Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Courmisch
How to get a SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR test certificate for travel from Finland?

This wiki post details the means to obtain a PCR-test test certificate in Finland for travel. It is possible to completely avoid the cartel prices of over 200€ (Terveystalo, 9Lives, etc.) by getting a certified from the public sector.

Where to get the test?

Print-at-home test result certificates are available for public sector tests taken in the following regions:
  • Uusimaa,
  • Kymi valley,
  • Northern Ostrobothnia,
  • South Karelia.
The PDF certificate for the last test taken can be downloaded from KoronaTietoni ( https://www.koronatietoni.fi/ ) within an hour after the test results are notified by SMS. You will need Finnish bank or mobile authentication codes to proceed.

It is expected that, in the second phase of deployment of the EU green pass in Finland, test results will be available from Kanta.fi regardless of locality. At the moment, Kanta.fi can only provide Finnish national vaccination certificates. In the first phase of deployment, (only) the vaccination certificates will be converted to EU format.

How to apply for the test?

There are several ways to apply for and take a suitable test:
  • If you have Covid-19 symptoms (based on self-diagnostic), you can get a test via Omaolo: https://www.omaolo.fi/
  • If you are returning to (or entering) Finland less than 14 days before the intended test date, you can apply from FinEntry: https://www.finentry.fi/
  • Visit the appointment-free test bus in poorer Helsinki districts. The schedule is available here:
    https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/coronavirus-en/social-and-health/coronavirus-test/
Print Wikipost

Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 7:11 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Incorrect - suppose you have 375k TP from AY flights and nothing else, then these 75k TP will take you to Lumo. (AFAIK 350k on AY code is the requirement)
In a scenario when going for lumo by 100% AY a better purchase would be the 100k AP, as that would give you 50k TP and plenty of AP to exchange for another 50k TP, ie optimally filling the non-AY quota with this offer
Old Nov 10, 2020, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Incorrect - suppose you have 375k TP from AY flights and nothing else, then these 75k TP will take you to Lumo. (AFAIK 350k on AY code is the requirement)
Fantastic! All the more reason why the offer is attractive, albeit only ever so slightly more due to this particular reason.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by zxcv1
There will be many uses as the aviation activity and Finnair can now. be expected to recover, at least the prospects are much better. The markets agree - the Finnair share is up +65% and going through the moon as I'm typing this.
Unfortunately I don't see anything that would start recovery.

Just an illusion (press release) of a vaccine that may be ready and coming out sometime and may not be ready.and coming out. Nothing real.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Unfortunately I don't see anything that would start recovery.

Just an illusion (press release) of a vaccine that may be ready and coming out sometime and may not be ready.and coming out. Nothing real.
Yeah, while the news was certainly good, it is still a long way from being a finished product that starts recovery.

Also, recovery of travel demand is a completely different story altogether.

At least it seems as if a vaccine is technically possible to manufacture for this virus, the opposite situation would have been a bit unfortunate.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:33 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by Ed Size
It is not only about the pure amount of vaccine shoots, it also needs the man power and the infrastructure to treat billions of people. Alone in Germany they say they want to treat close to 52 million people, all of then needs two shoots. And in 2021 max. 60 places in the whole country will be allowed to treat people, just do the maths and you will find out it will take quite a time.
Well, that also varies a bit by product. Pfizer's vaccine is two shots and requires storage at something like -80C. That really restricts what facilities are capable of receiving/handling the vaccine. But, other vaccines are single shot and/or do not require such cold storage and are easier to distribute.
Point being ... there's more out there than just what we see with Pfizer. Trying to find some hope here!
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It is not only about the pure amount of vaccine shoots, it also needs the man power and the infrastructure to treat billions of people. Alone in Germany they say they want to treat close to 52 million people, all of then needs two shoots. And in 2021 max. 60 places in the whole country will be allowed to treat people, just do the maths and you will find out it will take quite a time.
Why billions of people? North America and Europe, oh yes. But apart from that, very few people will get the vaccine. The Russians and the Chinese have their own vaccines. The wealthy in those countries might take the western vaccine abroad, of course.

