Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by flamedash
I think I figured out why the agent did that - it was around 7:15 in the morning, so the lounge wasn't open yet (seems to open at 8:30)
Oh, I guess the agent was trying to extend a courtesy so you don't head to the lounge only to find it closed.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Okay, another newbie question now that I finally made gold: next month I'm flying with AY to Oslo before continuing to Kristiansand on DY, with a four hour transfer at OSL in between.

Do I have access to OW lounge during this period, although I'm not departing on an OW flight?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by HELboy
Okay, another newbie question now that I finally made gold: next month I'm flying with AY to Oslo before continuing to Kristiansand on DY, with a four hour transfer at OSL in between.

Do I have access to OW lounge during this period, although I'm not departing on an OW flight?
No, but you can get the AY+ Gold Diners Club card for this kind of cases.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Thanks! Unfortunately, a quick googling showed up no results for a Diners Club lounge at OSL. Oh boy, it's going to be an expensive wait ...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by HELboy
Thanks! Unfortunately, a quick googling showed up no results for a Diners Club lounge at OSL. Oh boy, it's going to be an expensive wait ...
Well, you can still pay 300NOK (~32€) at the reception to gain access to the OSL lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Is that actually free for AY+ Gold tier members? I thought only Platinum tier members got free DC lounge entries.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:55 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Is that actually free for AY+ Gold tier members? I thought only Platinum tier members got free DC lounge entries.
Gold members have it as well, I have used Aspire at HEL several times when flying DY.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:40 pm

Newbie question here: Recently had a ten-hour delay to start a Helsinki-Singapore flight (to start a honeymoon, hooray!) Airline has offered the mandated 600 EUR per passenger, or 1600 in vouchers between the two of us. Is it possible to negotiate for a higher number on the vouchers? Is there any harm in going back and asking for 1800 or 1900? I imagine the airline would much prefer that people take the vouchers than have to pay out hundreds of thousands if everyone took the money.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by HJP
Gold members have it as well, I have used Aspire at HEL several times when flying DY.
Yes. I've been there also many times before AY flights

Plats get the card for free, us lowly Golds must pay the annual 50€ fee.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Hartsa
Plats get the card for free, us lowly Golds must pay the annual 50€ fee.
Another 50€ to factor in when thinking about converting points to get Plat
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Another 50€ to factor in when thinking about converting points to get Plat
x2, another fifty for the MasterCard!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I'm coming back from HKG and continuing onwards to AMS but only on the next day (with 17 hours in between). I hope it is possible to short-check the bag to HEL? I'm doing a B2B in AMS the next day.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:24 am

I´ve took out bags several times when staying overnight in HEL, flying intra Europe. Never a problem.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by lkrt
I'm coming back from HKG and continuing onwards to AMS but only on the next day (with 17 hours in between). I hope it is possible to short-check the bag to HEL? I'm doing a B2B in AMS the next day.
Yes, definitely possible. Did this in Feb when flying HKG-HEL-BRU with a short stopover in HEL.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by rixord
Newbie question here: Recently had a ten-hour delay to start a Helsinki-Singapore flight (to start a honeymoon, hooray!) Airline has offered the mandated 600 EUR per passenger, or 1600 in vouchers between the two of us. Is it possible to negotiate for a higher number on the vouchers? Is there any harm in going back and asking for 1800 or 1900? I imagine the airline would much prefer that people take the vouchers than have to pay out hundreds of thousands if everyone took the money.
You can always ask, but the 33% bonus are already the carrot to take the voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.