Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Courmisch
How to get a SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test certificate for travel from Finland?

This wiki post details the means to obtain a PCR-test test certificate in Finland for travel. It is possible to completely avoid the cartel prices of over 200€ (Terveystalo, 9Lives, etc.) by getting a certified from the public sector.

Where to get the test?

Print-at-home test result certificates are available for public sector tests taken in the following regions:
  • Uusimaa,
  • Kymi valley,
  • Northern Ostrobothnia,
  • South Karelia.
The PDF certificate for the last test taken can be downloaded from KoronaTietoni ( https://www.koronatietoni.fi/ ) within an hour after the test results are notified by SMS. You will need Finnish bank or mobile authentication codes to proceed.

It is expected that, in the second phase of deployment of the EU green pass in Finland, test results will be available from Kanta.fi regardless of locality. At the moment, Kanta.fi can only provide Finnish national vaccination certificates. In the first phase of deployment, (only) the vaccination certificates will be converted to EU format.

How to apply for the test?

There are several ways to apply for and take a suitable test:
  • If you have Covid-19 symptoms (based on self-diagnostic), you can get a test via Omaolo: https://www.omaolo.fi/
  • If you are returning to (or entering) Finland less than 14 days before the intended test date, you can apply from FinEntry: https://www.finentry.fi/
  • Visit the appointment-free test bus in poorer Helsinki districts. The schedule is available here:
    https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/coronavirus-en/social-and-health/coronavirus-test/
Print Wikipost

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I don't know on what basis you draw that inference. But medical treatment has been the root cause of the problem all along, with hospital getting saturated.
I guess you misunderstand since my English is not perfect. The root cause was that we don t have a working medical treatment, I m talking about something like Penicillin, a working medication for the infected.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Not in recent months - only certain groups (truck drivers, emergency workers, etc) were allowed. Many Estonians coming to work (construction, etc) were turned back and even more didn't dare go home because they couldn't have returned.

The text is ambiguous - should state "inbound work travel", as outbound was/could never forbidden.
Ah, you meant TO Finland. Yes, that has been restricted lately.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by reflektia
Ah, you meant TO Finland. Yes, that has been restricted lately.
FROM Finland, all travel has been permitted, albeit not recommended, all the time.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
FROM Finland, all travel has been permitted, albeit not recommended, all the time.
A collegue of mine reached milestone of 100 PCR tests in february, so some people have been travelling most of the time.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
100 PCR tests in february
Insane.

I havent been to any and lets see how long can I keep it that way.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
Krista is currently sending the vaccines to foreign countries. While our government can't concentrate vaccines to areas most affected they seem to have no problem sending the vaccines out of the country. Wow, just wow.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/...c-08804ebe3eeb
Your comment is absolutely ridiculous and petty. First Krista is not sending anything. It is not a one person call. And why would you ever think that her goal somehow would be to put foreigners above Finns? That there is a hidden agenda to kill as many Finns as possible? Maybe she is even bribed by foreign countries? Foreign agent? Or what is your reasoning?

Do you even see the contradiction in your post? "While our government can't concentrate vaccines to areas most affected" That is exactly what they are doing, just that the most affected they help are not in Finland. This is not a "everyone for themselves" situation. Finland has no vaccine production. If it was everyone for themselves, we would not get any vaccines for more than a year, before Finland can develop and manufacture their own vaccine. All countries would limit their vaccines to their own population first. We would get nothing!

And they are not sending vaccines anywhere. They just agreed to take a bit less to help others in greater need. That is a very generous and noble thing to do.

The priority is vaccines are to save lives. After that to limit the spread. The chance to leisure travel is pretty low on the list.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
A collegue of mine reached milestone of 100 PCR tests in february, so some people have been travelling most of the time.
I had 10 in Feb. I am still upset about the shameless fee extortion I was subjected to at Terveystalo, around 230 eur for the PCR test incl. 25 eur mandatory triage nurse appointment before which you cannot take the test (lähete). They even charged 10 eur for printing out the certificate! There the test was the most thorough one as well, they did some serious digging. To maximise chances of a +ve result, so the victim has to stay in the spider web and possibly come again to more tests? The waiting area was squalid. Never again if it's up to me. Don't go there if you have a choice. 9lives offers the same deal for around 100 eur; HUS for free! Stay away from Terveystalo.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by zxcv1
I had 10 in Feb. I am still upset about the shameless fee extortion I was subjected to at Terveystalo, around 230 eur for the PCR test incl. 25 eur mandatory triage nurse appointment before which you cannot take the test (lähete). They even charged 10 eur for printing out the certificate! There the test was the most thorough one as well, they did some serious digging. To maximise chances of a +ve result, so the victim has to stay in the spider web and possibly come again to more tests? The waiting area was squalid. Never again if it's up to me. Don't go there if you have a choice. 9lives offers the same deal for around 100 eur; HUS for free! Stay away from Terveystalo.
Those not located in Helsinki don’t have much choice though.... for me it was Mehilainen or Terveystalo. At least the latter offered a Finnair discount, but of course the price still ended up outrageous anyways
esledo likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: AY platinum, Sixt diamond, IHG diamond, ALL diamond
I've been flying intra-Europe for work pretty consistently since August. I've never had any issues or had to quarantine except when coming back home but that is to be expected. My total is 25 covid tests at this point. At some point I was travelling so frequently I didn't even bother with the second swab because I'd be out of the country again before the result would come in.

An invitation letter is an amazing thing, with one of those I can just waltz into any EU country like it was my own living room.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by parrukeisari

An invitation letter is an amazing thing, with one of those I can just waltz into any EU country like it was my own living room.
Is there an EU-wide invitation?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 4:19 am

Unfortunately I have yet to see one that would even extend beyond one engineering visit to one client site at one specific point in time.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
No. I don't even know which countries give exemption from quarantine for business travelers. HU certainly does, that's one of the few exemptions non-HU citizens can enter the country. (Need to keep those German and Korean factories running)

Any pointers for other countries?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
No. I don't even know which countries give exemption from quarantine for business travelers. HU certainly does, that's one of the few exemptions non-HU citizens can enter the country. (Need to keep those German and Korean factories running)

Any pointers for other countries?
At least Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, UK, and Ireland. Even NZ, Thailand, Singapore and Japan can be entered (with quarantine). The thing is that you need to be essential worker for critical job, eg elevator service engineer or hospital ICU equipment service engineer (and such that your competence cannot be found domestically).
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:13 am

At least Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, UK, and Ireland. Even NZ, Thailand, Singapore and Japan can be entered (with quarantine). The thing is that you need to be essential worker for critical job, eg elevator service engineer or hospital ICU equipment service engineer (and such that your competence cannot be found domestically).
Yes, the invitation letter is basically written by my client and addressed to whomever at the border guard explaining my motivations for entering the country. A lot of countries waive the quarantine requirement for essential workers and in others where I would be exempt from quarantine anyway (for example Austria) it makes the entry formalities a breeze.

I work in the pharmaceutical industry so what happens is usually they just look at the letterhead, recognise the client's name from the news and wave me through.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by parrukeisari
I work in the pharmaceutical industry.
Conclusion about your nickname, You work for Pfizer and on blue.
r2d2, ffay005, temppa and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.