But in South America, especially in Africa, and in most of Asia, only a very small part of the population will be vaccinated. Mostly those who are wealthy enough to travel abroad, I presume, and in some cases perhaps health care professionals.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:53 pm

It will be interesting to see if there will be something similar to a yellow fever vaccination requirement and certificate. I would assume so – but which vaccines will be accepted? That should not differ from country to country, otherwise globetrotters need like seven different vaccines.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 1:04 pm

It's obviously good news - it's the first proof that a vaccine actually helps avoid being infected. Other vaccines will follow soon.

Undecided whether I will rush to get vaccinated as soon as possible or wait a little. There is some risk obviously, but Covid-19 complications aren't nice too, and it would be nice to no longer have to avoid other people.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
Why billions of people? North America and Europe, oh yes. But apart from that, very few people will get the vaccine. The Russians and the Chinese have their own vaccines. The wealthy in those countries might take the western vaccine abroad, of course.

But in South America, especially in Africa, and in most of Asia, only a very small part of the population will be vaccinated. Mostly those who are wealthy enough to travel abroad, I presume, and in some cases perhaps health care professionals.
This is very true.
The vaccine is only needed and intended for North America and Europe and the poor locked in people down under. Maybe also some East Asian countries. ​​​​​500 million doses is probably enough.

India is doing good, with current decline in cases and dead covid won't be a problem for long.
Large parts of South America are also in steady decline.
Covid has never been a major problem in Africa. Young population with far worse things and diseases to worry about in daily life. (+seriously, distributing a -70C vaccine in Africa).
​​
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:57 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by TBD
Well, that also varies a bit by product. Pfizer's vaccine is two shots and requires storage at something like -80C. That really restricts what facilities are capable of receiving/handling the vaccine. But, other vaccines are single shot and/or do not require such cold storage and are easier to distribute.
Point being ... there's more out there than just what we see with Pfizer. Trying to find some hope here!
Several Phase III tests going on at the moment, most likely there will be several different vaccines in production in Q1/21. During 2021 we will take a big step towards normalcy.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:11 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by TBD
I just can say what I observe here in Germany, and they are ordering 100.000.000 shots of the Pfizer vaccine, to treat about 70% of the population.

Originally Posted by ffay005

You may be right, but this thing won´t work before 70% of the population is immune (thats what the doctors say). So the world has to deal with COVID a little longer if we don t care about the others.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:45 am

You may be right, but this thing won´t work before 70% of the population is immune (thats what the doctors say). So the world has to deal with COVID a little longer if we don t care about the others.
I would assume that a vaccine certificate will be required for all border crossings all over the world. Thus, the virus will continue circulating in eg. Africa just like it does today, since most people will not be vaccinated and will stay in their homecountry, but it will not spread to Europe again if most Europeans as well as everyone travelling between Europe and Africa are vaccinated.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:44 am

I just can say what I observe here in Germany, and they are ordering 100.000.000 shots of the Pfizer vaccine, to treat about 70% of the population.
Do you have a source for that?

According to this article (Frankfurter Rundschau, in German), Germany wants to get 100.000.000 shots from the EU order, but the whole EU order is only for 200.000.000 shots plus an option for 100.000.000 more and has to be divided among all EU members, with Germany getting about 19% of the total amount.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Do you have a source for that?

According to this article (Frankfurter Rundschau, in German), Germany wants to get 100.000.000 shots from the EU order, but the whole EU order is only for 200.000.000 shots plus an option for 100.000.000 more and has to be divided among all EU members, with Germany getting about 19% of the total amount.
The source is basicly Jens Spahn (our minister of health) who repeatedly say this in press conferences or in tv interviews. His wording is like "we secured us up to 100.000.000 shots".

I too couldn t believe that Germany would get so much from the EUs first order and I think it is stupid to only go after the first available vaccine.

I personally think that most of this is politically motivated, and have no idea if its true, but they want to look good at the moment and send out hope while destroying big parts of small businesses. The whole concept german politics present in their plan doesn't sound too convincing.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:50 am

The source is basicly Jens Spahn (our minister of health) who repeatedly say this in press conferences or in tv interviews. His wording is like "we secured us up to 100.000.000 shots".
I think it's the number for all vaccines combined, not just for the Pfizer/Biontech one. There is also a much older order for the vaccine from AstraZeneca, and probably other orders as well. Makes sense not to put all eggs in a single basket I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.