Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 31570324
Anyone?
It will be through-checked if on the same ticket.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
It will be through-checked if on the same ticket.
Thank you.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
I would expect that you can check the luggage through. Especially as you are flying AY/AY.

If not, you can check it in as you arrive to HEL....
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:57 am

Fairly obscure question here (maybe right for the newbie thread, maybe not!): I flew a couple of days ago from HEL to JFK and am a sucker for the Ultima Thule glassware that was used on the flight.

Do you know what size they serve the blueberry signature cocktail in? Is that the 6 oz sparkling wine glass? I'm looking to buy online but am paranoid about buying something smaller than the one I tried, which was fairly small for wine already.

http://www.fjorn.com/iittala-thule-c...glass-set.html

Would love to find out if anyone knows!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It is indeed the 18 cl sparkling wine glasses they use for the signature drink.

If you are travelling on AY soon, you might want to look at the finnairshop.com as they are discounted currently, selling at 25€/2pc
Attached Images  

Last edited by intuition; Aug 3, 2017 at 11:31 am
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by intuition
It is indeed the 18 cl sparkling wine glasses they use for the signature drink.
If you are travelling on AY soon, you might want to look at the finnairshop.com as they are discounted currently, selling at 25€/2pc
Thank you for such a quick/helpful response! I saw that and it's killing me, but I don't see myself heading back on AY again for a bit, and that price/size I believe is for on-air purchase only. I also found a decent alternative price elsewhere that ships to NYC, so not the end of the world!

Had a fantastic flight, btw. HEL itself was a lovely transfer and I made full use of the sauna during my layover from CPH.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:13 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yup, the shop is a bit odd. The sparkling wine and the on-the-rocks glass (both used onboard) are only sold with plane delivery, while the rest of the line is only sold with home delivery.

I like the 18cl glasses too, for the right kind of drinks. Great for champers, pre-dinner drinks et.c. but they are on the small side for other drinks. On shorthaul I've gotten my beer served in these glasses quite some times, pretty funny. (but I've heard they have recently acquired the similarly shaped 38cl glasses for this.)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:26 pm

Yeah, I think they will be ideal for aperitifs, champagne, juice in a pinch, and (if poured more fully) wine--I don't love the line's wine glasses (goblets?) and I think it's arguably more awkward serving wine in the highball size than in this more vintage size. And frankly, who needs more than a 5.5 ounce pour at a time when the bottle is nearby, unless you are really doing a proper tasting.

I'll probably pick up a set of tumblers at some point in the future as well, though I don't really need them as much.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Does anyone know how the "new" Lounge Pass think works in general? If I have a booking of 4 people, can I buy access with points/money for 2 pax and use my Plat card for myself +1? Or is it only for yourself or +1 pax max?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Furry
Does anyone know how the "new" Lounge Pass think works in general? If I have a booking of 4 people, can I buy access with points/money for 2 pax and use my Plat card for myself +1? Or is it only for yourself or +1 pax max?
If you have status- or class-based lounge access, the tool should show it, instead of suggesting you buy the EMB.

So while I have not tried, I assume that you can actually only buy for passengers who don't have already have access.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:22 am

Newbie question: recently I got a free upgrade to business class on a NRT-HEL flight. The boarding passes said "Welcome to Qantas lounge located at..." but the check-in agent crossed out that part. Since we had plans to do some shopping at the airport it would have been a very short visit anyway, so I didn't ask about it. But am I supposed to have lounge access if I get upgraded this way? Not that I'm expecting this to happen very often

(It was my first time in long-haul business class, a very nice way to finish our vacation!)
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
IMO you have access to whatever lounge AY is using for J pax, even if op-upped. And ^ for the op-up - once you get the taste of the front of the bus, you'll never want to go back
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I've had lounge access in HEL when I have been op-upped at the baggage drop.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by flamedash
Newbie question: recently I got a free upgrade to business class on a NRT-HEL flight. The boarding passes said "Welcome to Qantas lounge located at..." but the check-in agent crossed out that part
I would've went to a kiosk and re-printed the bp so that I would have access
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I would've went to a kiosk and re-printed the bp so that I would have access
I think I figured out why the agent did that - it was around 7:15 in the morning, so the lounge wasn't open yet (seems to open at 8:30)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.