Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Old Mar 14, 22, 9:32 pm
  #1561  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
https://thepointsguy.com/news/caesar...atched-status/

Just found this article and it seems somewhat relevant here. There's no direct mention of Founders Card but anytime CET starts cutting status matches I get nervous. Granted, what they are stopping was a pretty ridiculous loophole. I just read it through once pretty quickly and don't see anything too concering. I'm curious if anyone sees anything?
oof...this would explain why my request from 2/4 has never been approved..i subsequently resubmitted but to date, nada... =\\\\


appreciate the article posted
joespeed is offline  
Old Mar 15, 22, 1:45 pm
  #1562  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 19,461
Wrong thread
eponymous_coward is offline  
Old Mar 15, 22, 2:56 pm
  #1563  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 18
Wow i cant believe CET is actually going in and REVERSING the status upgrades...

guess I'll move to MGM or Cosmo.. cosmo actually has a decent program for the time being... of the bunch =\
joespeed is offline  
Old Mar 15, 22, 5:54 pm
  #1564  
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 17,761
Originally Posted by joespeed View Post
Wow i cant believe CET is actually going in and REVERSING the status upgrades...

guess I'll move to MGM or Cosmo.. cosmo actually has a decent program for the time being... of the bunch =\
Cosmo will become an MGM property later this year.
iluv2fly is offline  
Old Mar 15, 22, 9:34 pm
  #1565  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: PDX, OGG or between the two
Programs: AS 100K
Posts: 1,904
Originally Posted by joespeed View Post
Wow i cant believe CET is actually going in and REVERSING the status upgrades...
Yeah, I thought one of the reasons they came up with all the diamond tiers a couple years ago was to limit us freeloading status matchers from reaping all the benefits so I thought we were safe. I'm now starting to worry. I just made a reservation for early April and I had no resort fees so for the time being I'm still good. Somewhat unrelated I did see a $3/night fee of some type... is this a sub-resort fee?
mtofell is offline  
Old Mar 15, 22, 10:27 pm
  #1566  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by iluv2fly View Post
Cosmo will become an MGM property later this year.
right i am aware of that.. i imagine the Cosmo program will get folded into MGM at some point =\\
joespeed is offline  
Old Mar 16, 22, 7:45 am
  #1567  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
Yeah, I thought one of the reasons they came up with all the diamond tiers a couple years ago was to limit us freeloading status matchers from reaping all the benefits so I thought we were safe. I'm now starting to worry. I just made a reservation for early April and I had no resort fees so for the time being I'm still good. Somewhat unrelated I did see a $3/night fee of some type... is this a sub-resort fee?
Im in the same boat as you,, since i have wyndham diamond and caesars diamond this will no longer match correct?
Beachchaser is offline  
Old Mar 16, 22, 1:33 pm
  #1568  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: PDX, OGG or between the two
Programs: AS 100K
Posts: 1,904
Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
Im in the same boat as you,, since i have wyndham diamond and caesars diamond this will no longer match correct?
No, I get CET Diamond by being a member of The Founders Card so it's a bit different than a status match but kind of similar in that you need to apply like a status match. FC costs +/- $395/year and has some other benefits. It seems like the whole thing with Founders Card and CET is hanging by a thread sometimes near the end of the year when they haven't renewed their partnership/agreement. When I see CET tightening up status matches I worry. I get a lot of value out of being CET Diamond and would hate to see that go away. IIRC there are a bunch of posts in this thread around the end of 2020 start of 2021 where they two sides hadn't announced the match would continue. 2021-2022 seemed to be more smooth or at least wasn't discussed here as much.
mtofell is offline  
Old Mar 16, 22, 2:35 pm
  #1569  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
No, I get CET Diamond by being a member of The Founders Card so it's a bit different than a status match but kind of similar in that you need to apply like a status match. FC costs +/- $395/year and has some other benefits. It seems like the whole thing with Founders Card and CET is hanging by a thread sometimes near the end of the year when they haven't renewed their partnership/agreement. When I see CET tightening up status matches I worry. I get a lot of value out of being CET Diamond and would hate to see that go away. IIRC there are a bunch of posts in this thread around the end of 2020 start of 2021 where they two sides hadn't announced the match would continue. 2021-2022 seemed to be more smooth or at least wasn't discussed here as much.
The waived resort fees and celebration dinner are invaluable, hopefully they renew for your sake.
mtofell likes this.
Beachchaser is offline  
Old Apr 13, 22, 4:55 pm
  #1570  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Programs: American, Alaska, United, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Posts: 1,529
Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
Im in the same boat as you,, since i have wyndham diamond and caesars diamond this will no longer match correct?

Looks like Caesar changed their mind today. I just got rematched back up to Diamond.

After re-reviewing your original Tier match request and your account, we are postponing enforcement of the exclusion described above for your account until our next program year. We have upgraded your Tier Status to the level it was before the downgrade, and this Tier will remain in place until January 31, 2023. After that date, you can submit another request for a Tier match if you qualify. The terms and conditions of our program are subject to change at any time, so please review the program website next year to see if you still qualify for a match.

Thank you for being a valued Caesars Rewards member.
RedElmo is offline  
Old Apr 13, 22, 6:27 pm
  #1571  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LAX (Hometown: CAK)
Programs: Hilton Diamond, DL Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Posts: 738
Originally Posted by RedElmo View Post
Looks like Caesar changed their mind today. I just got rematched back up to Diamond.

After re-reviewing your original Tier match request and your account, we are postponing enforcement of the exclusion described above for your account until our next program year. We have upgraded your Tier Status to the level it was before the downgrade, and this Tier will remain in place until January 31, 2023. After that date, you can submit another request for a Tier match if you qualify. The terms and conditions of our program are subject to change at any time, so please review the program website next year to see if you still qualify for a match.

Thank you for being a valued Caesars Rewards member.
I got the same email. Saves me the trouble of being extremely petty and forwarding them all my receipts from MGM. Happy that they reversed course, wonder what made them switch - did they see bookings go down, were they threatened a lawsuit, or negative feedback from Wyndham?
TXJeepGuy likes this.
ianmanka is offline  
Old Apr 13, 22, 6:58 pm
  #1572  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: Once upon a time...
Posts: 853
Originally Posted by ianmanka View Post
I got the same email. Saves me the trouble of being extremely petty and forwarding them all my receipts from MGM. Happy that they reversed course, wonder what made them switch - did they see bookings go down, were they threatened a lawsuit, or negative feedback from Wyndham?
I and I believe others threatened to take it to Nevada gaming commission for not honoring a promotion and that would not have gone well for them.
veeRob is offline  
Old Apr 25, 22, 6:21 am
  #1573  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LAX (Hometown: CAK)
Programs: Hilton Diamond, DL Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Posts: 738
Originally Posted by veeRob View Post
I and I believe others threatened to take it to Nevada gaming commission for not honoring a promotion and that would not have gone well for them.
Ah, yes, that would certainly do it!
ianmanka is offline  
Old Apr 25, 22, 8:40 am
  #1574  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Posts: 398
Originally Posted by ianmanka View Post
I got the same email. Saves me the trouble of being extremely petty and forwarding them all my receipts from MGM. Happy that they reversed course, wonder what made them switch - did they see bookings go down, were they threatened a lawsuit, or negative feedback from Wyndham?
Haven't gotten the email but I checked and I'm back to Diamond
TXJeepGuy is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 6:57 pm
  #1575  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Posts: 1,882
Cheapest way to join ?

$295 per year if prepay 2 years ?

Last edited by Alcibiades; Jul 18, 22 at 8:51 am
Alcibiades is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread