Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
You might also check your reservation as your stay approaches to see whether guaranteed upgrades are available for an amount you're willing to pay. We had a reward stay at the HWV on the Big Island recently. About 4 weeks before our stay I looked at our reservation online and there was an offer to upgrade us to an ocean view room for just 2,288 points per night. I grabbed this and was very glad I did. We ended up on the top floor of the Ocean Tower with a great view.

I don't know whether the HHV will offer anything similar but it can't hurt to check your reservation from time to time to see if there are any offers that appeal to you.
Now you can get "premium" awards, like you did pay more points per night for a guaranteed upgraded room. I just did this for HHV Ali'i Tower ocean front. well worth it.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bump - anyone?

Originally Posted by azepine00
What is the cheapest parking nearby right now (Marina?)

I am spoiled by my stays on the other end of Waikiki where I could find relatively cheap $10-15/day parking but the situation does not look particularly promising here.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I look at it this way...the HHV does not charge a resort fee, and many of the other properties do. To me that makes the valet parking charge a wash financially, and it is so much more convenient to have your car right where you are.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
bump - anyone?
No good options on parking, but if you're willing to walk see the ES thread, I put in some ideas about parking at the USPS station.

You can also try to find street parking where the old Holiday Inn was, about 5 min walk.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I look at it this way...the HHV does not charge a resort fee, and many of the other properties do. To me that makes the valet parking charge a wash financially, and it is so much more convenient to have your car right where you are.
Your right especially in light of what the Hyatt is now charging!!!

Will be back the end of January and looking forward to a peaceful visit in the Ali'i Towers.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Your right especially in light of what the Hyatt is now charging!!!

Will be back the end of January and looking forward to a peaceful visit in the Ali'i Towers.
Behind hyatt on Kuhio you can easily park for $10-15. There are no clear alternatives if you are at HHV.

That being said valet service was quite good though and worth a few extra $ just to get out and eat somewhere. Kailua seems to be a growing foodie place - lots of great restaurants and easier parking than many HNL/waikiki locations. Worth a short and scenic drive.

Sadly HHV and the immediate surrounding area is devoid of reasonable food. Room service delivery charge is $12 (I kid you not). Buffet breakfast is $30 and it's very sad and limited. Dia gets you $8 off. Complimentary continental breakfast while limited is probably a better deal (with a nice view too) - unless you think a pathetic omelet with only 5 possible toppings after 15 min in line is worth $22. Ouch. I wanted to spend some money there but I refused to throw my money away.

We had a great renovated room with marina view - that was a big plus but outside it was way too crowded and overpriced. I wish HHV offered smth more practical than what they have now...

Last edited by azepine00; Jan 3, 2012 at 2:44 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:11 am
AGS

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Sadly HHV and the immediate surrounding area is devoid of reasonable food.
...with the exception of the Wailana Coffee House.

AGS
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:03 am

Behind hyatt on Kuhio you can easily park for $10-15. There are no clear alternatives if you are at HHV.

That being said valet service was quite good though and worth a few extra $ just to get out and eat somewhere. Kailua seems to be a growing foodie place - lots of great restaurants and easier parking than many HNL/waikiki locations. Worth a short and scenic drive.

Sadly HHV and the immediate surrounding area is devoid of reasonable food. Room service delivery charge is $12 (I kid you not). Buffet breakfast is $30 and it's very sad and limited. Dia gets you $8 off. Complimentary continental breakfast while limited is probably a better deal (with a nice view too) - unless you think a pathetic omelet with only 5 possible toppings after 15 min in line is worth $22. Ouch. I wanted to spend some money there but I refused to throw my money away.

We had a great renovated room with marina view - that was a big plus but outside it was way too crowded and overpriced. I wish HHV offered smth more practical than what they have now...
For breakfast you can simply walk across the street to the "Coffee Shop" which has been there for more years than I can count. Great local food, look at the lines of people walking across to eat there! A short walk down the beach brings you to Leward Street and all it's offerings.

I do agree on how crowded it can be but it's Hawaii! We stay at the Ali"i Towers private pool and check in / out. Not a snob rather hate the crowds

Mahalo
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I currently have an award res for a room with a king size bed. I want 2 double beds. Should I call a few days before and ask them for something else? Who would I call? I have Hilton Gold.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:18 am

I'll be at this resort in March from the 6th - 30th on an award stay and I'm a Diamond (have been for a few years). What have people's experiences been on getting upgraded to the Rainbow Tower for a King Corner oceanfront at this property on a stay like mine?

I put a request in with the Front Desk already, but I'm curious to know. I also hear that during part of my stay I'll be here during Spring Break and I'm hoping that as a result people will be booking lower rate rows and this will keep some availability for an upgrade for me.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by hyprspeed
I'll be at this resort in March from the 6th - 30th on an award stay and I'm a Diamond (have been for a few years). What have people's experiences been on getting upgraded to the Rainbow Tower for a King Corner oceanfront at this property on a stay like mine?

I put a request in with the Front Desk already, but I'm curious to know. I also hear that during part of my stay I'll be here during Spring Break and I'm hoping that as a result people will be booking lower rate rows and this will keep some availability for an upgrade for me.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I can tell you that i the 35 years or so that I have been staying here, Diamond many year in a row (too many) the "back room" assigns rooms within the week that your stay begins, many times 48 to 72 hours before. My suggestion would be call the Diamond desk ask them to put your request in a note to the hotel and the wait. Check your reservation right before you leave and you may see it. Otherwise what and see when you get there.

What I am doing now is using the option to pay more points for the upgrade and not having to worry about the room. We love the Ali'i Tower for many reason, so paying the "vig" is worth it.!

Mahola
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:26 am

I'll be at this resort in March from the 6th - 30th on an award stay..
A 24 night award stay? What is that costing you in points?

No interest in splitting your visit between HHV and another island / another property?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:53 am

I may change it up when I'm there, but right now there is a lot to explore on that island and from folks that tell me who have been there, Oahu is the best island for a single person to be at

It's costing me 900,000 points lol. Nothing like a good divorce to motivate you to take a month off and enjoy tropical paradise right?

I'll be on Hawaii with a friend of mine for a week so I'll get a taste of that island. Given inter island flights are coming up around $200 i'm not sure I want to island hop a lot.

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
A 24 night award stay? What is that costing you in points?

No interest in splitting your visit between HHV and another island / another property?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
For that long I wouldn't want to be in a place without a kitchen and a guaranteed living room (not hoping for an upgrade). Can you use your points on the timeshare part of the HHV?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:56 pm

I may change it up when I'm there, but right now there is a lot to explore on that island and from folks that tell me who have been there, Oahu is the best island for a single person to be at

It's costing me 900,000 points lol. Nothing like a good divorce to motivate you to take a month off and enjoy tropical paradise right?

I'll be on Hawaii with a friend of mine for a week so I'll get a taste of that island. Given inter island flights are coming up around $200 i'm not sure I want to island hop a lot.
you should be able to get inter island flight much cheaper than that try GO !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.