FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good news, is this the beginning of the end for Covid19?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:20 am
Ed Size

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Do you have a source for that?

According to this article (Frankfurter Rundschau, in German), Germany wants to get 100.000.000 shots from the EU order, but the whole EU order is only for 200.000.000 shots plus an option for 100.000.000 more and has to be divided among all EU members, with Germany getting about 19% of the total amount.
The source is basicly Jens Spahn (our minister of health) who repeatedly say this in press conferences or in tv interviews. His wording is like "we secured us up to 100.000.000 shots".

I too couldn t believe that Germany would get so much from the EUs first order and I think it is stupid to only go after the first available vaccine.

I personally think that most of this is politically motivated, and have no idea if its true, but they want to look good at the moment and send out hope while destroying big parts of small businesses. The whole concept german politics present in their plan doesn't sound too convincing.