Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2023, 5:33 pm

Yes, as long as you associate your diamond status with it at/before checkin.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

The other downside is that you might be missing out on a cheaper rate had you booked while being logged in.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K, CET Diamond, FC, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold, KLM Silver, Marriott Gold, UA Gold
It's more at checkout, but your best room rate/comps would be while logged in though.

Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
If you reserve a room at a Vegas Ceasar's property without being logged into your Diamond account, will they waive resort fee at check in? Asking for a friend!
PilgrimsProgress likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
The other downside is that you might be missing out on a cheaper rate had you booked while being logged in.
Originally Posted by braddahman86
It's more at checkout, but your best room rate/comps would be while logged in though.
My guess is the question comes from not being able to book while logged in due to account flagging. One question is whether the reservation will be cancelled if the CR number is attached prior to stay.

See Caesar's Rewards web site issues.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 12:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Reaching
My guess is the question comes from not being able to book while logged in due to account flagging. One question is whether the reservation will be cancelled if the CR number is attached prior to stay.

See Caesar's Rewards web site issues.
It could also imply reserving a room via a 3rd party like expedia, where the room rate is prepaid but the resort fees are typically collected upon arrival not in advance.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
There is no issue at all I do it all the time. When I check in at the VIP room I hand them my Diamond card and they take care of me waiving resort fees and all.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
FrugalShopper Thanks for answering the specific question, this is helpful.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 6:25 pm

I just joined founders and activated the benefit for caesers on Saturday 8-19, hoping to get matched soon. Looking to grab a room, anyone recently activate the benefit? How long did it take
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:04 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Aoli77
I just joined founders and activated the benefit for caesers on Saturday 8-19, hoping to get matched soon. Looking to grab a room, anyone recently activate the benefit? How long did it take
I think it generally takes a week or two but I'm pretty sure you can book a room and at least get the crazy resort fee comped when you check-in even if it shows up when you book. In my experience, Diamond doesn't do a lot for general room rates as those seem to be more based on how much you play. The real benefit of Diamond is the resort fee comp and Celebration Dinner $100 comp.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Aoli77
Just had my status upgraded to Diamond last night 9-8-23 so pretty much 3 weeks with Labor Day holiday in between
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Does anyone have any recent experience in the downgrade side of things after your membership expires with FoundersCard?

I've just booked a Vegas stay from Sunday 19th-23rd November and my FoundersCard membership will expire on either Thursday 16th or Friday 17th November. I believe i only need the status active at check-in so what are the odds I won't be downgraded within that two day window?
Old Oct 26, 2023, 9:24 am

My FC expired 10/15 (CC on file is outdated) and they've been contracting me every couple days to renew. I saw reports of $195 but the lowest they'll go is $295 for the year. As far as timing, I just checked and am still listed as Diamond on CET site but, of course, it's hard to say what would happen if I actually tried to check in. I think the chances of them communicating to CET and yanking your status in a couple days (while emailing and trying to convince you to stay, of course) is low but it would suck to get stuck with the resort fee and lose the other perks. Like everything in Vegas, how much do you want to gamble?

I'm not sure if I'll renew at $295. The CET Diamond is literally the only thing I use the card for but essentially get my money back with one trip of a few days or more.
snevillio likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
I really appreciate that timely experience, thanks very much mtofell!

I'm happy to gamble, like you the CET status is the only thing i can make use of and this is expiring because i bought it for a trip in December last year, i'm going to be in Vegas before it expires (Staying at MGM on an offer) so i can make use of this years celebration dinner still and i've got about $800 of Caesars RC's from milking the various Wyndham promos over the last year so worst case is i have to throw $200 of those away to pay for the resort fees which hopefully as you've said is not that likely to happen. I'll definitely rejoin but it won't be til August/September next year so i can again use the benefits for two consecutive years (if the benefit remains of course)

Were you having much back and forth with them or is it one sided comms from then? Will i need to string them along with a 'give me the weekend to think it over'
Old Oct 26, 2023, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by snevillio
Were you having much back and forth with them or is it one sided comms from then? Will i need to string them along with a 'give me the weekend to think it over'
The emails are surprisingly personal and I get the feeling FC is actually a pretty small operation. At least from a # of personnel standpoint. I got three emails from the same person over the course of about 10 days and when I finally replied asking for the $195 rate I got an email from a different person apologizing that the person I had been dealing with was traveling and unable to respond to my email today. Definitely, not like an experience with a huge company where you feel like you're just getting a string of prewritten offers, etc. I honestly probably won't renew for 295 since I'm really not getting to Vegas that much anymore but will circle back here with their best offer.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:16 am

Programs: World of Hyatt: Globalist, Aeroplan: 25k
Any info on whether FoundersCard will extend the Caesar’s status match beyond Jan 2024?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.