Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Courmisch
How to get a SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test certificate for travel from Finland?

This wiki post details the means to obtain a PCR-test test certificate in Finland for travel. It is possible to completely avoid the cartel prices of over 200€ (Terveystalo, 9Lives, etc.) by getting a certified from the public sector.

Where to get the test?

Print-at-home test result certificates are available for public sector tests taken in the following regions:
  • Uusimaa,
  • Kymi valley,
  • Northern Ostrobothnia,
  • South Karelia.
The PDF certificate for the last test taken can be downloaded from KoronaTietoni ( https://www.koronatietoni.fi/ ) within an hour after the test results are notified by SMS. You will need Finnish bank or mobile authentication codes to proceed.

It is expected that, in the second phase of deployment of the EU green pass in Finland, test results will be available from Kanta.fi regardless of locality. At the moment, Kanta.fi can only provide Finnish national vaccination certificates. In the first phase of deployment, (only) the vaccination certificates will be converted to EU format.

How to apply for the test?

There are several ways to apply for and take a suitable test:
  • If you have Covid-19 symptoms (based on self-diagnostic), you can get a test via Omaolo: https://www.omaolo.fi/
  • If you are returning to (or entering) Finland less than 14 days before the intended test date, you can apply from FinEntry: https://www.finentry.fi/
  • Visit the appointment-free test bus in poorer Helsinki districts. The schedule is available here:
    https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/coronavirus-en/social-and-health/coronavirus-test/
Print Wikipost

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
In your dreams.
a majority might have been offered shot number 1 by that time.
By October might very well be, it's another thing whether the variants will mutate more making the vaccines obsolete... Here's hoping for happy travels Oct 2021
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:08 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Eu claims 70% will be vaccinated end of sept.

First, one can expect this to be overly confident because of unreliable AstraZeneca.
Secondly, even if this succeeds, those 30% are the ages that are most active, like 30-40 year olds. So for travelling the 70% claim is pointless if traveller is in the 30% group.

Unless most of us in here gets shot no1 by may, I think the gloom is valid.
Personally I expect shot no1 in sept, meaning shot no2 by dec.
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by finnishlad
https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/tat-...ated-tourists/

Phuket will be quarantine free from July and another Thailand tourist destinations from October.
Most Europeans will be vaccinated by then.
Vaccinated with two shots? No way.

And many things will change before October. Thailands own situation is unclear also.

Aurinkomatkat is selling Thailand starting from beginning of December 21. How they will manage quarantine ?
intuition likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum

First, one can expect this to be overly confident because of unreliable AstraZeneca.
Secondly, even if this succeeds, those 30% are the ages that are most active, like 30-40 year olds. So for travelling the 70% claim is pointless if traveller is in the 30% group.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...r-than-planned
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I second intuitions pessimistic post. Wishful, forget 2021. Mutations and idiotic entry rules will keep the globe on toes and ”safety safety safety” mood.
florens and intuition like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:41 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

That seems realistic.
I am in priority group 2 in Germany (Group 1 was people in nursing home and their carers, group 2 is medical staff + police + extremely vulnerable + > 70, groupe 3 is between 60 and 70, highly vulnerable, then everybody else). I have registered to get my jab more than a week ago and by the best estimate they plan my appointment in May. Meaning they will finish group 2 in June, group 3 is planned to take 3 months, so general population in Fall 2021. For the first shot.

I do not believe this. In summer Sweden closes down, including most of their healthcare. During July-August, they are stories regularly of people dying or having serious complications of treatable issues because the nearest open emergency room with an ambulance is 3 hours away. Doctors, ambulance drivers, nurses take their vacations and the healthcare is completely under-staffed during this 2 months. Considering how Sweden approach COVID and is doing the opposite of the right things (latest being long COVID is a myth that does not exist) and that Tegnell is against the vaccine, I wager they will not reach this goal.
Edit: even better, it turned out, discovered today, that the head vaccine coordinator of Sweden is the CEO of a company planning talk of anti-vaxxers.
intuition likes this.

Last edited by fransknorge; Apr 5, 2021 at 9:34 am
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Supplies seem to pick up - Finland gets now about the same amount a week it used to in a month - IIRC ca. 300k/week without the Janssen ones yet. The infrastructure is to administer the stabs is there (if Krista & co don't .... it up) - roughly speaking by July 70% should be realistic.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

As for sweden, the goal was "before summer" up until recently, the offical material stil says "phase 4" will commence june. This date has slipped due to delivery issues. "Commencing" as in the first ones in 18-59 age group will be invited to schedule their first appointment.

