Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by ffdom
ive stayed at hhv a dozen times, and 5 times this year, with 4 more to go...don't use your points, save them for expensive overseas hotels in tokyo, london etc. the next trip in a couple of weeks was $145 a night, including the 5th night at $50 - ouch, they must have been hurting when they released that rate...
How did you get that rate? Is there a special link to go through?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by LAChargers
How did you get that rate? Is there a special link to go through?
It is called the Aloha rate and books for a standard resort, requires a five night minimum. (It also includes a 50 food credit).

If you can't find it using hilton.com, then go to hiltonhawaiianvillage.com and click on the "specials and packages" link.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by bdemaria
It is called the Aloha rate and books for a standard resort, requires a five night minimum. (It also includes a 50 food credit).

If you can't find it using hilton.com, then go to hiltonhawaiianvillage.com and click on the "specials and packages" link.
Lowest I saw was $219 for the days I want to go in August with the Aloha rate.

Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
yes that rate is gone now. but they change very often. since i am staying at hhv so much i usually make the reservations 6 months in advance but check back every few weeks. rates have fluctuated enormously - from $259 to the $145 rate. The later is the lowest i have seen.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, Sky Miles Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver, et al
Here's a trip update after my recent 6-night reward stay (GLONP2). I also added a 2nd room for my 2 kids after finding a $145/night rate.

I emailed the manager prior to my stay and asked about my upgrade options. He upgraded both my rooms to the Rainbow Tower. I was given a corner room (an "01") and a connecting room for an extra $90 per night for both. The resort was sold out, so I didn't mind paying the extra to get in the Rainbow Tower. The 01 corner room has a 270 degree view from Diamond Head to Pearl Harbor.

The Rainbow Tower is next to the beach and super pool and makes it very convenient. It is also close to the new Paradise pool with the water slides (which was our kids' favorite). Also, we watched the Friday night fireworks from our 21st floor balcony. It is amazing to see the shells explode at eye level from about 50 yards away. We lucked out as they also had a special Saturday night fireworks show for a group of Sony employees.

Like everything else on Waikiki, the resort dining is very expensive. We did our best to go outside the resort to find more reasonable options. The Wailana Coffee House is right across the street from the HHV and has okay food at reasonable prices. If you have a car, use Frommer's/Foder's or ask the valet to direct you to some local hangouts that will suite your taste.

As noted in earlier posts, the HHV recently opened a VIP lounge for breakfast. They offer fresh fruit, a couple of pastries, boiled eggs, juice and coffee. No frills, but a great way to start the day by eating and relaxing on the patio.

The place was packed, so finding a lounge chair by the pool was almost impossible unless you arrived early. That said, Waikiki is only a few steps away and had plenty of room.

The staff was friendly and we never had to wait for anything, in spite of the crowds. Use the coupon book they give you as there are some savings to be had. But don't just camp at the resort. There is much more to see on Oahu. We checked with the concierge for suggestions on a few occasions. The concierge quality was hit or miss, but each of them really pushed the time-share package (I almost asked one of them if they got a commission on time-share sales).

If you realize going in that you'll be staying at a mega-resort and all that comes with it, you will have a great time here.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
Originally Posted by goal2gosports
Here's a trip update after my recent 6-night reward stay (GLONP2). I also added a 2nd room for my 2 kids after finding a $145/night rate.

I emailed the manager prior to my stay and asked about my upgrade options. He upgraded both my rooms to the Rainbow Tower. I was given a corner room (an "01") and a connecting room for an extra $90 per night for both.
So your out of pocket was $235/night?

Last edited by NWstu; Aug 6, 2009 at 2:43 pm Reason: bad addition
Old Aug 7, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, Sky Miles Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver, et al
Originally Posted by NWstu
So your out of pocket was $235/night?
$235 plus T,T & L. Plus 175k points.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
Just returned from my 6 night stay. The $145 rate included the 5th night for only $50, and a $50 dining credit. Upgraded to Alli tower with garden view. Rooms are definitely quite faded but service was great. Free breakfast for two as a gold at the Rainbow VIP terrace - just fruit and pastries; hard boiled eggs are the only protein! Redone Tropics Bar is nice - food is actually really good (the Ahi Tuna salad was yummy). Cocktails like Mai Tais up to $10 again.

The resort was PACKED - desk told me they were sold out, with 99% occupancy. Even though otehr properties further down Waikiki were much emptier. Said September was running about 60-70%. There again middle of the month.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by goal2gosports

I emailed the manager prior to my stay and asked about my upgrade options. He upgraded both my rooms to the Rainbow Tower. I was given a corner room (an "01") and a connecting room for an extra $90 per night for both. The resort was sold out, so I didn't mind paying the extra to get in the Rainbow Tower. The 01 corner room has a 270 degree view from Diamond Head to Pearl Harbor.

The Rainbow Tower is next to the beach and super pool and makes it very convenient. It is also close to the new Paradise pool with the water slides (which was our kids' favorite). Also, we watched the Friday night fireworks from our 21st floor balcony. It is amazing to see the shells explode at eye level from about 50 yards away. We lucked out as they also had a special Saturday night fireworks show for a group of Sony employees.

