FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:06 pm
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
Any updates on the renewal negotiations? It's that time of year! Also, I noticed that now the rewards desk agents keep asking everyone to sign up for the Visa. I told her I'm not interested because of my lifetime ban on receiving promotions and how stupid it is that I can't even book a room when logged in. I told her I'm only going to play $5 every six months because there are no benefits to playing. She was well aware of this lifetime ban thing and implied that it's very common now. I have been warning friends and family about it. I've actually steered a lot of business away from Caesars and towards MGM now. Financially, the only remaining benefit of Diamond is the waived resort fees. Pretty scary how much it's been devalued. Has anyone figured out if there is a way to be completely purged from Caesars computers, and then sign up new in order to get rid of the lifetime ban?
As I understand it, FC Diamond Renewal will take place. It is very difficult to get a "marketing restriction" removed from your account. MGM also has a similar system with marketing restrictions, though they seem to be a little less draconian. The best workaround is to start over with a new Caesars Rewards number if that is an option. Hence, it's important to be strategic about how far you push things. You sort of want to get "amazing value" for the risk of marketing restriction. What do I mean by that? Oh, maybe weeks of comp suites and daily $1k free play and large F&B offers. Of course, the entire concept of marketing restrictions is YMMV.