Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
What is really killing me is not knowing what I have to do to unlock it. Play $100? $1,000? $5,000 all in one sitting? Or is the lock permanent and unremovable? How long after said play would it take before unlocking? Should I throw in the towel or what? Very frustrating to say the least.
My understanding of play ratings is that it's not just money but time spent sitting and playing. The amount of your bet definitely factors in too. At least this is what I've been able to gather from talking to pit bosses over the years. Slot machines may be different.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:55 am

Explanation of No Room Availability

Finally got some answers from Caesar’s. I have the exact problem others mentioned above. Via customer service email exchange I was told that discounted or comped rates depend entirely on play and not tier status. So when you are logged in and you are one of us who is apparently blackballed from making room reservation because everything shows sold out….All dates all times all Vegas properties…you aren’t banned it’s just that you do not qualify for any discounted rate. Logically, one would think that they would still let you book rack rates through the app or through your account but the system is not able to do that apparently. The “solution” is to book over the phone or to book while not logged into your account and then provide your diamond status when you check in or call it into the hotel before and you will not be charged resort fees. I was not able to get anyone to tell me what it takes to get back into their good graces with a specific amount of play. But as others have mentioned the algorithm is not only based on the amount but the time you spend playing. So if you throw $500 into a slot machine and lose it in 10 minutes that’s nowhere near as good for your play rating than sitting there for hours before you blow your money.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by marmion
Finally got some answers from Caesar’s. I have the exact problem others mentioned above. Via customer service email exchange I was told that discounted or comped rates depend entirely on play and not tier status. So when you are logged in and you are one of us who is apparently blackballed from making room reservation because everything shows sold out….All dates all times all Vegas properties…you aren’t banned it’s just that you do not qualify for any discounted rate. Logically, one would think that they would still let you book rack rates through the app or through your account but the system is not able to do that apparently. The “solution” is to book over the phone or to book while not logged into your account and then provide your diamond status when you check in or call it into the hotel before and you will not be charged resort fees. I was not able to get anyone to tell me what it takes to get back into their good graces with a specific amount of play. But as others have mentioned the algorithm is not only based on the amount but the time you spend playing. So if you throw $500 into a slot machine and lose it in 10 minutes that’s nowhere near as good for your play rating than sitting there for hours before you blow your money.
I meant to respond earlier, but in essence -- you are done. They do have a department that reconsiders, but most do not have success with this. Also getting someone to call you back from this department is near impossible.

The way they see it, they offered you promotions and you abused them. Now, this is not a judgment. This is not saying you did anything wrong. But, from the commercial side, they feel you just booked too many rooms at comp or heavily discounted rates without enough play or consistent play to justify it. How many nights did you book? This would be very unusual if you booked say, 3-8 nights a year or a night or two every few months.

I would not waste bankroll trying to get "unbanned," since as far as I know (and this is from what I have heard and good sources) -- it is NOT an automatic process. But, then again, I have not seen blocks like this before. Usually, they restrict marketing offers NOT free rooms. Or shall we say, they might restrict free rooms (via offers) but still let you book by the calendar.
mtofell and champus like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:40 pm

For a data point I'm usually in Vegas 1-2X per year and will usually blow $1,000 during a week stay (every once in a while I win but it seems rare). I'd guess I sit at the tables 80% slots 20% and for probably 3 hours/day that I'm there. That gets me free or extremely cheap rooms at the lower end properties (Ballys, Harrah's, Flamingo). Bringing it back to the point of the thread, the best deal I feel I get being Diamond is getting out of resort fees and this alone is about 90% of the reason I keep my Founder's Card.

Also, calling can often result in different/better results. I recently took one of my employees for a conference and was able to get a much better rate than I got on the website. I feel like the phone agents have some flexibility as I got a REALLY nice one and we had a good chat then she offered the discount. I was originally calling to upgrade my room - another thing you usually can't do on the website. They only list the pretty basic rooms. I'm not sure if/what impact being Diamond (via Founder's card) had as I was talking to the agent. According to the earlier info it has no impact on room rates but I wonder if that's at all levels? As in, does the phone agent notice I'm Diamond (perhaps not knowing/seeing how I got it) and gets a bit looser with the upgrade and extra room rate?
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by mtofell
For a data point I'm usually in Vegas 1-2X per year and will usually blow $1,000 during a week stay (every once in a while I win but it seems rare). I'd guess I sit at the tables 80% slots 20% and for probably 3 hours/day that I'm there. That gets me free or extremely cheap rooms at the lower end properties (Ballys, Harrah's, Flamingo). Bringing it back to the point of the thread, the best deal I feel I get being Diamond is getting out of resort fees and this alone is about 90% of the reason I keep my Founder's Card.

Also, calling can often result in different/better results. I recently took one of my employees for a conference and was able to get a much better rate than I got on the website. I feel like the phone agents have some flexibility as I got a REALLY nice one and we had a good chat then she offered the discount. I was originally calling to upgrade my room - another thing you usually can't do on the website. They only list the pretty basic rooms. I'm not sure if/what impact being Diamond (via Founder's card) had as I was talking to the agent. According to the earlier info it has no impact on room rates but I wonder if that's at all levels? As in, does the phone agent notice I'm Diamond (perhaps not knowing/seeing how I got it) and gets a bit looser with the upgrade and extra room rate?
Fundamentally you have two ways to get comp/discounted rooms from CZR.