However, one must understand the infrastructure. These datese are calculated by central government based on statistics like influx of vaccine doses, number of vaccinated and unvaccinated in each age group. Central government is very clear that they do not carry the responsibility for the actual vaccinations - this is a "devolved" matter.
Regional health government has multiple issues fulfilling this. For one, health care is strained, with staff working under crisis conditions over an extended period of time. Also, a lot of them are suffering from side effects and/or long covid symptoms from being vaccinated early or contracting the virus early. Finally, contractors have been on contract for the entire Q1 and Q2 based on the initial timetable. With AZ failing to fulfill their contract, they have been idle and contracts are ending.

Even if vaccine doses suddenly start rolling in, there is no one there to actually perform the inocculations, at least over summer.

In sweden 500 000 has had 2 shots, in Finland 90 000 has had 2 shots. If we guess the 30-60 year group are those who fly, I guess we have some 4-5 million in Sweden and 2 million in Finland completely unvaccinated and without a firm date for their first shot. To get this group cleared by sept we need to organise some 7 million inocculations in april-june and then some 7 millions second shot in that same group july-sept.

Is that possible even if 15 million doses arrive on time? Maybe if we just mail the syringes to people and ask them to DIY...
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The infrastructure is to administer the stabs is there (if Krista & co don't .... it up)
Krista is currently sending the vaccines to foreign countries. While our government can't concentrate vaccines to areas most affected they seem to have no problem sending the vaccines out of the country. Wow, just wow.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/...c-08804ebe3eeb
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Supplies seem to pick up - Finland gets now about the same amount a week it used to in a month - IIRC ca. 300k/week without the Janssen ones yet. The infrastructure is to administer the stabs is there (if Krista & co don't .... it up) - roughly speaking by July 70% should be realistic.
EC promised 70% of adults by end of June. But, as Intuition pointed out already, this really means 50+y and role-based priority groups (e.g. teachers). And I'm guessing that, to save face, this will be interpreted to actually mean getting the first shot and thus being probably immunised. FWIW, French President promised all adults "proposed a vaccine" by "end of summer", which again means a first shot, and only well after the summer vacation season.

So first, unless you have no kids, and your partner is also 50+ or you are single, then that's no travel for you.
And second, if the destination country requires 2 weeks after second shot, then that's a no go for almost anybody this summer.

It remains to be seen what happens to travel restrictions within EU, and eventually within Europe and across the Atlantic. But AFAICT, Asia is not going to be possible until second half of next year.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffay005
Krista is currently sending the vaccines to foreign countries. While our government can't concentrate vaccines to areas most affected they seem to have no problem sending the vaccines out of the country. Wow, just wow.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/...c-08804ebe3eeb
It's true, it's marginal - 34.000 shots less. That's some 10% of a weekly amount arriving. And not "sending", just taking that much less delivery.

OTOH the BS about logistics issues about re-allocating doses from Kainuu to Vantaa is just mindblowing. Just don't put them on a truck heading to Kainuu after arrival at Vantaa airport - problem solved.

Originally Posted by Courmisch
EC promised 70% of adults by end of June.
For Finland - we're at 1m today. With 300k/week, in 12 weeks that's 3,6m more, so 70% is realistic. The weekly rate should even go higher as Janssen starts to come in and if AZ can finally get its act together its even more.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Apr 5, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:16 pm

It's true, it's marginal - 34.000 shots less.
I see your point, but it's not that simple. Ask Kajaani (36.000 inhabitants) whether they'd like to have every single inhabitant receive one jab or just leave everyone unvaccinated and send the stuff to Croatia...

Vuosaari is 38.000 inhabitants. They'd need those jabs more than anyone.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffay005
I see your point, but it's not that simple. Ask Kajaani (36.000 inhabitants) whether they'd like to have every single inhabitant receive one jab or just leave everyone unvaccinated and send the stuff to Croatia...

Vuosaari is 38.000 inhabitants. They'd need those jabs more than anyone.
C'mon, a one-off 34k jabs (arithmetically) means that the total vaccination program gets delayed by 16 hours (1/10th of a week). This gov't have already caused orders of magnitude larger damage.
r2d2 and LoungeEnthusiast like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Finnair

I think we also need to remember that no one is protected until all are protected. It's a pandemic. If we let it rage somewhere in the world chances are it will mutate enough to make those already vaccinated vulnerable again.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:41 pm

C'mon, a one-off 34k jabs (arithmetically) means that the total vaccination program gets delayed by 16 hours (1/10th of a week). This gov't have already caused orders of magnitude larger damage.
I don't disagree with you, yet I find that the message they're sending out here is highly inapproriate and detrimental, and will not contribute to the "let's do this together" spirit that would be needed right now, (defining "together" as "Finns together").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.