Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by jmpatrick
I have a HHV premium room reward stay in the Ali'i Tower booked for July, and I'm a Diamond HH member. Does anyone here know if I'll be charged the $30 resort fee?
I thought the Resort Fee was rather much higher. It's supposed to be waved on all award stays no matter how high it is.

You will be charged for parking at $30.00 if you have a car. When I stayed there in 2008 on an award cert (and as a Diamond), the fee was waved, but $20.00 was the parking rate (at that time) and I had to pay it.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:43 pm

Hi All,

This will be my first trip to Hawaii. I would like to find out hows the food on property, the rooms, pool, Wi-Fi speed, etc.?

Any pros and cons on this hotel?

I'll be going from December 7th to the 12th.

How are the prices then? When should I book, where should I book and what room type I should book if ever I choose this hotel?

I'll be going solo. No girls, now wife, no kids, nada. (I wish I had a girl though )

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by maortega15
Hi All,

This will be my first trip to Hawaii. I would like to find out hows the food on property, the rooms, pool, Wi-Fi speed, etc.?

Any pros and cons on this hotel?

I'll be going from December 7th to the 12th.

How are the prices then? When should I book, where should I book and what room type I should book if ever I choose this hotel?

I'll be going solo. No girls, now wife, no kids, nada. (I wish I had a girl though )

Thanks
The food is good, but id eat off property personally. Cheaper and better options. The hotel is nice. Wifi is wifi. Pools and beach are nice.

as for prices, go to the website and price it out. You can book whenever because you should be able to cancel anytime up until close to the trip.

And as for girls, its Hawaii! Get out there and meet some single folks!

Have fun.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by njxbean
The food is good, but id eat off property personally. Cheaper and better options. The hotel is nice. Wifi is wifi. Pools and beach are nice.

as for prices, go to the website and price it out. You can book whenever because you should be able to cancel anytime up until close to the trip.

And as for girls, its Hawaii! Get out there and meet some single folks!

Have fun.
Any other hotels you recommend or this is probably the best for me?

Whats the Ali Tower I think it is? I'm confused.

As for food, I plan to eat off property of course but would like to know hows the food on property just in case.

Also, how does parking work? Do I pay it everyday or the parking charge just gets added to my bill?

Thanks mate
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT

As for food, I plan to eat off property of course but would like to know hows the food on property just in case.

Also, how does parking work? Do I pay it everyday or the parking charge just gets added to my bill?

Thanks mate
Ive only stayed at this hotel and the sheraton. Both were nice. Its huge and very nice. Im not sure the difference in towers. Someone else should be able to chime in about that. i know one is nicer than the other.

As for parking they will just add it to your bill.

And the food on property was good when i had it. Nothing mind blowing though that i tasted. But i like to venture out for the majority of my meals and there are plenty of options in walking distance.

If i recall the bars close down pretty early so if your looking to go out you will definitely need to leave the resort.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I am staying here in a few weeks as a gold on an award reservation. I booked a king bed room since it was the only room available for the standard award and put in a request for a room with 2 beds during the checkout process. The hotel is now sold out for the weekend I am there. I'm assuming they'll assign a random no view king-bedded room to me now (which I totally knew was a big possibility when I had originally booked). Does the hotel have any wiggle room in such cases to grant a request to a room with 2 beds? It's Valentines Day weekend, so I assume some people/couples may want a king-bedded room over one with 2 beds.

Also, can somebody PM me the email address of a hotel contact who I can message to possibly increase my chances of getting my request for a room with 2 beds fulfilled? I know it's a longshot, but doesn't hurt to try.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat

Thanks mate
HHV is at a fairly quiet end of Waikiki Beach which means it is a bit farther from the action meaning the main strip of restaurants, bars, shopping although still very walkable.

In return you get a quiet and fairly uncrowded section of beach.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
HHV is at a fairly quiet end of Waikiki Beach which means it is a bit farther from the action meaning the main strip of restaurants, bars, shopping although still very walkable.

In return you get a quiet and fairly uncrowded section of beach.
Thanks mate.

Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
The Ali'i Tower is one of the towers (the property is many mid to high rise towers) - Ali'i is thought to be the most exclusive of them all because they have separate check-in, they are closest to the beach, have a private pool, etc... I'm sure you can see a list of the amenities on their website. What in particular is confusing you?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
The Ali'i Tower is one of the towers (the property is many mid to high rise towers) - Ali'i is thought to be the most exclusive of them all because they have separate check-in, they are closest to the beach, have a private pool, etc... I'm sure you can see a list of the amenities on their website. What in particular is confusing you?
What's confusing me is everything I guess!!

I was looking at the website and it seems that the price from the Ali'l Tower and the regular once are the same IIRC.

Now If I book this property, what should I book?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:25 pm

You can get some great bargains on the Ali'i Tower. I just booked there, ocean view, for $207 in November. We stay there often and that's a great price based on my past experience.

We always book the Ali'i tower mostly because of the private pool. Many prefer the Rainbow Tower because the rooms are bigger and the views can be much better. The other towers are usually less if you are on a budget or some are condo/timeshare type units if you need more space. Just depends what your priorities are.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
You can get some great bargains on the Ali'i Tower. I just booked there, ocean view, for $207 in November. We stay there often and that's a great price based on my past experience.

We always book the Ali'i tower mostly because of the private pool. Many prefer the Rainbow Tower because the rooms are bigger and the views can be much better. The other towers are usually less if you are on a budget or some are condo/timeshare type units if you need more space. Just depends what your priorities are.
Thanks. I'll be going solo from the 7th of December to the 12th. I plan to hit the pool but mostly I won't be at the hotel pretty much enjoying what Oahu has to offer.

When would be the best time to book for December and happen to know where I can get the best deal and rate? Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:36 pm

Have no idea...I always just go through the Hilton website. If it were me I'd be checking rates now. As I said, I think $207 is pretty good so I jumped on it and I'll continue to check to see if it goes lower.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:57 pm

You impelled me to go check my rates (hadn't done it in a while) - the OV AT room I paid $207 for is now $399! Yikes If you see a good price, grab it.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:04 pm

Thanks for making me check the rates! The rates went up from 165 to 179!

What should I get between a Resort View, Ocean View, Alii Tower resort View and Rainbow Tower Harbor/Ocean View?

Once again, I'll be going solo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.