Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
[/LIST]
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Even then a call/e-mail fixes it.
Not in my case. They explicitly refused to retrocredit the tier bonus.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hi guys,

Got another question/clarification

I recently became Plat (first time) and my qualification period ends July 31 2017. Got 2 longhaul upgrade vouchers and 4 regional that will expire July 31 2017.

When my new qualification period begins on August 01, 2017, does that mean i will be getting an additional 2 long haul & 4 regional upgrade vouchers that will expire on July 31 2018?

Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by supatight80
Hi guys,

Got another question/clarification

I recently became Plat (first time) and my qualification period ends July 31 2017. Got 2 longhaul upgrade vouchers and 4 regional that will expire July 31 2017.

When my new qualification period begins on August 01, 2017, does that mean i will be getting an additional 2 long haul & 4 regional upgrade vouchers that will expire on July 31 2018?

Thanks!
You are correct!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Wow for the first year as Plat then you'd practically get 6 one way intl. upgrade vouchers (4 + 4 regional converted to 2 intl.) + (2 + 2 intl)

My first batch ending July 2017 i was able to upgrade a flight dated November 2017.

Here i was thinking i needed to use those vouchers expiring next month on AY flights before August 2017!

Thanks AY!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Flying AY89 to BKK tomorrow, and it looks like the flight will be pretty full. What are my best chances for an op-up - check in early or check in very late? Or does it matter at all?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Question

Something strange happened with my AY+ account today: I had 14000 tier points on my account before exchanging 60000 award points for 20000 tier points. My intention was to get the tier points now, so I would make silver right after my connecting flight before a longhaul in J.

However, for some reason, my tier got bumped up to silver right away, although the Finnair website clearly states that:
You can exchange points in batches of 5 000 tier points, but can acquire no more than half the tier points you need to maintain or advance your tier membership. As an example, you need 30 000 tier points to be a Finnair Plus Silver member - therefore, you can acquire a maximum of 15 000 of these tier points by points exchange.
Any idea what's going on here? Is this old news or possibly just outdated information on the website?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
My guess is that it is one of the many bugs in the AY IT systems.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by Hartsa
My guess is that it is one of the many bugs in the AY IT systems.
Probably, but this raises another question: is the move up to the next tier legit?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by HELboy
Probably, but this raises another question: is the move up to the next tier legit?
If it shows right on the webpage and you get the card, sure. I wouldn't probably make a fuss about it in public, though.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by supatight80
Wow for the first year as Plat then you'd practically get 6 one way intl. upgrade vouchers (4 + 4 regional converted to 2 intl.) + (2 + 2 intl)!
It gets even better than that - with the Plat card you can nominate someone for a Gold card. That comes with 4 EUR upgrades. So all in all 4 longhauls + 12 shorthauls or 7 longhauls. Pretty neat. Of couse this is only when you move Gold->Plat. Renewing plat is a "meager" 4 longhaul upgrades, with the gold nominees vouchers.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
It gets even better than that - with the Plat card you can nominate someone for a Gold card. That comes with 4 EUR upgrades. So all in all 4 longhauls + 12 shorthauls or 7 longhauls. Pretty neat. Of couse this is only when you move Gold->Plat. Renewing plat is a "meager" 4 longhaul upgrades, with the gold nominees vouchers.
Yes, and you actually get two gift Gold cards (each with vouchers, of course) - first one when reaching the Plat threshold and second at the beginning of the new tracking period. I was positively surprised!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:40 am

Oooooohh..so you mean 8 LH upgrades! Coz i get the gold card 2X remember? :P

But how does the gold card work to get the upgrades for meself? I gift the gold card to me?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
IRROPS Handling Question

Today will be my first time flying Finnair: SFO-HEL-BUD. Unfortunately, the incoming AY11 is delayed by more than 1.5hrs so it's very unlikely that I will make my 45min connection in HEL to AY755. Of course that's the last flight of the day to BUD.

My question is: how streamlined is IRROPS handling. If there is a chance to make the connection would they send someone to wait for me at the gate to run me over? If I miss it, what's the best way to get rebooked quickly? (there is an Air Berlin option getting there the same day, but that's pretty much it, maybe LH, but that seems full)

I am flying I class (business) and just made gold on AA (=Ruby).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If nothing changed lately, IRROPS are poorly handled. They likely won't be waiting at the gate. You might be told "to see our ground-staff" but that sentence means you are to make your way to transfer desk and there present your case.

If there is a chance of making the connection, it is mostly in your own hands. Take a look at the gate map in the onboards magazine and then make a run for it. Airports is not too big, but at times very crowded.

Last edited by intuition; Jun 27, 2017 at 11:26 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by fatlasercat
Today will be my first time flying Finnair: SFO-HEL-BUD. Unfortunately, the incoming AY11 is delayed by more than 1.5hrs so it's very unlikely that I will make my 45min connection in HEL to AY755. Of course that's the last flight of the day to BUD.

My question is: how streamlined is IRROPS handling. If there is a chance to make the connection would they send someone to wait for me at the gate to run me over? If I miss it, what's the best way to get rebooked quickly? (there is an Air Berlin option getting there the same day, but that's pretty much it, maybe LH, but that seems full)

I am flying I class (business) and just made gold on AA (=Ruby).
Don't throw the towel in, yet! If AY12 won't get any further delay from estimated dep time, it is quite possible that you can make the connection, of course depending on weather conditions enroute, and if AY755 is being delayed a few minutes to wait for connecting passengers. You can find information on connections on your IFE before landing, or ask the FAs about it before arrival, they know the connections and departure gates well inbeforehand.

You'll be arriving from US, which means you don't need to go through security check anymore at HEL, but only passport control, which prob is not so busy at that time, as long as you get out of the plane among the first ones. Just follow the signs to transfers and the gate number of your next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.