Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:42 am

The "two person" wording is standard on all reward certificates, as is the provision that the certifiucate is only valid for a "standard" room. Being standard, the same provision would also apply to the HHV

If the four of you can fit (comfortably) into a "standard" room without requesting extra bedding, towels, soap, etc., etc., then you should not have a problem unless you happen to strike a rule happy check-in agent. YMMV always applies

If you insist on extrad beds, etc. then you should be prepared to fork over the additional $50.

Embassy Suites may also have some controls over the numberof breakfast.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Having just come back from HHV using the AXON award, I can tell you they did not charge me extra for a 3rd adult.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by SixString
Having just come back from HHV using the AXON award, I can tell you they did not charge me extra for a 3rd adult.

The OP asks about FOUR adults. Can you help with this very specific request?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by squarevince
The one thing to be warned about the rainbow tower... the fireworks on Friday night are *right in front of you*. This means that you will get the full concussive force of them in your room - which is a bit unnerving if you've just fallen asleep for a power nap with the window open...
I managed to get video of the last few seconds of the fireworks show. This is from the 6th floor on the Rainbow Tower. I think being on the Lanai just amplified the sound. It was incredibly loud!

Fireworks at the HHV
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Sixstring,

Thanks for the links to the video clips. I'll be at the HHV in February and it looks great.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
At my last stay here I also had an AXON award and had 4 adults in my room. I was not charged the extra person fees and got a nice upgrade in the Tapa Tower. I only received 2 breakfast coupons though.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
The OP asks about FOUR adults. Can you help with this very specific request?
The condition is that rewards are only valid for double occupancy. However, most US hotels waive it. (I have never been charged for extra adults on an award stay.) The fact that this particular hotel has opted to waive it for a third person would be relevant.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:02 pm
TLA

Thumbs down Fitness Center - Kalia Tower

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but use of the Fitness Center in the Kalia Tower is no longer free for HHonors elites. The "discounted" cost is $9 per visit.

We were told that this is because Hilton doesn't own the fitness center. I am hoping that we don't run into this at other locations, mainly HWV.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by TLA
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but use of the Fitness Center in the Kalia Tower is no longer free for HHonors elites. The "discounted" cost is $9 per visit.

We were told that this is because Hilton doesn't own the fitness center. I am hoping that we don't run into this at other locations, mainly HWV.
I think that's been true for a couple of years now (at least). I haven't been to HHV since 2006 and it was true then.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gvaughn
I think that's been true for a couple of years now (at least). I haven't been to HHV since 2006 and it was true then.
It wasn't free in 2003, so it's been more than a couple of years.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 7:36 pm
TLA

Interesting. When we checked in at the Kalia, we were told that the fee would be implemented beginning in December (and since we were there in November, it would still be free). And when we went to the gym, we were told that the fee was already in place. Right hand, please meet the left hand.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by TLA
Interesting. When we checked in at the Kalia, we were told that the fee would be implemented beginning in December (and since we were there in November, it would still be free). And when we went to the gym, we were told that the fee was already in place. Right hand, please meet the left hand.
Hmmm...I wonder if it has anything to do with HGVC vs. Hilton (since the Kalia tower is an HGVC timeshare property). It may be that it was free to those staying at the Kalia tower, but not to those staying on the hotel side of HHV or other HGVC members staying at the other HGVC property(s). Since I've never stayed at the Kalia tower (but I have stayed at the Rainbow Tower as a hotel guest and at the Lagoon tower several times as a timeshare guest), and I wonder if that might be the difference. Or perhaps it hasn't been free for quite a while but someone was very confused...

Anyone else recently (in the last year or so) who might know more and actually gotten spa services free?
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by TLA
Huh? Isn't free gym access a *silver* benefit?

"Complimentary Health Club Privileges

Enjoy complimentary access to the health club or fitness center during your stay, at hotel owned and operated facilities."
Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by linsj
It wasn't free in 2003, so it's been more than a couple of years.
When I stayed at the HHV in Oct/Nov 2007, it was free to use the gym in the Kalia tower. Even though I was upgraded to the Ali'i tower (with its own gym), I preferred the equipment @ Kalia (tons of weights, machines, etc). Heck, I even jumped in the pool over there a few times after finishing my workout.

FWIW, if anyone swims (more than splashing around) and wants a good place to swim, the Ala Moana Beach has a great setup, you start at the lifeguard stand, and there's markers at 500m and 1000m. It is pretty much a straight shot, deep water (unlike the beach in front to the HHV), there's tons of other swimmers, and the surfers generally stay away. Plus it is an easy walk/jog from the HHV; I left my shoes/shirt/etc near the lifeguard stand and it was all fine.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by sensei
Huh? Isn't free gym access a *silver* benefit?

"Complimentary Health Club Privileges

Enjoy complimentary access to the health club or fitness center during your stay, at hotel owned and operated facilities."
Apparently this is gym is not hotel owned/operated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.