Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Courmisch
How to get a SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test certificate for travel from Finland?

This wiki post details the means to obtain a PCR-test test certificate in Finland for travel. It is possible to completely avoid the cartel prices of over 200€ (Terveystalo, 9Lives, etc.) by getting a certified from the public sector.

Where to get the test?

Print-at-home test result certificates are available for public sector tests taken in the following regions:
  • Uusimaa,
  • Kymi valley,
  • Northern Ostrobothnia,
  • South Karelia.
The PDF certificate for the last test taken can be downloaded from KoronaTietoni ( https://www.koronatietoni.fi/ ) within an hour after the test results are notified by SMS. You will need Finnish bank or mobile authentication codes to proceed.

It is expected that, in the second phase of deployment of the EU green pass in Finland, test results will be available from Kanta.fi regardless of locality. At the moment, Kanta.fi can only provide Finnish national vaccination certificates. In the first phase of deployment, (only) the vaccination certificates will be converted to EU format.

How to apply for the test?

There are several ways to apply for and take a suitable test:
  • If you have Covid-19 symptoms (based on self-diagnostic), you can get a test via Omaolo: https://www.omaolo.fi/
  • If you are returning to (or entering) Finland less than 14 days before the intended test date, you can apply from FinEntry: https://www.finentry.fi/
  • Visit the appointment-free test bus in poorer Helsinki districts. The schedule is available here:
    https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/coronavirus-en/social-and-health/coronavirus-test/
Print Wikipost

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Isn't it nice how distributed all this is?

Koronarokotusaika.fi
Kanta.fi
Koronatietoni.fi
Hus.fi/korona
(private providers' own pages, like Omaterveys.fi)

Do I miss something?

You may take a wild guess what info/certificate/etc is found under which website - fun for the whole family.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Isn't it nice how distributed all this is?

Koronarokotusaika.fi
Kanta.fi
Koronatietoni.fi
Hus.fi/korona

Do I miss something?

You may take a wild guess what info/certificate/etc is found under which website - fun for the whole family.
Still likely more reliable then the CDC cardboard piece 😁😁

I have one of those in my wallet and I doubt it will impress/convince ANYONE 😀😀
Old May 26, 2021, 11:13 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kauppias
Still likely more reliable then the CDC cardboard piece 😁😁

I have one of those in my wallet and I doubt it will impress/convince ANYONE 😀😀
My cardboard slip certainly impressed my friends in Finland who haven't gotten anywhere with getting vaxxed 😂😂
Old May 27, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
My cardboard slip certainly impressed my friends in Finland who haven't gotten anywhere with getting vaxxed 😂😂
I suppose it depends on the friends 🤣🤣 helps to have friends in the first place too 🤣😀😊

But I was thinking more in the lines of border guards etc 😀😀

Made me laugh when they gave me that cdc paper especially when it's so easy to make yourself 😊😊😊
Old May 27, 2021, 12:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can buy blank vaccination cards and yellow WHO format booklets on amazon for 20-30 cents a piece.

The test reports are also easily produceable if you want to. Sadly there is no system of verification of any documentation right now. That is what the EU pass is trying to achieve, sadly it will take months to implement
kauppias likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

koronarokotusaika.fi
kanta.fi
koronatietoni.fi
Hus.fi/korona

Do I miss something?
Here are a few more I ran across

koronabotti.hus.fi
omaolo.fi

Probably the easiest use is photoshop.com
Old May 27, 2021, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can buy blank vaccination cards and yellow WHO format booklets on amazon for 20-30 cents a piece.

The test reports are also easily produceable if you want to. Sadly there is no system of verification of any documentation right now. That is what the EU pass is trying to achieve, sadly it will take months to implement
Indeed, the CDC cards seem to be available in many places for download 😀🤣 and with the information needed to fill them out 🤦
Old May 27, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005
If you live in the HUS area, you can additionally generate a pdf certificate showing your newest negative result, but not at Omakanta, you'll need to go to Koronatietoni for that. (This apparently works for non-HUS area Finns, as well, if you are willing to take a few steps..)
Can confirm, this also worked for my Finentry-originated second test done in Tampere. Was even thinking it would be cheaper just to take a day cruise to Tallinn and print out the Finentry/HUS test certificate than take another Aava test for my next trip- if TK accepts them.

Last edited by aapee; May 27, 2021 at 3:42 am
Old May 27, 2021, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aapee
Can confirm, this also worked for my Finentry-originated second test done in Tampere. Was even thinking it would be cheaper just to take a day cruise to Tallinn and print out the Finentry/HUS test certificate than take another Aava test for my next trip- if TK accepts them.
Hey, this is FT, so no day cruise to Tallinn, but turnaround flight to ARN or TLL ! Still cheaper, especially with points than privately done tests. The HUS test is PCR, that should suffice to all concerned.

According to the news, Tallink offers 38€ onboard testing, but it's not PCR, but antigen (?)

Last edited by WilcoRoger; May 27, 2021 at 4:28 am
Old May 27, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I have not tried (and I will not), but you just as well imagine that you just came (back) to Finland and get a free test from Finentry.fi. Well, that's not really different than finding that you have a symptom to get HUS to pay for the test.
Old May 27, 2021, 9:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
What ramp-up?

https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/bluewi...amp-up-2290604
OH-LGG likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Hey, this is FT, so no day cruise to Tallinn, but turnaround flight to ARN or TLL ! Still cheaper, especially with points than privately done tests. The HUS test is PCR, that should suffice to all concerned.

According to the news, Tallink offers 38€ onboard testing, but it's not PCR, but antigen (?)
ARN won't work as you'll need the tes to be able to board a plane to Sweden. TLL would work, Estonia doesn't require anything. But AY won't let you on the homebound without paperwork.

Synlanb in Tallinn makes PCR tests for 65 EUR.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ARN won't work as you'll need the tes to be able to board a plane to Sweden. TLL would work, Estonia doesn't require anything. But AY won't let you on the homebound without paperwork.

If you already had your first jab, AY accepts that (no need for test) so TLL would be an option.

For ARN it is questionable, as transit pax need nothing (IIRC) and you ARE transiting at ARN
Old May 27, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo

HUS cert taken ~60 hours earlier works very well for returning from TLL and is free. No symptom declaration needed for the test.
Old May 28, 2021, 3:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by cistavoda
HUS cert taken ~60 hours earlier works very well for returning from TLL and is free. No symptom declaration needed for the test.
Of course. But Aapee doesn't live in the HUS area. OTOH, apparently the no-appointment-vans in the suburbs of Helsinki might work for him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.