Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by ludocdoc
Anyone with a current referral to join Foudners? I'd be willing to sign up for 2 years if anyone has a promo for the 295 per year...
I believe the only path is to use a referral and then negotiate a 2-year deal after using a referral code for a trial.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I believe the only path is to use a referral and then negotiate a 2-year deal after using a referral code for a trial.
I'd settle for 395 w no fee, I guess. Might as well keep it in the FT family if the person giving the referral gets a benefit too.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by ludocdoc
I'd settle for 395 w no fee, I guess. Might as well keep it in the FT family if the person giving the referral gets a benefit too.
You basically have to use your preferred referral code and then negotiate the price. I believe they are quite negotiable on the $395, even though the current price is $495. I do not follow it very closely anymore. Caesars runs 5x and 10x tier multipliers (different periods throughout the year), and if you are any level of recreational gambler, it is easier to achieve Diamond Status in 2022 than it has been at any time in the past.
aguilarcoupons likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Caesars runs 5x and 10x tier multipliers (different periods throughout the year), and if you are any level of recreational gambler, it is easier to achieve Diamond Status in 2022 than it has been at any time in the past.
This. Have already comfortably requalified for Diamond despite the loss of a lot of Tier Credits that I would have earned in past years before Caesars sold off LaD.

Now whether that Diamond status actually provides anything of value in 2023 is an entirely different story!
baccarat_king likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
This. Have already comfortably requalified for Diamond despite the loss of a lot of Tier Credits that I would have earned in past years before Caesars sold off LaD.

Now whether that Diamond status actually provides anything of value in 2023 is an entirely different story!
Give that MGM gold now provides a $100 dinner and no resort fees I don't expect any negative changes at CET for Diamond

I do have reservations in 2023 booked at MGM Grand and Paris in case one decides to change some rules.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 28, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Give that MGM gold now provides a $100 dinner and no resort fees I don't expect any negative changes at CET for Diamond

I do has reservations in 2023 booked at MGM Grand and Paris in case one decides to change some rules
But, just to be clear, you DO NOT get the $100 dinner for MGM Gold if you match to MGM Gold (via Hyatt or otherwise). The $100 dinner benefit is ONLY for "earned MGM Rewards Gold."
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:46 pm

But, just to be clear, you DO NOT get the $100 dinner for MGM Gold if you match to MGM Gold (via Hyatt or otherwise). The $100 dinner benefit is ONLY for "earned MGM Rewards Gold."

I am aware of that, I was comparing tier levels ( Gold vs Diamond) and how IMO the benefits may or may not change in 2023.

MGM has so many other perks ( free play, $$ off meals, BOGO , etc ) via my vegas not getting the $100 dinner isn't that big of a deal, for us the savings is in waived resort fees and of course much faster check in.

Hopefully things stay the same we keep both ( via Hyatt and Wyndham) in 2023
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

I am aware of that, I was comparing tier levels ( Gold vs Diamond) and how IMO the benefits may or may not change in 2023.

MGM has so many other perks ( free play, $$ off meals, BOGO , etc ) via my vegas not getting the $100 dinner isn't that big of a deal, for us the savings is in waived resort fees and of course much faster check in.

Hopefully things stay the same we keep both ( via Hyatt and Wyndham) in 2023
I figured that you were aware, but it's a valid point to remind folks -- since many still do not seem to realize.

I highly doubt there will be many changes for MGM Rewards since the main changes and rebrand were completed this year. I expect Caesars Rewards to end Diamond matching (re-matching) except for perhaps, Wyndham Credit Card folks.

I do agree, that waived resort fees are the "biggest deal." I seldom bring MyVegas into the conversation since it's just not of interest for many to deal with it, but I agree it's a great program - even if, not as "great" as it was years ago.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:43 pm

I figured that you were aware, but it's a valid point to remind folks -- since many still do not seem to realize.

I highly doubt there will be many changes for MGM Rewards since the main changes and rebrand were completed this year. I expect Caesars Rewards to end Diamond matching (re-matching) except for perhaps, Wyndham Credit Card folks.

I do agree, that waived resort fees are the "biggest deal." I seldom bring MyVegas into the conversation since it's just not of interest for many to deal with it, but I agree it's a great program - even if, not as "great" as it was years ago.
We have the Wyndham Business Cards and match MGM from Hyatt..........thus why we have a reservation at Horseshoe and MGM for Memorial Day week, if we can get MGM Gold we will probably stay there.......more about why down my reply.

We still get $175 ( wife bought some chips years ago ugh, lol so she gets 4 awards) in free play via My Vegas every trip (even if not staying at a MGM property) plus BOGO at Wolfgang Puck in MGM and Lupo ( MB) and the Nine Fine Irishmen BOGO is nice. The $20 off $40 at Public House, Diablos and Vagabond are also good but often the lines are too long at the rewards desk/cage at Excal/Luxor.