(1) Calendar, this is based on your ADT (Average Daily Theoretical) - We have written about this a bunch at TravelZork.
So, "They only list the pretty basic rooms." - is not really accurate. For example, I have a suite booked, via the calendar for next week in the Vegas Market. I know many that have suites on their accounts to book via the calendar. Of course, these are players with very high ADTs.
(2) Marketing Offers, these are offers for free rooms or heavily discounted rooms (with a code) and often include free f&b credits, free play (fp), or other perks that are associated with the offer. Could also be tournaments. Most offers include rooms. So, even if you do NOT have rooms comp or heavily discounted on the calendar these offers (offer code, targeted) will unlock the free rooms.

Regarding the topic we are currently discussing, usually, Caesars will restrict (2) but NOT (1). So, I am a bit perplexed with the issues noted up-thread about the calendar.
PilgrimsProgress and mtofell like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by baccarat_king

Regarding the topic we are currently discussing, usually, Caesars will restrict (2) but NOT (1). So, I am a bit perplexed with the issues noted up-thread about the calendar.
I think they already explained what they were doing, basically going 2-3 times a month and getting the $10 rooms and no resort fees and not showing any play at all.

I get that people doing this feel wronged bc it was never spelled out that they could lose discounted rooms from using benefit too often.

That a work around exists to book by phone or to book big logged in seems to me like they are not really "banned.". They can still pay rack rate and save the $40-50 resort fees which would make the room still cheaper than booking at other similar hotels on the strip.

I can't say I blame CET for shutting down people getting weeks worth of $10 rooms a year and never giving them any play. They have gotten more than their money's worth from Founders with the resort fee comp and still can get this benefit.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MGM Gold, Hertz PC, Enterprise Plus Platinum, National EE, Hilton Honors Silver
Does anyone have any recent DP's on how long it takes for the FC status match to CET Diamond?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by fishychips
Does anyone have any recent DP's on how long it takes for the FC status match to CET Diamond?
IIRC is took about 7-10 days when I did it a couple years ago. I think it's been talked about several times in this thread (not that I expect you to go find it ) and that is about the norm.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MGM Gold, Hertz PC, Enterprise Plus Platinum, National EE, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by mtofell
IIRC is took about 7-10 days when I did it a couple years ago. I think it's been talked about several times in this thread (not that I expect you to go find it ) and that is about the norm.
Ah okay thanks, I was hoping to use it this Thanksgiving weekend. What would be the best way to score good deals in Vegas for a first time visitor?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by fishychips
Ah okay thanks, I was hoping to use it this Thanksgiving weekend. What would be the best way to score good deals in Vegas for a first time visitor?
Vegas is so funny with room costs. It's the absolute example of supply/demand. There are times that they literally give rooms away and other times it's crazy expensive. I just did a basic search on Expedia and this weekend looks like and expensive time (I would have guessed Thanksgiving was slow but I guess not).

I also just checked using my Diamond status and rooms at the average properties (Flamingo, Bally's, etc.) are around $100/night. That's definitely on the high end. A was there a couple months ago and paid around $25/night. Without the Diamond status you'll also be stuck paying resort fees at +/- $40/night.

Basically, it's going to be expensive this weekend. You might try downtown/Freemont Street. There are definitely cheaper rooms there but they start to get pretty low-end.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
So how much low value play will CET tolerate from Diamonds?

I'm a Diamond and see the low-priced rooms, but all I do is play poker when I go to Las Vegas. I haven't booked anything yet thru the CET rewards site, but in future I might book a Caesars Palace room and play in their poker room (continuously) while I'm there. I'd imagine this generates a very low average theoretical, would it be better to just not book through the rewards site and "save" goodwill with CET till I want to make a long trip and can really leverage their low rates?

Last edited by graytidy; Dec 6, 2021 at 12:09 pm
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by krellboy
I'm a Diamond and see the low-priced rooms, but all I do is play poker when I go to Las Vegas. I haven't booked anything yet thru the CET rewards site, but in future I might book a Caesars Palace room and play in their poker room (continuously) while I'm there. I'd imagine this generates a very low average theoretical, would it be better to just not book through the rewards site and "save" goodwill with CET till I want to make a long trip and can really leverage their low rates?
Just use it now. Your rates aren't going to change much unless you so what some in this thread did: booking $10 rooms 2-4 weeks out of the month for months.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
Truly disappointing that with the closure of Rao’s and Martorano’s, there are now apparently ZERO upscale Italian restaurants to have the celebration dinner at (or eat at at all at Caesar’s properties). 😕
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:42 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mileage junkie
Truly disappointing that with the closure of Rao’s and Martorano’s, there are now apparently ZERO upscale Italian restaurants to have the celebration dinner at (or eat at at all at Caesar’s properties). 😕
There's Giada at the Cromwell...

BTW there's a separate thread discussing the 7*/Diamond Celebration Dinners: Consolidated Caesars 7*/Diamond Celebration Dinner Discussion Thread
mileage junkie likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:54 am
Original Poster

I really like Giada. One of my favorites, even though I seldom dine Italian.

Originally Posted by Zorak
There's Giada at the Cromwell...

BTW there's a separate thread discussing the 7*/Diamond Celebration Dinners: Consolidated Caesars 7*/Diamond Celebration Dinner Discussion Thread
mileage junkie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.