Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Courmisch
How to get a SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test certificate for travel from Finland?

This wiki post details the means to obtain a PCR-test test certificate in Finland for travel. It is possible to completely avoid the cartel prices of over 200€ (Terveystalo, 9Lives, etc.) by getting a certified from the public sector.

Where to get the test?

Print-at-home test result certificates are available for public sector tests taken in the following regions:
  • Uusimaa,
  • Kymi valley,
  • Northern Ostrobothnia,
  • South Karelia.
The PDF certificate for the last test taken can be downloaded from KoronaTietoni ( https://www.koronatietoni.fi/ ) within an hour after the test results are notified by SMS. You will need Finnish bank or mobile authentication codes to proceed.

It is expected that, in the second phase of deployment of the EU green pass in Finland, test results will be available from Kanta.fi regardless of locality. At the moment, Kanta.fi can only provide Finnish national vaccination certificates. In the first phase of deployment, (only) the vaccination certificates will be converted to EU format.

How to apply for the test?

There are several ways to apply for and take a suitable test:
  • If you have Covid-19 symptoms (based on self-diagnostic), you can get a test via Omaolo: https://www.omaolo.fi/
  • If you are returning to (or entering) Finland less than 14 days before the intended test date, you can apply from FinEntry: https://www.finentry.fi/
  • Visit the appointment-free test bus in poorer Helsinki districts. The schedule is available here:
    https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/coronavirus-en/social-and-health/coronavirus-test/
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond

Today Pfizer released promising news. Finnair share +35%.

Is this finally the beginning of the end? For sure the recent point purchase promotion just got much more interesting.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Simple answer -No. Pfizer says they can produce 1.5 billion shots of vaccine in the next 12 month, so it will goes a little on till the majority of the population will be immune. Maybe we are on track to normal, but it will take a while.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Biontech showed today the sucessful results of her Phase III for her vaccine.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Today Pfizer released promising news. Finnair share +35%.

Is this finally the beginning of the end? For sure the recent point purchase promotion just got much more interesting.
Why purchasing points is now more interesting?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:18 am

I think it is the beginning of the end. Pfizer is saying 1.5billions in 12 months. I guess it is estimated on Pfizers production capacity. There is more production capacity in the world IF this one is so good they claim it to be.

While we are waiting there is always Ivermectin already available. Seems to be very effective as prophylactic, at least according to available studies. I have tried it when visiting "dangerous" places. No adverse effects or 'rona for me. OTOH I can't even say how much or if I've been exposed for the virus.

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending anything. Always consult your doctor.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
The high efficiency of the vaccine is certainly good news, as it makes me hopeful that having gotten the vaccine in itself may make one exempt from quarantine procedures (as with yellow fever).

This would mean that things can start to return to notmal faster, as a herd immunity would not be required before travel could start opening up.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I will wait min 1 year after first approved vaccine has been taken by folks.
safe regards, mr. narcolepsia
ffay005, Ed Size, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
I will wait min 1 year after first approved vaccine has been taken by folks.
safe regards, mr. narcolepsia
While a terrible condition, wouldn't it be quite nice on boring MRs to just doze off?
Just put your ticket, passport and AY+ card in a wallet around your neck, label it "Unaccompanied Adult" with instructions "If I am sleeping, just leave me in the seat as I am already checked in for the same-plan return flight"
Fims, the810, cistavoda and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA - EXP
Mr Wendover Productions has a great video (linked below) on the logistical challenge of a vaccine.

Premature to say this is the beginning of the end for COIVD-19 but certainly this is good news!!

Last edited by mosfet; Nov 9, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:38 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Don't forget that other companies are testing promising vaccines, too. Pfizer may have 1.2b by next year, but AZ and J&J may have vaccines in production, too. J&J's current trial only requires one shot.
Regardless of how you look at this, it's nice to finally get some concrete and positive news.
r2d2 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Bdsm
Finnair share will be down as soon as... tomorrow?
<br />

of course

well rather likely these will be turbulent times in travel stocks
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
On this news alone I wouldn't invest serious money in travel related stocks. Of course as the saying goes "when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping"
Old Nov 10, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by TBD
Don't forget that other companies are testing promising vaccines, too. Pfizer may have 1.2b by next year, but AZ and J&J may have vaccines in production, too. J&J's current trial only requires one shot.
Regardless of how you look at this, it's nice to finally get some concrete and positive news.
It is not only about the pure amount of vaccine shoots, it also needs the man power and the infrastructure to treat billions of people. Alone in Germany they say they want to treat close to 52 million people, all of then needs two shoots. And in 2021 max. 60 places in the whole country will be allowed to treat people, just do the maths and you will find out it will take quite a time.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Why purchasing points is now more interesting?
While the 75k tier points doesn't help if you're already platinum - they will not count towards Lumo as for that one specifically needs AY flights with no exceptions - it's still an attractive offer.

Finnair can ramp up frequencies at a relatively short notice should demand warrant it. To the horror of climate activists, polls are suggesting that people are gonna fly a lot after covid19. If the vaccination means the end for restrictions, I can realistically see Finnair unwrapping their parked planes. The lounges will reopen. All of these good things just became much more likely to happen in 2021, even perhaps in Q1/2021 already. The risk associated with valuation of points - and existence of Finnair, just became much reduced. In Bayesian terms, obtaining this new information changed the underlying odds for the recovery of aviation in our favour. The promotions thread is full of calculations of varying sophistication of how the points will help. If anything else, the 300k will go a long way making requalification to platinum easier in 2023. There will be many uses as the aviation activity and Finnair can now. be expected to recover, at least the prospects are much better. The markets agree - the Finnair share is up +65% and going through the moon as I'm typing this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by zxcv1
While the 75k tier points doesn't help if you're already platinum - they will not count towards Lumo as for that one specifically needs AY flights with no exceptions - it's still an attractive offer.
Incorrect - suppose you have 375k TP from AY flights and nothing else, then these 75k TP will take you to Lumo. (AFAIK 350k on AY code is the requirement)
intuition likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.