
The ocean side of the Kalia has a complete view of the HHV and the ocean, but you are looking at it over the parking garage / and HHV convention center, (not to be confused with the Hawaii Convention Center). It also has the small balconies. Kalia does have it's own pool and hot tub, in the sun most of the day. The pool at the Tapa is almost always in the shade, so it doesn't get much use. There is also a "city view" side to the Tapa, and Kalia, where you can't really see the water. Ask at check in, as a GOLD, you should be able to get something decent.When you arrive at check in, make sure you go to the HH line. It is around the corner from the line you see when you get there, and is much shorter.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:25 pm

I am pondering converting an upcoming stay to a 1 BR "resort view" in the new HGVC Grand Waikikian Tower as it is the same price as our reserved Ali'i tower "resort view" room. From the HHonors benefits it looks as if the complimentary breakfast for Diamonds is not a benefit while staying in this tower. Are admittance coupons or room number checked when going for the VIP breakfast? Or do you just show your HHonors card? Is there anyone who has any recent experiences in either of these towers? A post on the tripadvisor forum mentioned that several of the benefits in the Ali'i tower are now gone (robes, welcome fruit, hor'duerves) so I am not sure what the value of this tower is over the others save the private pool.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:08 pm

When are you staying there?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by greg0ire
Thank you. It almost sounded really good. It's $7 for guests and $18 for military, but $36 for general parking.

Edit: I see it's $16/day for a multi-day pass for the general public. That should work. Thanks.
Last few times I was there (some years ago now), we always parked overnight at the free public parking lot adjacent to the HHV, on the coast. Is that option no longer available?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 1:32 pm

Parking is a no brainer. The lot at the marina is 25 cents an hour with a 24 hour maximum. It makes sense to overnight it there instead of paying $24 per day. Free parking is also available from 4:30AM to 10:30PM.

The two 2 bedroom suites in the lagoon tower were very nice. Great view of the ocean and fireworks on Friday at 7:45pm. Locals seemed upset about fireworks since kids don't have school on Friday due to budget crisis.

I'll hang around this thread if anyone is headed that way and has questions.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Are all Alii tower oceanfront rooms situated on high floors?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Are all Alii tower oceanfront rooms situated on high floors?
I was in the Lagoon Tower, but I'm going to guess not since a woman on the 4th floor of my tower complained that a palm tree was blocking her view of the ocean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.