Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Courmisch
How to get a SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test certificate for travel from Finland?

This wiki post details the means to obtain a PCR-test test certificate in Finland for travel. It is possible to completely avoid the cartel prices of over 200€ (Terveystalo, 9Lives, etc.) by getting a certified from the public sector.

Where to get the test?

Print-at-home test result certificates are available for public sector tests taken in the following regions:
  • Uusimaa,
  • Kymi valley,
  • Northern Ostrobothnia,
  • South Karelia.
The PDF certificate for the last test taken can be downloaded from KoronaTietoni ( https://www.koronatietoni.fi/ ) within an hour after the test results are notified by SMS. You will need Finnish bank or mobile authentication codes to proceed.

It is expected that, in the second phase of deployment of the EU green pass in Finland, test results will be available from Kanta.fi regardless of locality. At the moment, Kanta.fi can only provide Finnish national vaccination certificates. In the first phase of deployment, (only) the vaccination certificates will be converted to EU format.

How to apply for the test?

There are several ways to apply for and take a suitable test:
  • If you have Covid-19 symptoms (based on self-diagnostic), you can get a test via Omaolo: https://www.omaolo.fi/
  • If you are returning to (or entering) Finland less than 14 days before the intended test date, you can apply from FinEntry: https://www.finentry.fi/
  • Visit the appointment-free test bus in poorer Helsinki districts. The schedule is available here:
    https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/coronavirus-en/social-and-health/coronavirus-test/
Print Wikipost

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Qantas is planning to make corona vaccination mandatory for all international passengers once it's available. Bad news for anti-vaxxers. Qantas plays it's part in protecting their continent from foreign diseases. Very unlikely to see Finnair making similar move due to all asian transfer passengers.
FFlash likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Australia has its share of authority defiance. While their PM has said vaccination will be as mandatory as possible for all citizens, I can imagine a lot of people going to great lengths to avoid taking it.

Still, it is a slightly odd stance for an airline. If it is their role to "protect the country", why don't they implement bio-hazard screening of all pax? You can get aboard an QF flight with a bag of fruit e.g. which is considered a big threat to the country.

-- Added
I'm going to answer that one myself:
It is because it makes such great TV for the vultures at channel 7 to film foreigners bringing all but the kitchen sink on their YOLO trip to AU

Last edited by intuition; Nov 24, 2020 at 12:40 am
Old Nov 24, 2020, 1:46 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by avermat
Qantas is planning to make corona vaccination mandatory for all international passengers once it's available. Bad news for anti-vaxxers. Qantas plays its part in protecting their continent from foreign diseases. Very unlikely to see Finnair making similar move due to all asian transfer passengers.
That only means that travel to Australia won't pick up anytime soon - since it will take a while till potential travelers get their vaccine, also there will be many who don´t stand first in line if a new vaccine is rolled out. And I don t call it "Bad news" if I have another reason for not traveling to Australia
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
I'm going to answer that one myself:
It is because it makes such great TV for the vultures at channel 7 to film foreigners bringing all but the kitchen sink on their YOLO trip to AU
We have this show on one of the channels in FIN. Once arriving at SYD, there were signs about Border Patrol filming on location and if one's not happy what to do to avoid being accidentally (or otherwise) filmed.

I very much WANTED to be filmed and be on the show but I saw no sign of the camera crew so it was smooth sailing with just a nod to the customs/quarantine officers.

Totally OT - just compare this show with the similar US show and you can't stop wondering about the polite professionalism of the Ozzy officers in comparison to their N-American collegues
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:02 am

​​​​​​I have tickets to Australia. Guess I can cancel them right away, probably also needed to move them forward in x months or years. Wouldn't describe myself as an anti-vaxxer, have had all the "good old" vaccines. But will certainly not stand first in line for this one, I'll let the old an vulnerable have it first. Think I stick with my Ivermectin pills for a while. 😅
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:11 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Totally OT - just compare this show with the similar US show and you can't stop wondering about the polite professionalism of the Ozzy officers in comparison to their N-American collegues
Oh yes very true. Even the handling of hammered bogans arriving home with souvenirs like stuffed animals, weapons, plants and so on, getting agitated and whiny "why you pull me over, I am 'strai-an" (a.k.a. Australian)

My beef isn't with the ABF, it is with TV's unscrupulous exploration of visitors from certain places. If you over and over air footage of a few select nationalities bringing the same kind of food items (forbidden to bring, but culturally important to the traveller) you'll end up with the N-american public discourse, even if the agents are polite professionals.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I am not against the measure in principles. But how is that going to work in practice? Will WHO define vaccination certificates? and how will they be identified?

Also, what about people who have actual medical reasons not be vaccinated? especially if they are Australian citizens?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I am not against the measure in principles. But how is that going to work in practice? Will WHO define vaccination certificates? and how will they be identified?

Also, what about people who have actual medical reasons not be vaccinated? especially if they are Australian citizens?
There are other airlines ;-) But I m sure everything said at the moment won't last very long. Once there is more experience the rules will be adjusted, either way.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards

There is the so called "yellow passport" (which I think is a WHO format document) which is the universally accepted certification for vaccinations received. I never had one, but my Mom used to have in the 70's & 80's when she travelled a lot to Asia and Africa. I guess it is still around.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I guess it is still around.
Yes, it is. I got mine a bit over a year ago with the yellow fever vaccination. It's still 1970's style, basically a piece of cardboard where the vaccinations are written with pen and confirmed by the signature of the person giving the vaccination, so probably not the most reliable document
ffay005 and Silver Fox like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
There is the so called "yellow passport" (which I think is a WHO format document) which is the universally accepted certification for vaccinations received. I never had one, but my Mom used to have in the 70's & 80's when she travelled a lot to Asia and Africa. I guess it is still around.
I have one. It is a total joke as can easily be forged if one wants to.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels

It should not be too difficult. There is already a model for this, the (ancient paper format) yellow fever vaccination certificate. As it concerns mostly developing countries, nobody has been interested in bringing it to the 21st century, but when thinking about this today, I came up with the following idea:

Registered vaccination centres worldwide (like with yellow fever).
Plastic card, the size of a credit card, with basic security features, first names, last name, date of birth and photo. Basically it could look like an ID card.
In addition, the card would include your country of birth / citizenship, the country where you live or whatever is needed.
Most importantly, the card would show the date of the first shot and the date of the second shot, as well as the date as of which it is valid (which is probably a week or so after the second shot).

When you get your second shot, you bring your photo with you and fill in a form, and the card is mailed to you after the second shot and should reach you before its validity starts.

Then you can show this card together with your passport at immigration, when boarding your plane, or (without your passport) even when entering a shop or restaurant or spa or whatever.

Shouldn't be too difficult to implement, and if the WHO does this, it should be widely accepted. OTOH, if the WHO does nothing, the EU could do this on their own. It would surely be accepted by most of the world as EU tourists are usually highly appreciated.
cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Ooh, I might actually have that piece of folded cardboard document aside in my child health book. While I still use the health book to track tetra-vaccination, I never used the piece of cardboard.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have and use it anywhere I go. Is there anything else proof?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Noticed this article related to the ”digital health pass” which would be used as a certificate of the negative test result and vaccination:

https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/pr/2020-11-23-01/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.