Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Yes, definitely possible. Did this in Feb when flying HKG-HEL-BRU with a short stopover in HEL.
Great to hear. Thanks for the reassuring words.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by rixord
Newbie question here: Recently had a ten-hour delay to start a Helsinki-Singapore flight (to start a honeymoon, hooray!) Airline has offered the mandated 600 EUR per passenger, or 1600 in vouchers between the two of us. Is it possible to negotiate for a higher number on the vouchers? Is there any harm in going back and asking for 1800 or 1900? I imagine the airline would much prefer that people take the vouchers than have to pay out hundreds of thousands if everyone took the money.
IMO the 200 eur bonus is already pretty generous – given that both the compensation cash and voucher amounts are standard I don't think there's any room for negociation.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Newbie question here: Recently had a ten-hour delay to start a Helsinki-Singapore flight (to start a honeymoon, hooray!) Airline has offered the mandated 600 EUR per passenger, or 1600 in vouchers between the two of us. Is it possible to negotiate for a higher number on the vouchers? Is there any harm in going back and asking for 1800 or 1900? I imagine the airline would much prefer that people take the vouchers than have to pay out hundreds of thousands if everyone took the money.
1600€ instead of 600€ ? That looks like an impossibly high bonus already. As Jainzar already noted, it's usually +33% or thereabout.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
1600€ instead of 600€ ? That looks like an impossibly high bonus already. As Jainzar already noted, it's usually +33% or thereabout.
1600€ is for the two of them, while the 600€ is per pax.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Indeed a honeymoon usually involves two
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Welcome to FT.

As a rule, AY doesn't negotiate. You're lucky to have been offered the compensation. If you can use the vouchers, take them.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by casper79
Flying ncl-hel soon over lhr. Just noticed that ncl-lhr arrives t5 and the lhr-hel flight leaves T3. I have 1u55... More than enough time to make the flight, but how much time will I have in cx first lounge?

Originally Posted by remymartin
About 1h. 20 mins to T3, walk through security to lounge 15 (assuming you are eligible for fast track). You leave the lounge latest T-30 which gives you 50 mins or so to enjoy champers.
Unfortunate NCL-LHR was delayed for 1h30 min, luckily LHR-HEL was delayed 40 minutes which resulted in 4 minutes lounge time.

Then to board the plane and having to wait 30 minutes before the engines start.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
TA managed to book me a return MEL-SIN-HEL-TLL on AY flight numbers in a way that outbound MEL-SYD is operated by QF but return is operated by JQ.
Any chance I have lounge access in SIN on my return leg? Flying Y ofc.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:35 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I Don't think so.
JQ is a true LCC leeching off of QF brand. No OW affiliation.
On a QF ticket holding a QF status then maybe but not a OW status.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
I Don't think so.
On a QF ticket holding a QF status then maybe but not a OW status.
Thanks. Thats what I thought.
I avoid S*itStar like the plague but, alas, corporate TA Then again of all the airports I think Changi is the one where I will most enjooy my 5h layover.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by intuition
Same with Lufthansa and Eurowings. No Star Alliance benefits...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Booking AY flights to NA (ORD) for the first time in couple of years. The ticket types are EcoSaver, EcoCampaign, EcoFlex and EcoPremium. I can't find any explanation on what these mean in terms of point accrual and even the point accrual calculator doesn't recognize them. What happened to Light/Basic/Value, etc.? Point accrual line in ticket info says "yes" for all types (very informative, thank you AY).
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Unsub
Booking AY flights to NA (ORD) for the first time in couple of years. The ticket types are EcoSaver, EcoCampaign, EcoFlex and EcoPremium. I can't find any explanation on what these mean in terms of point accrual and even the point accrual calculator doesn't recognize them. What happened to Light/Basic/Value, etc.? Point accrual line in ticket info says "yes" for all types (very informative, thank you AY).
Light / Basic / Value / etc. are gone for any joint venture flights (i.e. for NA and JP). If you are flying Y to NA, you should aim for getting flights under AA code, as those earn 100% to AY+, regardless of booking class (no tier benefit of extra 25% though). Of course, if you want to upgrade, you have to stick with AY, in which case most likely you'll get a ticket w/ 50% earning.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Light / Basic / Value / etc. are gone for any joint venture flights (i.e. for NA and JP). If you are flying Y to NA, you should aim for getting flights under AA code, as those earn 100% to AY+, regardless of booking class (no tier benefit of extra 25% though). Of course, if you want to upgrade, you have to stick with AY, in which case most likely you'll get a ticket w/ 50% earning.
I'm also looking to book one NA trip later this year under AY codes and it seems to be H booking class. Is it really 150% earning with that?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Tapio
I'm also looking to book one NA trip later this year under AY codes and it seems to be H booking class. Is it really 150% earning with that?
Yep, but likely it comes with a very steep price...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.