Like everything else on Waikiki, the resort dining is very expensive. We did our best to go outside the resort to find more reasonable options. The Wailana Coffee House is right across the street from the HHV and has okay food at reasonable prices. If you have a car, use Frommer's/Foder's or ask the valet to direct you to some local hangouts that will suite your taste.

As noted in earlier posts, the HHV recently opened a VIP lounge for breakfast. They offer fresh fruit, a couple of pastries, boiled eggs, juice and coffee. No frills, but a great way to start the day by eating and relaxing on the patio.

The place was packed, so finding a lounge chair by the pool was almost impossible unless you arrived early. That said, Waikiki is only a few steps away and had plenty of room.

The staff was friendly and we never had to wait for anything, in spite of the crowds. Use the coupon book they give you as there are some savings to be had. But don't just camp at the resort. There is much more to see on Oahu. We checked with the concierge for suggestions on a few occasions. The concierge quality was hit or miss, but each of them really pushed the time-share package (I almost asked one of them if they got a commission on time-share sales).

If you realize going in that you'll be staying at a mega-resort and all that comes with it, you will have a great time here.

Thanks for your review. BTW, how can I contact the manager by email? Could you let me know email address? I don't find it now.. And, I reserved by some travel agency. In this case, can I get any kind of upgrade as a gold member?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
Me and the Mrs just returned from our 7 night stay. Was cheerfully upgraded to the rainbow tower with nice diamond head view. Weather was great and the service was wonderful.

As mentioned in previous posts the new HH VIP Louge has open in the Rainbow Tower. The fruit is very good with plenty of coffee and teas available; even the hard boiled eggs are yummy when sliced and placed in a bagget for a breakfast sandwitch. However, since I know that the Hilton folks do monitor this site I will make the following recommendation: please invest in a few toasters and put out some bread. I would also recommend a few extra tables and chairs for 2 people - it was pretty packed when I was there and most of the 4 person table were occupied by a single person or a couple. This made it more difficult for small families to sit down together.

I would also agree that the Tropics bar has improved. The food was good. For those liking salads, I would recommend the Asian Chicken. However, at $10.00 a pop I'd stay away from the fruity drinks and stick with a local brew on tap.

As usual, the Hilton staff made us feel at home. It was a pleasure to stay there again; and I look forward to my next visit next March. Aloha

Note: If you are a DOD government traveler I would recommend you try the Hale Koa next door for Brunch at $13.95 for adults (Monday thru Saturday). I wasn't there Sunday morning but was told the Sunday Bruch is fabulous (cost more too). All you need to do is show your DOD CAC at the restaurant and your in. You can also use the hotel's travel department; you will save a bundle (up to 50%) on what you would pay through the Hilton or any other Hotel. Again all you need is your DOD CAC.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 3:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
Self parking is now $24 a day!

Aloha! I just returned from a fun stay at the HHV thru the GVClub.

Parking has gone up so take note! During checkin was notified that Blackstone has added "improvements."

Also, during the timeshare presentation, I was also notified that HHV is the most profitable of all Hilton properties. I was curious if anyone here can confirm that.

And has anyone noted that the new Starlight Luau show (Sun thru Thu) is on the roof of the parking structure? While they added a few more spaces with the connection to the Grand Waikikian, I doubt they make up for the roof parking. Anyone staying at the Lagoon or Rainbow tower with rooms that overlook the parking structure now get a free show! I guess it's like the guests of the towers overlooking the Super pool that get the Friday show and fireworks.

I did also enjoy the new pool with the water slides beside the Grand Waikikian; however, it was the week after Labor Day so I'm sure a busier pool would make the long waits for the slides less fun. The odd position of the slides/pool mean that only half of the new pool area gets sun, until around noon when the sun is overhead and is able to shine over the whole pool area.

Cheers!

Last edited by LAX Gambit; Sep 16, 2009 at 3:19 am
Old Oct 3, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
8 of us are staying here in a couple of 2 bedroom suites the first week of November. I'm not excited about paying $24/day for self parking. Any tricks or alternatives? Does a taxi or some kind of shuttle from the airport make more sense if we don't plan on doing a lot of travelling around? Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by greg0ire
I'm not excited about paying $24/day for self parking. Any tricks or alternatives? Does a taxi or some kind of shuttle from the airport make more sense if we don't plan on doing a lot of travelling around? Thanks.
There's a public parking lot at the marina next to HHV on the Grand Waikikian side. I've read that you can get 3-day passes and that it's metered parking, quarters only with a 24-hour limit so you would need to move the car daily. I can't confirm which or both since I've never rented a car on Oahu.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by greg0ire
8 of us are staying here in a couple of 2 bedroom suites the first week of November. I'm not excited about paying $24/day for self parking. Any tricks or alternatives? Does a taxi or some kind of shuttle from the airport make more sense if we don't plan on doing a lot of travelling around? Thanks.
I've stayed at the HHV on numerous occasions and never rented a car. From the airport, I usually take Roberts Shuttle, which (IIRC correctly) is 9/one way and 15rt. For a party as large as yours: probably best to take two taxis. There are some services that run shuttles around the central beach area (i.e., Hilo Hatties).
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Just learned that the rental has been Pricelined so now we have to park. $24 just isn't right. Where are we SFO or JFK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.