I also noticed ( at MGM at least ) if you have 3 paid nights ( even if those nights are like $25 and you can also have comp nights but 3 nights have to be paid ) the person whose name the room is in can use regular my VEGAS free play so my wife can get $200 in free play via my vegas using the $100, $50 and $25 FP and $25 Konami. I'm not sure if it's true but we were told go the rewards desk on one of your paid nights to redeem. If they say no we just use 4 My Konami free play but f course have to stop at 4 different MGM properties to redeem

I haven't heard much about it and in case you aren't aware you can get 12K LP per day very easy if you have an android tablet. I have no idea why but it only seems to work on android tablets...........I just set it at 27K per spin ( lowest it can go) and gives me LP's for about an hour which is 4k LP. I do this for slots, Konami and Black jack so 12K per day or 84K per week.............adds up as we both have close to 5 million LP. It's been going on for nearly a year now and before this we used to struggle to get the 400K or so we each needed per trip. Now I don't even bother doing the daily spins or collecting points around the strip on my Vegas slots.
baccarat_king likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 30, 2022 at 2:23 pm
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:57 pm

I also noticed ( at MGM at least ) if you have 3 paid nights ( even if those nights are like $25 and you can also have comp nights but 3 nights have to be paid ) the person whose name the room is in can use regular my free play so since that person is my wife she can get $200 in free play via my vegas using the $100, $50 and $25 FP and $25 Konami. I'm not sure if it's true but we were told go the rewards desk on one of your paid nights to redeem. If they say no we just use 4 My Konami free play but f course have to stop at 4 different MGM properties to redeem
I don't think this is possible....names have to match.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
I don't think this is possible....names have to match.
OK I think I made a slight typo..............my wife also has ~ 5 million LP so she uses her own points

This was supposed to say "regular my VEGAS free play" as opposed to My Konami.............the typo made it seem lie she was using my LP

I also noticed ( at MGM at least ) if you have 3 paid nights ( even if those nights are like $25 and you can also have comp nights but 3 nights have to be paid ) the person whose name the room is in can use regular my free play so since that person is my wife she can get $200 in free play via my vegas using the $100, $50 and $25 FP and $25 Konami. I'm not sure if it's true but we were told go the rewards desk on one of your paid nights to redeem. If they say no we just use 4 My Konami free play but f course have to stop at 4 different MGM properties to redeem

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 30, 2022 at 2:22 pm
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Any updates on the renewal negotiations? It's that time of year! Also, I noticed that now the rewards desk agents keep asking everyone to sign up for the Visa. I told her I'm not interested because of my lifetime ban on receiving promotions and how stupid it is that I can't even book a room when logged in. I told her I'm only going to play $5 every six months because there are no benefits to playing. She was well aware of this lifetime ban thing and implied that it's very common now. I have been warning friends and family about it. I've actually steered a lot of business away from Caesars and towards MGM now. Financially, the only remaining benefit of Diamond is the waived resort fees. Pretty scary how much it's been devalued. Has anyone figured out if there is a way to be completely purged from Caesars computers, and then sign up new in order to get rid of the lifetime ban?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
Any updates on the renewal negotiations? It's that time of year! Also, I noticed that now the rewards desk agents keep asking everyone to sign up for the Visa. I told her I'm not interested because of my lifetime ban on receiving promotions and how stupid it is that I can't even book a room when logged in. I told her I'm only going to play $5 every six months because there are no benefits to playing. She was well aware of this lifetime ban thing and implied that it's very common now. I have been warning friends and family about it. I've actually steered a lot of business away from Caesars and towards MGM now. Financially, the only remaining benefit of Diamond is the waived resort fees. Pretty scary how much it's been devalued. Has anyone figured out if there is a way to be completely purged from Caesars computers, and then sign up new in order to get rid of the lifetime ban?
As I understand it, FC Diamond Renewal will take place. It is very difficult to get a "marketing restriction" removed from your account. MGM also has a similar system with marketing restrictions, though they seem to be a little less draconian. The best workaround is to start over with a new Caesars Rewards number if that is an option. Hence, it's important to be strategic about how far you push things. You sort of want to get "amazing value" for the risk of marketing restriction. What do I mean by that? Oh, maybe weeks of comp suites and daily $1k free play and large F&B offers. Of course, the entire concept of marketing restrictions is YMMV.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Definitely agreed that we should have to give some play to get offers. I've been playing every time I stay at MGM for that reason. My beef with Caesars is that with absolutely zero warning, I get a lifetime ban, no transparency, even if I were to play a million dollars I would still be banned. That is just outrageous. So I would love to completely start over with Caesars, and give them fair play in return for the offers. I just don't know how to go about doing that. It would be wonderful if someone knows how. Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
Definitely agreed that we should have to give some play to get offers. I've been playing every time I stay at MGM for that reason. My beef with Caesars is that with absolutely zero warning, I get a lifetime ban, no transparency, even if I were to play a million dollars I would still be banned. That is just outrageous. So I would love to completely start over with Caesars, and give them fair play in return for the offers. I just don't know how to go about doing that. It would be wonderful if someone knows how. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure there's no official process of getting these bans removed.
That said, it's all about money here. If you gamble a decent amount, let's say $1k theo/day, there's an incentive for CET to lift the ban.
Just keep in mind that your past history is still in their records.. they know *why* they banned you, and it's obvious they want customers that spend/gamble.
Unless you plan on showing them that they made the wrong decision.. and that you would be worthy to "keep", just move on.
Nobody is guaranteed access to these programs, despite what we'd all like to think.

Based on your profile, you have hyatt globalist and thus you can get MGM Gold .. mLife gold gets resort fees waived, so why not go there instead? What's so special about Caesars?

Last edited by izzik; Jan 10, 2023 at 2:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.