Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Why would slipping a 20 at a restaurant be ok - it would usually mean you would get ahead of those who were waiting, or get a better table to the detriment of those waiting, so how is it different?

I don't even do it in Vegas, if I'm upgraded that's great - but I'm not going to bribe to get it. I book the room I want, especially in a place like Hawaii where I want to be guaranteed the ocean view I want, not hope I'll get it on a whim or a bribe.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Hi all,

I just received word that I was upgraded to the Ali'i ocean view corner... anybody stayed in a corner room at the Ali'i tower? Is it larger than the regular Ali'i rooms or same size? Two balcony's or one? Any info would be great... excited about the upgrade (we booked Ali'i garden view on points)...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by gbearbuck
Hi all,

I just received word that I was upgraded to the Ali'i ocean view corner... anybody stayed in a corner room at the Ali'i tower? Is it larger than the regular Ali'i rooms or same size? Two balcony's or one? Any info would be great... excited about the upgrade (we booked Ali'i garden view on points)...
Nice room and really nice that it's be renovated ! Tell us how it was, send pic's

we will return in the fall
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Nice room and really nice that it's be renovated ! Tell us how it was, send pic's

we will return in the fall
Will do (although I'm not the most technology savy person on this board.. so pic's might be a challenge... a review on the other hand will not be a problem). Are the bones of the room the same size as the other rooms or is it a larger square foot room? As far as I can tell you cannot book them (or they are sold out for every date I check) or they are just like any other room so it isn't a big deal and they are priced as a normal room (although the diamond desk agent made it out to be a big deal that not only was it an ov it was also a corner room)...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:22 pm

Just checked into the corner ocean front room... It is basically a mini suite with some added space... I'm guessing it is roughly 1.5x the size of a regular room. Depth towards ocean is very, very deep, width towards the park is normal size... It is basically a crazy long room. There is a balcony facing the ocean and there is a balcony facing the park (separate balconies... Not connected. Due to the two floor to ceiling sliding glass doors, there is plenty of light and I must say a great view since there isn't anything obstructing literally the farthest corner of the resort facing the ocean...

I'm impressed with this diamond upgrade (booked a garden room in the ali'i tower... No clue if they will upgrade to this tower if you book into a different tower.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
If you are an early riser, go out on the balcony facing the park just before sunrise (this is not as awful as it sounds when you consider the time change most of us face).

The white doves wake up after sleeping in the trees all night, circle and circle to stretch their wings - I know it sounds dorky but I found it magical. Then watch the Zamboni clean the sand. Wow. My favorite time of day at the Alii tower.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
If you are an early riser, go out on the balcony facing the park just before sunrise (this is not as awful as it sounds when you consider the time change most of us face).

The white doves wake up after sleeping in the trees all night, circle and circle to stretch their wings - I know it sounds dorky but I found it magical. Then watch the Zamboni clean the sand. Wow. My favorite time of day at the Alii tower.
I'll check that out tomorrow morning... We're up at six each morning (that's 11:00eastern)... It's still dark at that time, so I assume that is early enough...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

We watched those birds from our Rainbow Tower room in December. They'd go back and forth between the park next to the Ali'i Tower and some trees on the marina side. I thought they were beautiful to watch as well.

As for the Zamboni, while we were there I read an article in the local paper about the terrible problem they have with cigarette butts on Waikiki. It said that the Hilton ended up paying to have the beach near the hotel cleaned as a result. Too bad those machines couldn't also deal with the HHV guests who smoked on balconies near us in direct violation of hotel rules. That would be fun to watch.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I've got reservations here next month as a Hilton Gold.

Very curious about free breakfast. Isn't it guaranteed for Gold?

According to Honors benefits website:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/myway-benefits/faq.html

"Gold members will choose either 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points or complimentary Continental breakfast."

According to the flyertalk master thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-thread.html

"Hilton Hawaiian Village: No free breakfast for Golds."

Confused.

Also, am thinking of requesting the lagoon tower because of proximity to the newer water slide area for the kids. Any insight on rooms there?

Thanks.

Last edited by alohastephen; Feb 9, 2013 at 3:02 am
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
Originally Posted by alohastephen

Also, am thinking of requesting the lagoon tower because of proximity to the newer water slide area for the kids. Any insight on rooms there?

Thanks.
Lagoon Tower is part of the Hilton Grand Vacations not the Hilton Hawaiian Village. So its not an upgrade that would be offered to you if you are actually booked at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I've got reservations here next month as a Hilton Gold.

Very curious about free breakfast. Isn't it guaranteed for Gold?

According to Honors benefits website:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/myway-benefits/faq.html

"Gold members will choose either 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points or complimentary Continental breakfast."

According to the flyertalk master thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-thread.html

"Hilton Hawaiian Village: No free breakfast for Golds."

Confused.

Thanks.
I'm a Gold and stayed there the first week of November. I selected the breakfast option. Got access to the "VIP" lounge in the Rainbow Tower. If you can do breakfast with some pastries, bread, 2 kinds of cereal, fruit, coffee or tea, and some juice, you'll be OK. If you need something more, go for the points and buy breakfast across the street at the old coffee shop...
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa

Thanks slidergirl.
Lounge access sounds nice. Did
they have a cocktail hour too?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:10 pm

Thanks slidergirl.
Lounge access sounds nice. Did
they have a cocktail hour too?
The VIP lounge closes at 11:00 for the day (which is unfortunate because they have two computers and a printer in the lounge... Although the conceirge happily printed our boarding passes last nigh)... No cocktail hour at the lounge.

Most of the bars have a happy hour, however drinks are a fortune marked down to a fortune. Across the street at the coffe shop there is a lounge with excellent prices (and even better prices during happy hour). Their normal price for a Mai tai is $3.75... Hhv charges $12.... Needless to say we walked across the street each afternoon for a few drinks...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
They also have kiosks for printing boarding passes in the main lobby area. No charge.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:30 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
[QUOTE=gbearbuck;20221242]The VIP lounge closes at 11:00 for the day (which is unfortunate because they have two computers and a printer in the lounge... QUOTE]

You should be able to access the lounge "after hours" with your card key. The bad news is that I often find that those computers are not working (even during the "open" hours).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.