Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell
https://thepointsguy.com/news/caesar...atched-status/

Just found this article and it seems somewhat relevant here. There's no direct mention of Founders Card but anytime CET starts cutting status matches I get nervous. Granted, what they are stopping was a pretty ridiculous loophole. I just read it through once pretty quickly and don't see anything too concering. I'm curious if anyone sees anything?
oof...this would explain why my request from 2/4 has never been approved..i subsequently resubmitted but to date, nada... =\\\\

appreciate the article posted
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Wrong thread
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:56 pm

Wow i cant believe CET is actually going in and REVERSING the status upgrades...

guess I'll move to MGM or Cosmo.. cosmo actually has a decent program for the time being... of the bunch =\
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by joespeed
Wow i cant believe CET is actually going in and REVERSING the status upgrades...

guess I'll move to MGM or Cosmo.. cosmo actually has a decent program for the time being... of the bunch =\
Cosmo will become an MGM property later this year.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by joespeed
Yeah, I thought one of the reasons they came up with all the diamond tiers a couple years ago was to limit us freeloading status matchers from reaping all the benefits so I thought we were safe. I'm now starting to worry. I just made a reservation for early April and I had no resort fees so for the time being I'm still good. Somewhat unrelated I did see a $3/night fee of some type... is this a sub-resort fee?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Cosmo will become an MGM property later this year.
right i am aware of that.. i imagine the Cosmo program will get folded into MGM at some point =\\
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:45 am

Yeah, I thought one of the reasons they came up with all the diamond tiers a couple years ago was to limit us freeloading status matchers from reaping all the benefits so I thought we were safe. I'm now starting to worry. I just made a reservation for early April and I had no resort fees so for the time being I'm still good. Somewhat unrelated I did see a $3/night fee of some type... is this a sub-resort fee?
Im in the same boat as you,, since i have wyndham diamond and caesars diamond this will no longer match correct?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
Im in the same boat as you,, since i have wyndham diamond and caesars diamond this will no longer match correct?
No, I get CET Diamond by being a member of The Founders Card so it's a bit different than a status match but kind of similar in that you need to apply like a status match. FC costs +/- $395/year and has some other benefits. It seems like the whole thing with Founders Card and CET is hanging by a thread sometimes near the end of the year when they haven't renewed their partnership/agreement. When I see CET tightening up status matches I worry. I get a lot of value out of being CET Diamond and would hate to see that go away. IIRC there are a bunch of posts in this thread around the end of 2020 start of 2021 where they two sides hadn't announced the match would continue. 2021-2022 seemed to be more smooth or at least wasn't discussed here as much.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:35 pm

No, I get CET Diamond by being a member of The Founders Card so it's a bit different than a status match but kind of similar in that you need to apply like a status match. FC costs +/- $395/year and has some other benefits. It seems like the whole thing with Founders Card and CET is hanging by a thread sometimes near the end of the year when they haven't renewed their partnership/agreement. When I see CET tightening up status matches I worry. I get a lot of value out of being CET Diamond and would hate to see that go away. IIRC there are a bunch of posts in this thread around the end of 2020 start of 2021 where they two sides hadn't announced the match would continue. 2021-2022 seemed to be more smooth or at least wasn't discussed here as much.
The waived resort fees and celebration dinner are invaluable, hopefully they renew for your sake.
mtofell likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Beachchaser

Looks like Caesar changed their mind today. I just got rematched back up to Diamond.

After re-reviewing your original Tier match request and your account, we are postponing enforcement of the exclusion described above for your account until our next program year. We have upgraded your Tier Status to the level it was before the downgrade, and this Tier will remain in place until January 31, 2023. After that date, you can submit another request for a Tier match if you qualify. The terms and conditions of our program are subject to change at any time, so please review the program website next year to see if you still qualify for a match.

Thank you for being a valued Caesars Rewards member.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Looks like Caesar changed their mind today. I just got rematched back up to Diamond.

After re-reviewing your original Tier match request and your account, we are postponing enforcement of the exclusion described above for your account until our next program year. We have upgraded your Tier Status to the level it was before the downgrade, and this Tier will remain in place until January 31, 2023. After that date, you can submit another request for a Tier match if you qualify. The terms and conditions of our program are subject to change at any time, so please review the program website next year to see if you still qualify for a match.

Thank you for being a valued Caesars Rewards member.
I got the same email. Saves me the trouble of being extremely petty and forwarding them all my receipts from MGM. Happy that they reversed course, wonder what made them switch - did they see bookings go down, were they threatened a lawsuit, or negative feedback from Wyndham?
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by ianmanka
I got the same email. Saves me the trouble of being extremely petty and forwarding them all my receipts from MGM. Happy that they reversed course, wonder what made them switch - did they see bookings go down, were they threatened a lawsuit, or negative feedback from Wyndham?
I and I believe others threatened to take it to Nevada gaming commission for not honoring a promotion and that would not have gone well for them.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by veeRob
I and I believe others threatened to take it to Nevada gaming commission for not honoring a promotion and that would not have gone well for them.
Ah, yes, that would certainly do it!
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ianmanka
Haven't gotten the email but I checked and I'm back to Diamond
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:57 pm

Cheapest way to join ?

$295 per year if prepay 2 years ?

Last edited by Alcibiades; Jul 18, 2022 at 8:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.