Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Have you tried adding them manually?
I did but reservation doesnt exist

Im gonna give finnair a call and see if they can attach it for me
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I don't know LATAM, but do they use Amadeus?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I don't know LATAM, but do they use Amadeus?
I think it is Sabre.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That might explain it - I think AY's systme don't understand Sabre bookiong codes (at least the customer facing ones)
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
That might explain it - I think AY's systme don't understand Sabre bookiong codes (at least the customer facing ones)
Yah it is definitely Sabre

Called Finnair and they cannot retrieve it either. Hmm, does this mean we have to fight for our tier points after flight? Or will we still be getting status benefits with LAN?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by supatight80
Hmm, does this mean we have to fight for our tier points after flight? Or will we still be getting status benefits with LAN?
I had just the normal retro-credit but no fight. Since you are in J status benefits are not really important. I anyway like the Air Canada lounge in FRA.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This might be your saviour

https://www.qantas.com/fi/en/manage-booking.html

It worked with AA, probably works with LATAM, too. Enter the Sabre code and name, it should bring up the booking and also show somewhere the Amadeus one.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
I had just the normal retro-credit but no fight. Since you are in J status benefits are not really important. I anyway like the Air Canada lounge in FRA.
Glad that you like the AC lounge in FRA! Only 2-3 years old Yah AC is my main carrier for most flights but I am beginning to really like AY a lot mainly coz the AY FAs i noticed treat me better and are much, much nicer.

Btw my flight is LA AEP to SLA on economy. Only 2 hours but i dread being in AEP airport without status as the queue is ungodly super long and super slow on coach class, hence needing my status attached to my PNR
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:40 am

This might be your saviour

https://www.qantas.com/fi/en/manage-booking.html

It worked with AA, probably works with LATAM, too. Enter the Sabre code and name, it should bring up the booking and also show somewhere the Amadeus one.
Yah i tried that earlier Along with etihad and ba.com using PNR XXXXXX/LA

Nothing works. Oh well, hopefully when i check-in my status shows. Dont have my physical card ready as it is mailed to Canada while im still here in Asia
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Don't worry, it will work fine even though it doesn't show on the app. The app can only handle Amadeus reservations (or Sabre if it has a ghost Amadeus PNR).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Just to be clear: I was able to pull up my LATAM booking FRA-MAD in the Finnair app, but while showing the details of the booking, it gave some sort of error message and when checking again after a while, the booking wasn't visible in the app anymore.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Just to be clear: I was able to pull up my LATAM booking FRA-MAD in the Finnair app, but while showing the details of the booking, it gave some sort of error message and when checking again after a while, the booking wasn't visible in the app anymore.
This was my point. Sabre reservations may have PNR's also on Amadeus, for instance if booked via an OTA that uses Amadeus, although they can't be modified there. Sometimes there are also problems in retrieving the details.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Hey, first post and a relatively simple question: if I qualify for the next tier during a trip, will the points earned for the return leg include the bonus % for the new tier?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by HELboy
Hey, first post and a relatively simple question: if I qualify for the next tier during a trip, will the points earned for the return leg include the bonus % for the new tier?
Yes, unless the points fail to post before the return leg.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even then a call/e-mail fixes it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.