Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian VillageŽ Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2008, 8:59 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
There is a very extensive thread on the HHV in this forum already. It may contain the information you seek:

Hilton Hawaiian VillageŽ Beach Resort & Spa
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First
Thanks for the link. I am familiar with the very long HHV thread and went through all 97 pages. I am looking for current info about the HHV rooms and the thread does not seem to cover my questions regarding room size and quality of furnishings.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL, Hhonors Gold
I believe the tower with the spa in it is the nicest. I'll have to look up the name.

edited... nope... never mind... that's the tower we were in last year.

The "exclusive" tower is the Ali'i tower.

Also, last year they were draining the lagoon to add another tower... so perhaps the new one is available?

(also, that monster HHV thread is useless.... way too much outdated information... It should be locked and a new one started).

Last edited by spleenstomper; Jun 29, 2008 at 2:01 pm
Old Jun 29, 2008, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL, Hhonors Gold
Last year, staying 2 nights on award bookings, we were "upgraded" to the Kalia tower, high floor, city view. This was the beginning of June.

Next time, I will try a fax. It wasn't that big of a deal for us, though, because DH and I seem to prefer city views anyway.... people watch, the sights and sounds... etc. (we live in the country by choice and so we forget how much action is in a city).
Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by spleenstomper
Also, last year they were draining the lagoon to add another tower... so perhaps the new one is available?
The lagoon is still there and greatly improved. The new tower is timeshare only and is scheduled to open in December.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by spleenstomper
They weren't draining the lagoon to add a new tower over it but were draining the lagoon to fix it up so that it can be usable. The lagoon has reopened; the new tower is mauka of the lagoon next to the parking garage.

Edit: note that linsj beat me to it.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 4:14 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
We've stayed in the Rainbow Tower (probably a dozen and a half times) and in the Tapa Tower (three times).

For two-bedded rooms the Tapa Tower rooms are bigger -- particularly if you can get a corner room.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 4:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
We've stayed in the Rainbow Tower (probably a dozen and a half times) and in the Tapa Tower (three times).

For two-bedded rooms the Tapa Tower rooms are bigger -- particularly if you can get a corner room.
How was the Tapa Tower in general -- i.e. ambience, noise, etc.?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 4:58 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

High floors are very nice. And recently remodeled. In fact, be sure to ask for a remodeled room. I don't know where they are on the project but **think** they started with the upper floors.

Just a note: ANY room at any tower is going to be city-noisy in the evenings. It's Waikiki. If you're on the lanai or have the door open, you'll hear the band from the Tapa Bar, you'll hear police sirens, you'll hear traffic. It's the city.

But, of course, the higher up, the (somewhat) less noise.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:18 am

Just returned from the HHV. We were in Tapa room # 1729. It was a nice corner King room with a sleeper sofa. It was at least twice the size of a standard room. Enjoy!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, DL 1M, HH Diamond, PC Amb Plat, Hyatt Plat, * Wood Gold, MR Silver
I have stayed in Tapa and Rainbow. My stay in the Tapa tower was without an upgrade. It was a very small 2 bedded room.

The regular rooms in the Rainbow tower seemed larger to me than the Tapa tower.

If I had my choice of getting a regular room in the Tapa vs Rainbow tower, I would take Rainbow.

Goz
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:08 am

Thanks. I've only been in high-floor, upgraded Tapa rooms. Iirc, all the rooms in the Rainbow tower are the same size, except for the corner ones which are a bit larger with two lanais.

Given your report on the non-upgraded Tapa rooms, I'd agree with your recommendation.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd
The longer the stay, the more difficult. The HHV/HWV may have the highest percentage of HHonors elites on any given day of any HHonors property.

On the other hand, it certainly doesn't hurt to ask: I'd send a nice fax, explaining that it's your first time in Hawai`i, or your honeymoon, or your anniversary, or your first time away from the kids in 700 years, or whatever and ask for any consideration they might be able to give for an upgraded room.

It can't hurt; might help
How far out in advance do you think a fax is in order?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:23 am

Iirc, the cancellation is 72 hours so I'd say at about 5 days.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 5:36 pm

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
HHV Trip Report

I stayed for 6 nights on a GLON award (7-24-08). I emailed the old General Manager many months ago. I was upgraded to the rainbow tower room 2113. It had 2 balconies that overlooked the ocean and diamond head. We could watch the fireworks from our room! The room was twice the normal size with 2 bathrooms and a King bed with a sleeper sofa. There was not a divider in the room. The bed was great and the room was clean. It had a small wet bar and a small refrig. I received free continental breakfast every morning for the family of 4. I never upgraded for 10.00/5.00 child. The food was enough to fill you up. The pineapple was great as well as the psuedo krispie kreem donuts.

The pool was a little small, but not overcrowded. Lots of shade. The beach was very nice, but the chairs and umbrellas are a rip off. The lagoon is nice, but never swam in it. The resort is very nice looking with lots of animals all over the place. Make sure you see the penguins! Ate dinner at the steak house using an entertainment card. It was good. Walked to the cheesecake factory. Got right in if you go for an early dinner. ABC store on location has ok sandwiches and decent prices on all kinds of things like pop and water. Much cheaper than expected. It did not feel too crowded and I was very happy with my stay. All the employees were genuinly nice and friendly. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.